• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:29:24 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Heavy Metal X-Men Sprites

Started by Metal, January 11, 2014, 07:22:37 pm

Fosil

Yeah, I apologize for the unusable sprite sheet. It was just for show that time around.

I'm going to be leaving for the weekend, but this is what I've got so far. I hope the hair looks good, as I struggled getting it "right."

Also, the palette changed ever so lightly. The darkest red was replaced with a dark orange from the Bomb's palette. Yet, I still need to source some "true" (from other palettes) colors to replace the colors I made myself, if I'm to do it right.

Here is diagonal, front, and mid-walk/mid-cast/armless view. See you next week!
  • Modding version: PSX

Elric

Quote from: Fosil on May 30, 2014, 12:46:38 pm
Yeah, I apologize for the unusable sprite sheet. It was just for show that time around.

Don't apologize, I actually prefer when people post as PNG over anything else.

Also, nice job so far, this Storm is looking great.

Kagebunji

Yup, great looking Storm you have here. Good luck with the sheet :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Fosil

Just wanted to post an update. Progress is going slower than I would like. (Work and crap, meh.)

The palette it down to 15 colors, woo! If anyone has a suggestion as to another, if any, to add? Also, I might like to thin the gold band around the bottom of her cape. Thoughts?

After I finish it, I can see making a new 'Sorceress' job from this by altering her palette. (That may very well require the 16th color palette spot, depending how it goes.)

Seushiro

June 11, 2014, 12:22:04 am #44 Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:29:38 am by Seushiro
Well I like the gold band the way it is it makes it unique and matching to the sprite. But it will have to be replicated in the walking frames and arms if it will be attached. It will be rough

Jumza

It'll be awesome if you can pull it off though, and a great reference for others who attempt to do similar things in the future :) keep up the good work Fosil
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Lijj

Cool Storm sprite!
There are a couple things that look off though.. the angle of the collar mostly. and the black tiara.. which is really hard to get right at this size. I don't even know if I got it right but I went ahead and tried editing that a bit too. Added 1 more color so now it's 16 total and the skin is better separated from the outfit.

This is one hell of a sprite.

Cheetah

Great looking Storm sprite. I was very impressed with Fosil's base and didn't see room for improvement, but Lijj's edits are spot on.
Current Projects:

Fosil

Thank you for the collaboration!

I took Lijj's effort a few steps further and smoothed out some things. Although in retrospect, It could be said I am stepping backwards, as I used her skin tones again in odd places. (Will making converting it to another palette harder.)

Lijj

Nice fixes on the collar and well done smoothing the collar out.. I'd say you definitely took it another step forward.

Fosil

I think I'd like to help with the other X-Men/superhero sprites as well after I finish. No promises, though...

CONMAN

Getting closer on this Thor.  Definite work needed on attack arms (hair gets covered by cape portions on the arm).  Also another weak port attempt reveal.

Metal

November 07, 2015, 10:44:53 pm #52 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:09:29 am by Metal
Ever finish that Thor?, or Storm? those were awesome... Was hoping i would see more of those.

So I broke my computer, got a new one but lost a-lot of old stuff i was working on and became frustrated. Lately I have begun spriting again but have forgotten things.

Here are some frankensprites I started fiddling with based on the Titan and Troll sprites i found here (will give credit later when i find out who made them). Also, the portraits are not FFT style and i obviously need portraits made... these are really weak starts, but i figured i could go ahead and post what i have and get feedback before i start. so lemme know what u guys are thinking!

Hulk:

Drax the Destroyer:

Adam Warlock:

-can easily pallette change redhulk, greyhulk, greenhulk too which is cool...