• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Heavy Metal X-Men Sprites

Started by Metal, January 11, 2014, 07:22:37 pm

Metal

January 11, 2014, 07:22:37 pm Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:44:04 am by Metal
Working on comic book teams for a patch.

Please feel free to take any of these and work on them.
Comments / criticism is always welcome!

Metal

January 11, 2014, 07:37:02 pm #1 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:53:03 am by Metal

X-Men Assemble!

Edited Periodically

Adam Warlock: (New) Just palette change from magneto, with gambit head for now.

Archangel: (needs work) lluyd sprite pallette change...

Azazel: (Complete) Needs portrait.

Batman: (needs work) Working on the legs...

Beast: (needs work) Just an idea for beast, I haven't worked on it much and his animations are all screwed up.

Cyclops: (Complete) Choto came up with the base, needs re-color.

Deadpool: (needs work) Rough draft.

Drax the Destroyer: (new) Ogre base.

Dr. Doom: (needs work) Needs a belt and a portrait.

Elektra: (complete) Needs a portrait.

Gambit: (in progress) Basically finished, just needs to be cleaned up.

Hulk: (new) Titan base.

Iron Man: (Complete)

Majik: (in progress) Needs a portrait.

Kitty Pryde: (complete) Needs a portrait.

Loki: (complete)

Magneto: (Complete)

Mystique: (in progress) Pallete change from psylocke. Any ideas to make her look more unique are appreciated!

Psylocke: (complete) Basically done, I might add a belt later.

Rogue: (complete) Needs a portrait.

Storm: (in progress) Needs updated spritesheet.

Thor: (in progress)

Wolverine:(needs work) Need to fix colors and add more shades.

Choto

Ah that's my Cyclops dude. I like the ideas... it would be so cool to make a marvel patch lol. Feel free to do what you want with the spritesheet :)

Angel

When I first saw this topic, I thought, "needs moar Psylocke." So thank you for delivering. <3
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Metal

January 13, 2014, 08:27:49 am #4 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 04:39:36 am by Metal
Thanks guys! Yea hopefully i can start cranking out some more soon, my water pipe busted so been busy with that... I worked on psylocke's belt but was still havin' a little trouble getting it correct. Any criticism is welcome too! Or even if u guys have some ideas of other sprites i can do next im all ears... was sorta saving some of my favorites until im better with this. Gambit and Mr Sinister are 2 for sure's that i wanna do. So yea... Here's some things i could really use if anyone's bored!

-Advice on pallettes
-Next X-Men i should work on
-Girls, Portraits.

Choto

I think CONMAN made a working Magneto sprite that actually floats around.

One suggestion is using monster spritesheets for bigger ones like Dr. Doom. Also, study the crap out of any of Twinees, Lijj's, and Kagebunji's sprites to get some tips! You may also be able to find ripped spritesheets from other marvel games to use as references at http://www.spriters-resource.com/

Metal

January 13, 2014, 06:44:15 pm #6 Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:47:12 am by Metal
Wow thx for the resource choto! Yea I have the magneto one downloaded, it's awesome (that's the sheet i used for batman). Sux havin' to load up fftactics and play a game every time i wanna test it though...

It's Crazy you mentioned monster sprites as well, i was doing a little thinking and i gotta get our beloved big blue beast in here too... So i saw this werewolf sprite-sheet and with a little work i think i can get a beast sprite started, Pallettes for beast/darkbeast too hopefully. What you think?

Here's the other marvel ones i found on the site.

Thor: (qued)

Magneto: (complete)

Loki: (complete)

Iron Man: (complete)

Elric

Your posts were only ~ 30 minutes apart, please use the edit button to update your previous post next time.
Double posting is frowned upon, unless you need help and it has been a few days since your post has been buried.

BTW, nice spritework, was wondering when more of these would pop up.

Metal

Oooops sorry mr. elric. I was using the edit button cuz i read some posts of peeps complaining about it but didn't really realize why. I will use edit more now and keep my posts to a minimum. Thanks for the encouragement! Hopefully I improve.

CONMAN

looooong time no post... Ya, that's my Thor (and Magneto/Loki/Ironman)- I haven't done much more work with him except tinkering with a helmet for him.  I've spent some time getting fatigued with some different sprites- and honestly spriters just kind of burn themselves out at times(and come back when the sprite bug hits them  :D). Actually I spent some time on one for Elric that frustrated me a bunch.  Any way since you've had some nice things to show (dude that wolvie could be great, but he claws are a bitch) and say, I figured I would show you another one I'm close to finished on (needs a port)

Azazel:

Elric

Haha no worries, I DON'T want you to worry about HOW MUCH you post at all, by all means, be as active as you like. That's why we are here :D
Just don't make a double post if its only been an hour since you made the last one, especially when yours is still the most recent in the section,
since the update is likely going to be seen anyway :)

Thank you for understanding.

EDIT:
Quote from: CONMAN on January 13, 2014, 09:35:52 pm
Actually I spent some time on one for Elric that frustrated me a bunch.

HEY CONMAN! So that's where you went?! I wish you wouldn't disappear due to feeling frustrated from that, I asked you primarily since you
were the one that came to mind when I thought of using it :P Since you are the resident Frankenspriter, lol

CONMAN

QuoteHEY CONMAN! So that's where you went?! I wish you wouldn't disappear due to feeling frustrated from that, I asked you primarily since you
were the one that came to mind when I thought of using it :P Since you are the resident Frankenspriter, lol

No worries- I just don't/ post much when I don't feel like contributing much.  Granted, I do get upset with myself if I don't live up to my word.  Also I kind of have seasonal lapse on this site during football season.  I'm a big fan (I play fantasy football too) and only have so much hobby time. 

Metal

Wow conman your a badass, that azaziel sprite is sick! Just wrote night-crawler and mystique down on "the list" now, damn you... By the way what did you mean when you said "Needs a port" in reference to azaziel. Im still kinda newish at this thing.

Quote(dude that wolvie could be great, but he claws are a bitch)
lol no kidding. The wolverine was the very first attempt ever at spriting and i screwed up a-lot noticed his claws show through when he lifts his hands up. Im going to try and sling some arms on tonight and will jus edit the post.

Sry i know i type alot... but i had a question on monster sprite-sheets that i couldn't find browsing around. Im really confused about the spr2 file that some monsters have and was wondering how to edit it? THX for the support guys! Hopefully the spriter's bug is contageous.

Elric

Quote from: Metal on January 13, 2014, 11:53:42 pm
Wow conman your a badass, that azaziel sprite is sick! Just wrote night-crawler and mystique down on "the list" now, damn you... By the way what did you mean when you said "Needs a port" in reference to azaziel. Im still kinda newish at this thing.

He means that the sprite needs a Portrait made for it.

Metal

QuoteHe means that the sprite needs a Portrait made for it.

Oh... doh hahaha. I shoulda' been able to figure that one out.

Check out http://www.comicvine.com that's where i get a-lot of my references.

Got a reference pic your using for the current sprite?

Was looking at the pics and also noticed a skull shoulder-pad in some of his costumes like here:
and

Im sure that's a total pain though, I didn't even know they were putting him in the movies already... 

CONMAN

I worked on this a few months ago so my memory is a little hazy... I tried the skull shoulder pad thing in the past, but that kind of arm work is rough! (I spent a lot of time once trying to recreate the James Earl Jones's Thulsa Doom from Conan)  I believe I tried to base it off the images you put up and also the one below.  I didn't have space for gold colors on the sprite (also the partial chest reveal mixed with a beard looked awkward.)  So, yeah I went with a fusion that seemed best to me. Honestly I hate having clothes and cape the same (black on black) otherwise I would have gone with fuzzy white shoulders and black cape. 

hmm... I may put a little more work in on this guy to get him right, but I was pleased with how the sprite (not so much the character) came together.  Sometimes you find that you can't quite get the depiction of a character the way you want, but like the way it came out anyway.

Metal

QuoteSometimes you find that you can't quite get the depiction of a character the way you want, but like the way it came out anyway.

Yea, i assumed that shoulder-pad was a pain. Either way the sprite looks pretty bad-ass i loaded it in game last night n checked it out. Can't wait to see what the portrait looks like i think that's all he rly needs. Didja see the beast i started? Was wondering how that sp2 file works... He works fine as minotaur but then when the next lvl one does aoe the animation screws up.

Choto

There are ways to fix the animation I think. Monsters have longer spritesheets for additional animations. Check the Worker 8 spritesheet, it's got a bunch of extra stuff at the bottom.

Also, if you were to create character graphics that adhere to one of the preset animations Frame and Duration selections, you would have a natural-looking custom animation. The glory of monster sprites =)

Metal

Ahhhh! yea that makes sense, thanks for the response choto. I will mess around with it more n figure it out. That explains why it kept chopping up my sprite every time i tried to export it.

Metal

January 17, 2014, 05:28:49 am #19 Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 02:17:33 am by Metal
So a funny thing happened the other day when i was messing with psylockes hair. I screwed up the palette somehow, not sure what happened still but when i loaded the sprite into shishi's i laughed my ass off cuz she was naked. hahahah WHY DID U TAKE HER CLOTHES SHISHI U PERV!. Still dunno how it happened but i guess i got a decent base for other sprites.