• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:18:26 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

IronArm's Sprites

Started by IronArm, December 22, 2013, 05:58:08 pm

azavier

can u upload in spr or bmp i tried to save using graphicsgale but it isnt working =[

IronArm

Wanted to put that Rachael's portrait is now all original, but Brasdefer has original armor but also some patched worked. I'm happy with Brasdefer's portrait being like this, because I still think it gives off the unique feel I was going for.

Elric: Thank you! Hair is my toughest challenge, but since I've joined ffhacktics, I can see my skills growing greatly.

azavier:

Teapott

I changed the armor which I used Delita's 2nd Chapter armor, and Bard 2nd Palette for the Cloak~ Hope you enjoy :oops:
  • Modding version: PSX
Seeker of the Cosmos

Kagebunji

Brasdefer is nice and all, but why didi you make his highlight on hair a dark shade, IronArm? That's not how highlights should be :P Use a second skin tone for a highlight(if you don't have space on palette to add a color), or add in a lighter brown for it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

IronArm

Kage: I was attempting to see if the hair would come off as its starting to grey in-game. Just tested it out and it didn't work, so I'm going back to the highlights ha.

Teapott: Thanks for the color palette. I'll definitely test it out and see how it does, but I think I'm going with silver colored armor now.

I've been working all day on the sprites, including updating Godfrey's, and missed a few things here and there and some of the colors have already been altered from the version I put up earlier today. Thursday at the latest I've have an updated Brasdefer and Godfrey up.

Diethe

Great progress. My favorite has to be Brasdefer. The others also have no problems in my opinion, while the only noticeable thing on Brasdefer for me would be the too much antialiasing and shadowing of the armor. That used to be my problem too that there's so much shades in my armors or shadows that there's only one pixel width of the lightest shade. The sprite however and the face itself is already spot on and character-tier quality.
  • Discord username: Diethe

Jumza

Quote from: IronArm on January 07, 2014, 02:58:43 am
Teapott: Thanks for the color palette. I'll definitely test it out and see how it does, but I think I'm going with silver colored armor now.

Maybe keep this as a second palette. It's as good as the silver armor and redoing palette's later can be annoying.

These are getting really good IronArm :) Great job!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

IronArm

Highlights have been added to Brasdefer's sprite.

Diethe: When doing it, I didn't notice any of it (spend all day working on it and you miss stuff ha).  When I tested the sprite out in game I can definitely see what you are talking about. I won't be working on it till Thursday though. I don't want to over do it and get wiped out too fast. I did do an updated version of Godfrey that I'll be posting tonight.

Kage: Very true. I'll be saving the palette

Agenda:
1.) Add more texture to Rachael's scarf on portrait
2.) Fix shading issue with Brasdefer's armor
3.) Finish Godfrey's sprite sheet and look at different cape options
4.) Make rough drafts of last three members of party for my patch

By the end of this week I plan on having 1-3 finished (may still make small alterations afterwards). Once I've finished the sprites I can fully work on class balancing, which is currently just being done on Brasdefer's and Godfrey's class.

Once I've done more work on the classes, I'll probably post all the info on the ideas board since I've already finished the story

Teapott

If you or anybody else want a new palette, feel free to ask me, I really like editig palettes :mrgreen:
Seeker of the Cosmos

CodySpie

Quote from: Teapott on January 07, 2014, 05:07:15 pm
If you or anybody else want a new palette, feel free to ask me, I really like editig palettes :mrgreen:

I am an anybody else! If you love doing it I'll out you to work because it's incredibly difficult for me to make a decent Palette. Color blind and such, hence why all of my stuff is blue  ;)

Here, take this free creative control and give my thread a look when you get the chance. My heaven knights could use a little love.

IronArm

January 08, 2014, 01:04:15 am #30 Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:20:07 am by IronArm
This is still a WIP, but this is what I have of Godfrey's Sprite and Portrait so far. The new cape colors will be the primary colors for my patch and will also be the color of Brasdefer's cape.

Edit: Because I can't stop...

GeneralStrife

Well done, I like godfrey.

Kagebunji

I'm gonna look closer in on them once you have the complete version and give you more insight into it. These are really starting to look cool, keep at it :D

IronArm

This is a (rough) rough draft, just to show that I'm active again and getting back to my projects. Portrait: The hair is a mixture of the generic Dancer's hair and a my own work, face is my own work based off a generic FFT face, and the clothes are just a generic Dancer's clothes. Sprite: Balmafula's body minus the cloak and altered Dancer's head. This is all just a base and I'll be removing a lot of the generic's parts with my own works. Character bio to come later (obviously an elf).

Luiakyn

Great stuff :) Really liking this >: D

Vaan

This is really awesome. Really epic man, keep up the good work.  :mrgreen:
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Lijj

Good to see you're still working on these..
I remember finding you on DA when I first stated an acct. there.

Erosennin36

Well Done i will use this Sprite  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: