• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 03:00:36 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Again Hack v0.01

Started by GreatSpecter, May 12, 2016, 02:10:37 pm

GreatSpecter

May 12, 2016, 02:10:37 pm Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:30:43 pm by GreatSpecter
Hello, I am new here. I found this site by mere curiosity and found a lot of awesome tools and hacks for FFTA(my first gba game, and one of my favorites). I loved the work from rrs_kai and Darthatron among others who made sweet tools to customize the game and remove the laws. I decided to try my hands at a hack myself and I would really appreciate it if you guys could tell me if my project has some potential and if I should change some things.

List of Changes:

-Classes-

Paladin: Now has some abilities that play similarly to Holy Knight and learns white magic instead of some abilities.
To unlock you will need 3(Soldier) & 3(White Mage)
Fighter: Changed to Dark Knight, some abilities were also changed to assimilate the play stile from the original Tactics.
To unlock you will need 4(Soldier) & 4(Black Mage)
Red Mage: Now learns Giga Falre, and Bio.

-Weapons-

-Almost all the ninja weaponry has immunity to ailments.
-Ebon blade now drains HP.
-Excalibur2 now enhances Holy, absorbs Dark, and Drains HP
-Masamune now gives 1/2 Fire, lightning, and ice.
-Masamune100 absorbs Dark and Light and is immune to ailments.
-Javelin is now buffed up and sold in shop lvl 3 for reasons below.

-Abilities-

-jump deals now x2 damage and if hits it adds slow.
-Wood veil is not an attack but a self buff that adds haste.
-the abilities of Paladin and Fighter are different.
-Giga flare deals more damage now.

-New Gimmick-

-Paladin: weak to Dark, Nul Holy
-Dark knight: absorb Dark, weak to Holy
-Ninja: resist wind
-White Mage: resist Holy.
-Black Mage: resist Dark
-Illusionist: absorb wind, weak to earth
-Blue Mage: resist everything but holy and dark.
-Dragoon: Resist fire, water, ice, and thunder, weak to earth.
-Defender: Weak to wind, resist Dark.
-Bishop: Absorb wind, resist holy
-Templar: Weak to (fire, thunder, ice), resist (water, wind, earth, and holy)
-Time Mage: Absorbs holy, weak to Dark.
-Alchemist: resists holy and dark
-Sage: Weak to (fire, thunder, ice), resist (water, wind, earth, and dark)
-Elementalist: resists earth
-Red Mage: Resists (fire, thunder, ice)
-Summoner: Resist (fire, thunder, ice), weak to holy and dark.
-Assasin: Resist earth and dark, weak to holy.
-Mog Knight: resist holy and dark.
-Juggler: resists dark

-Other-

-Some missions were changed, mostly late game.
-Bloodthirsters encounter is now much harder but drops Ebony blade :D
-No laws!
-rrs_kai's item fix hack is implemented!

*There are probably a bit more changes that I haven't gone over but this are the most important, so please feel free to explore the game*

*This is my first attempt at making something like this, I am still very new to this hacking business, please bare with me. Feel free to comment on the game and what should be changed, I will try to work as hard as time will allow it on this project, thank you all so much for your time.*

>>MANY MANY thanks to both rrs_kai and Darthatron who made this hack abalible with their tools and hacks!<<

I used the Lunar IPS patcher and I will leave the patch in the description, don't ask me how to get the rom plz :P

Jumza

Cool :o the more hacks the better!

Most of your changes look pretty good, I'm excited to see the abilities for Paladin and Dark knight! But why are summoners weak to so many elements and resist none? :P
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

GreatSpecter

Woops lemme fix that! They are strong against fire, thunder, and ice. XD ty for telling me.

chocolatemoose

It'll probably be a while before I'm able to get to this (I'm slowly working through my backlog), but I really appreciate that you added inherent strengths and weaknesses to certain classes. It gives the player good reasons to switch up classes, not just optimize for one class as per usual. If anything, I'd advocate for even more weaknesses to make things more interesting (Ok, maybe I've played too many Shin Megami Tensei games, but the constant tension between strengths and weaknesses is one of the things that makes them really good games).

Take the holy weakness for example: how often are you going to get hit with a holy spell to make that weakness or resist meaningful? If you add more elemental effects to weapons and armor (both strengths and weaknesses) you might get some interesting results. Give me a battle where my party will get destroyed if I don't have holy resist and then I'll have a good reason to switch to classes/equipment that can neutralize this.

Also, too, the ability buffs seem really OP. Are you planning to edit the enemy formations to make sure they have more frequent access to Gigaflare and Wood Veil?