• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:00:25 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Why does

Started by MountainDew~, August 15, 2011, 12:35:19 am

MountainDew~

My game freeze at the unit placement screen on the battle vs Algus? Would this be because 

1) I didn't extend my iso file
2) Bad file all together (It's worked for other patches that I've played)
3) I'm doing it wrong.

3 was a joke, but this is a serious topic, not me being a smart ass.
Also, would just repatching the iso file work?
No never mind I'll just try that while I wait for a response.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Holographic #1363

Eternal

Do you have the latest patch? There were some bugs with earlier versions where battles would freeze in the formation screen. Further, what emulator are you using?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

MountainDew~

ePSXe 1.70, I downloaded PW:0.29 Yesterday so any problems I run into wouldn't be old.

Eternal

I see. I'll test it out in the morning then. Thanks for the report! :D
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Eternal

Okay, I can confirm that it does freeze in the formation screen. I'll ask one of the ASMers to check it out and see what they think could be causing it.

MountainDew~

Good stuff, I'm looking  forward to continuing this patch when it is fixed :)

Eternal

I can send you an older version to beat Zeakden, you can save afterwards and go back to .29, if you want.

MountainDew~

It's okay, I ordered a new computer (parts, anyways) so I'm going to avoid pcgaming with my 03 XP 'til I get this new one. I can wait :|