• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:04:54 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Charge skill with targeting?

Started by Devreckas, October 06, 2014, 07:40:11 pm

Devreckas

Does anyone know if there's a way to make the archer's charge skill be able to track units as long as the unit stays within range of the weapon?

Angel

I've wanted this for years, but not enough to look into it. I'd imagine it would be possible, but I can't say how easily.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Boco

November 18, 2014, 07:19:39 pm #2 Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:27:19 pm by Boco
Hoping this isn't considered necro-posting, but I've been thinking about this subject for a while and this seemed like a relevant thread to post this idea.

I have an idea that, speaking as a modding layman, I believe would simplify this matter. Why not remove ALL the Charge+# skills and replace it with a single "accumulate" type ability like the squire has? I mean, they both have the similar function to increase power.

Why not make a custom accumulate skill for the archer? You could make it so that the power bonus you get from accumulating is permanent for however long you stay on your current square, simulating a sense of having heightened senses by standing still. This would allow you to "accumulate" up to a maximum amount that resembles the power of a charge+20, while being able to target anything in weapon-range using the Attack command. Moving off the square, being knocked off the square, receiving some status effects like sleep, or dying would remove the power bonus.

I think this would allow targeting with the charge skill. It wouldn't really be an attack, just a self-targeted power increase that disappears the moment you move or get knocked around with throw stone/dash. Then, when an enemy gets in weapon-range, you can use that accumulated focus for permanently stronger Attack commands (because you only lose focus if you move).

Maybe this would also free up a few ability spaces.

EDIT: I should say I don't know if any of that is possible. I really don't know much about modding, but I think it SOUNDS simpler that trying to have abilities that smartly target enemies (well, besides the existing smart-targeting abilities like magic, but those are different because they aren't confined to weapon-range)