• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:59:02 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

CD Mage unable to open UMD ISO? (Resolved)

Started by OveliaAtkascha, March 13, 2016, 06:27:09 pm

OveliaAtkascha

March 13, 2016, 06:27:09 pm Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:16:16 pm by OveliaAtkascha
I've been following the Event Editing tutorial, trying to get a start on this concept and I've already run into an issue with opening the Image file in CD Mage B5.  If I open the PSX .bin file for it, it works just like in the tutorial, but opening the "FFT Image" as stated in the tutorial for a WotL file gets an error saying that file length doesn't match sector boundary when I attempt to open it in M2/2352 as stated.  I've tried it with all the alternative tracks, and only M1/2048 works, but it's got a completely different listing of files.  I found fftpack.bin in there, but again, couldn't do anything with it.

My question is, is it possible to open up a WotL file using the same methods and programs listed in Elric's tutorial here:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8229.0

Or will I have to move to PSX modding to accomplish event editing?
I apologize if this is answered elsewhere; I looked around the forums a bit, but I didn't quite bring out the fine-toothed comb.
Thanks for taking the time to address my question!
"I am a daughter of House Atkascha!  I'll take no orders from you!"

Xifanie

I don't personally know what is involved with WotL, but no, any programs to alter regular CD images are not going to work with UMDs.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

OveliaAtkascha

Alright, thanks!  Believe it's time to swap over to PSX modding and make things easier on myself.

Angel

Just for the sake of answering the original question, UMDgen is what you'd use in lieu of CD Mage, but I'm not sure how much further that would successfully get you through the tutorial.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

OveliaAtkascha

Ah.  I have that program too, that I used for sprite editing.  I didn't realize that they accomplished the same things.  That's fine, I was being overly stubborn with my WotL modding, it's time to throw that towel in and go for the PSX version.  I've accomplished a lot of the game play balancing issues I wanted to approach already, so I can focus on the flavor mods now.

Thanks for the help, guys!