• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:04:00 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Hacktics Most Wanted (Sprites)

Started by CONMAN, June 02, 2015, 03:15:53 pm

CONMAN

This section has been pretty dead for a while.  This is understandable for a few good reasons.... For one, there is a lack of fresh blood: newbies either give up quickly, or are simply scared of trying (honestly I would love to just see random head swaps/ re-palettes).  For another, vets are either tired or unmotivated to make new sprites.  Depending on how adventurous the sprites is, the time need could be anywhere from 5 to 30 hours of tedious work!

As for the first issue, I have considered making a franken-sprite tutorial to jump start newbies...  Once someone has seen how easy it is to head-swap/mix+match body parts/re-palette existing sprites, they should never need to request it again.  Honestly, how many simple request pop up that could be handled in a couple of hours with tiny effort.

As for vets, it gets very hard to fall in love with a sprite enough to actually finish it.  I have started several that go no where- because I/others would probably never use it... I'm not going to make a sprite of someone I have never heard of for a single user.  On the flip-side, if Xifanie wanted a sprite for her Delita Mod and many people would get some use out of it- you can bet your ass I would give it a try!

Okay, just rambling on a little now... Nothing gets done without some motivation!  Dozens of great sprites have popped up that never got completed in part because the creator didn't feel it was rewarding.  (I intend to finish Magus/Ruvelia one of these days) What are you favorite sprites that began and never completed?  There are too many to name for me...

However, I will highlight a few: Seushiro's Garland,  Luiakyn's everything (but especially ultima weapon), Kaedre's "anbu style" faceless mercenaries (how cool would it be to replace all of Barinten's troops with these guys), or Lijj's Sahagin (no image).
  • Modding version: PSX

Mime

I would love to see that Garland sprite completed too, as well as Judge Cid...
  • Modding version: PSX
Agrias: Tentacle... what a sad word...

Luiakyn

I'm slowly, ever so slowly working on the Lucavi. I don't know when I'll finish :(