• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The Shaman Class

Started by SentinalBlade, November 21, 2008, 04:11:59 pm

SentinalBlade

November 21, 2008, 04:11:59 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
So basically the idea behind this class is to do minimal healing/damage, and remove nasty status effects/good things from allies/enemies...It is a very simple concept, and highly useful as status gets more powerful late game. Unfortunatly, that leaves Shaman rather outclasses in the early game...anyone have any ideas on how to make them more useful?

The abilities are self explanitory.

-Confuse
-frog
-Stop
-Disable
-Silence
-slow
-Poison
-Regen
-Reraise
-Protection
-Haste/Reflect

Dormin Jake

November 21, 2008, 04:53:49 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Dormin Jake
I did something similar to this for Beowulf in my personal patch.  He kept several of his status inflictions (not all, as I wanted Oracle to still be plenty useful without becoming obsolete) and Shock!, and gained two new abilities, Aspel and Nightmare, edited to be like what you're describing.

Using Death's formula, Aspel removes nearly all status effects, good and bad, and heals the target for 1/3 of their max HP.
Nightmare removes the same status effects, good and bad, but deals damage to the target instead.

So my Temple Knight can heal and damage, as long as someone's inflicted with a status, which is something else he can easily do.  End result is, he plays similar to an Oracle, but has a nice twist to him that makes him unique, kind of like a combo/finisher type system.

Not sure if this helps any, but I thought I'd share, as this isn't too terribly far removed from what I've done.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
We are Dormin. Thou art to bring us a tasty beverage.
  • Discord username: dorminjake

Skip Sandwich

November 22, 2008, 11:22:57 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
reminds me of a Witch skillset I came up with when messing around with Ogre Battle themed concept jobs a while back.

Witch

Skills
Sleep
Sleep 2 - area 2, lower % then Sleep
Taipir - summoned dream sprite causes sleeping allies to awaken refreshed (50% max hp heal)
Confuse
Confuse 2 - like sleep 2
Frog
Frog 2 - like 1.3
Curse - inflict Poison, Blind and Silence
Charm - spell inflicts charm on a single target at high %
Break Heart - spell cancels charm and deals 50% max hp damage with 100% accuracy
Kiss - range 1, no mp cost, no ct, heals an ally for a small ammount of hp and cancels Frog and Charm status

incidentally, the fact that you already have a Shaman class is the reason I didn't vote for Witch as a replacement for the dancer
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Vanya

November 22, 2008, 01:43:00 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I love the 'Kiss' skill I may steal it for myself! ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Skip Sandwich

November 23, 2008, 03:03:54 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
go right ahead, I basicly stole it from Ayla of Chrono Trigger anyway :wink:
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com