• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:59:33 pm

Sprite Contest

Started by Cheetah, October 03, 2011, 11:56:57 am

Cheetah

Decade of the Zombie:

Halloween is approaching, and one of my favorite parts of the holiday (now that I'm not allowed to go tricker-treating) is the annual FFH Halloween Spriting Competition. The theme of this particular competition is Zombies, and this is for a number of reasons. First, because Halloween is the zombie time of year. Second, because FFT currently lacks an actual generic zombie sprite (no Zalbagg doesn't count). Third and most importantly, because zombies have completely taken over the US. There are tv shows, shirts, blow up dolls, underwear, freaking everything. I feel like this all started about 8 or 9 years ago and things have turned into zombie feeding frenzy of marketing. I'm guessing that in about 1 year though the market will be so saturated that there will be a major backlash and zombies will stumble and moan back into obscurity. So while I'm sure we are all pretty sick of zombies, I say we finish out the Decade of the Zombie with a bang.

For a low tier entry in this competition I would recommend taking your favorite character or class, and zombiefying them. Zombie Zalbagg would be the most piss poor example of this, and I expect better from our community. Rotting flesh, exposed bone, and all kinds of other decay are encouraged. More intrepid spriters may attempt a full on zombie, completely unrecognizable from it's base class. Plus, don't forget that humans aren't the only living things that can be zombiefied. Similarly undead demons such as vampires, skeletons, and the such would also work. The theme may seem limiting, but as always creativity and stretching the bounds of the theme are encouraged.

This is once again a beginner's level spriting competition and even if you have no spriting experience this is a great chance to give it a try. Feel free to post multiple versions of the same entry to get feedback and improve upon it, just insure that the final version meets all Submission Requirements. See the contest thread in the Spriting Section for official rules and additional details.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=7835.0
Current Projects: