• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:39:50 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

Well from my team can do it seems like talk skill and charm seems to be the right choices to enable axe shots...still rather iffy on my geomancer with masamune as it does help out at least 90% of the time and I kind of lack in status recovery a little but otherwise I like how my team functions. GG reinoe

And thanks everyone for your support. It has been a tough week for me
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Malroth

could you possibly free up enough JP for refute on a talk skill unit?

Barren

I actually just did that. I thought of Iron Will but protect/shell is kind of useless if I'm making a axe unit so I went with refute instead as well as mimic daravon

VireBlaze

Okay, so wow - I gotta say, Reks' team is one of the few I've seen that operate the best when they're split up, as the Bards tend to draw attacks cause the Dancers jump, and DAMN their jump damage is crazy. But because of that, this is a team that operates best on large and a number of medium maps, as shown with the second round.  Really though, Reks' win is a good example of slow and steady winning the race.  Domie has a good set-up, too, with his units hitting for some pretty good damage and managing to sand-bag pretty well, but because of how hard Reks' jumping Dancers could hit, along with saving speed with Cheer song (when it hit), and saving PA when they survived a hit, it was only a matter of time before Reks over-powered Domie.  Good job, you guys.

Otabo

Ok, so Spellbreaker can crit it seems. 3 400+ damage Spellbreakers in a row, though. Crazy.

Zotis

Thanks for the match CT5Holy!

The first round had me worried, but I think Vigilanti got some lucky extra Earth Slash evades and that turned the tide.  Also that nice perch for the archer.  Maybe spin fist could have saved me in that round, but I think it costs me more rounds than it wins because the AI suicides with it.

Elmdork

December 18, 2013, 01:07:11 pm #2666 Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 02:21:56 pm by Rouroni Elmdor
Thanks true light! I really needed to see them in action. Zero now has mp restore, though it is technically more reliable, I have had good luck with mp absorb, so we'll have to see next time.

Great work, man. I'm enjoying all these matches!
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

CT5Holy

Guys, thank TrueLight for the most recent batch of videos! Excellent work, TrueLight - thanks for helping make vids, and I hope you're having a lot of fun recording them!

Anyways, a couple of vids from me:
FFT Arena 138d - reinoe (So You Think You Can Dance) vs Otabo (Wintry Wenches)
FFT Arena 138d - Zotis (Elunia) vs CT5Holy (Volcano)
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Malroth

MP absorb is absolutely wonderful if you have an allied bard or scholar constantly bombarding you with their abilities.

Zotis

I meant to give my samurai Chirijiraden... well, I liked your team CT5Holy, OP!  8D

I was still very satisfied with my team, yeah those fairies worked out well.  Everything pretty much worked perfectly, just a really hard matchup.  You can try my other team against Volcano if you want.

reinoe

December 18, 2013, 08:15:16 pm #2670 Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:40:13 pm by reinoe
Quote from: CT5Holy on December 18, 2013, 02:14:33 pm
Guys, thank TrueLight for the most recent batch of videos! Excellent work, TrueLight - thanks for helping make vids, and I hope you're having a lot of fun recording them!

Anyways, a couple of vids from me:
FFT Arena 138d - reinoe (So You Think You Can Dance) vs Otabo (Wintry Wenches)
FFT Arena 138d - Zotis (Elunia) vs CT5Holy (Volcano)

I thought it was going to be close match since that Samurai has instant non-MP AoE healing plus both berserk and DA shuts down my units. :cry: :oops:

edit: also no small map, two kinda large maps

That fairy+mime was a thing of beauty.  Too bad it didn't matter in the end.  But it was still perfect execution.

:lol: I think you chose that match for a free win.  Ok ending the jokes.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

December 18, 2013, 08:30:04 pm #2671 Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:59:02 pm by Barren
CT5, when you get a chance you can give my ever faithful team a try. Or my change of pace team

Otabo

December 18, 2013, 08:53:41 pm #2672 Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:02:27 pm by Otabo
Quote from: reinoe on December 18, 2013, 08:15:16 pm
I thought it was going to be close match since that Samurai has instant non-MP AoE healing plus both berserk and DA shuts down my units. :cry: :oops:

edit: also no small map, two kinda large maps

Yet she was dumb as all hell for like, the entirety of that match. I've seen AI make bad decisions many times, but here, her AI was so atrocious it was pathetic. Not to mention my units couldn't status the RIGHT units (the two Wiznaibus dancers). I cringed in Round 2 when she Murasamed herself, and THEN moved next to the rest of her team. Really, AI?

Also yes, a small map would have been a different story. Large maps almost always favor Wiznaibus spam teams if the opposing team can't shut them down fast enough - which was the case here.

CT5Holy

omg that crit R3

that's the only reason I won.

Malroth

reinoe

My dreams can come true!

CT5Holy

Quote from: reinoe on December 20, 2013, 12:10:56 am
Reminds me a lot of "Do Not Disturb".

An older version, yeah. I definitely had that thought when I was running some test matches - I was like "wait, this is basically Do Not Disturb. wow I'm boring"
XD

Barren

Kind of disappointed in the AI on my part. Yes I was matches versus a more physical team with high HP and I was kept on the defensive but I felt that some of my team members made some dumb decisions. Time to remodel and hopefully it turns out better. GG CT5Holy

Elmdork

I thought that mimic revive on the floating time mage was possible, you can tell the AI tried. I suppose float is just registered as a status and not you physically 1h higher? Perhaps I should watch that again.. great match, I enjoyed it.
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor