• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:20:15 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Translation

Started by plastik, May 25, 2008, 06:02:47 am

plastik

May 25, 2008, 06:02:47 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by plastik
Hello all,
I'm french and me and my team are translating this wonderful game. :)

Everything is practically translated. But we have one probleme.
In the boot.bin many of the translated text are too long I also modified the pointer of them to move these text in an other place of the file.
But the problem is that I had to move one of the text in the logo of SQUARE ENIX. Now instead of have this:

I have this:

So my question: Can anyone tell me if there is a way to compress the text or make something else? Maybe compress the image??

Thanks.

Xifanie

May 25, 2008, 08:52:38 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Well, wouldn't it be possible to just hack the top of the image with a few instructions somehow?

Like pasting many white rows with only a few more instructions and loading the rest of the image, then it can be processed as inteaded.

Oh it looks like you could just cut the image and make it print at the middle. your text seems to only appear in the middle of the whole thing.

I'm not really the best person to help though. :/
Even if my primary language is French.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Vanya

May 25, 2008, 10:03:47 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
There should be an instruction that tells the system where to load the Square logo from. Change that so that it load starting after the text data.  Then have it do like Zodiac said, have it print at a lower position on the screen. That should be all it takes.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

plastik

May 25, 2008, 04:25:03 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by plastik
Ok thanks I'll try it. I'll tell you in 2 days if it works.