• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:45:37 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

Randomname

N'zla remains vigilant to the possibility of his new friends being hurt further, but backs away more.  But not too far as to allow Elf-Friend Hogarth to lose the effect of his Blessing.

Action: 1-4 | Linger around the same area

Alternate Action |  If an ally falls, cancel all other actions and heal them with strongest heal

DM Note: The effect of Bless is only dependent on your distance from allies when you are casting it. The effect persists regardless of how far you move away after the casting.

Celdia

Turn 16 Resolution

Xun, Nathalie and N'zla continue to hold firm while Yvonne and Hogarth fall back to where Rhyhorn is. The elf begins helping to load objects onto the rockbeast, confirming that all four of the objects the party came for are indeed among the treasure here. The lirai on the other hand begins inspecting one of the spell scrolls found in the pile, studying the arcane runes for hints of what spells are contained within. Meanwhile, Rhyhorn continues to consume as much of the monetary wealth as he can before more goblins can interrupt him. As a look of recognition spreads over Yvonne's face as she works out some of the spells in the scroll she suddenly looks up and annouces, "Here come those reinforcements." She tilts her head as if listening to something for a moment before continuing with "There are at least nine of them." As if to punctuate her statement, the shuffling of many feet on stone as well of the soft clinking of metal from armor and weapons begins to echo through the cave as the remnants of the goblin horde approach.

Objective: Locate the magical objects.
Weather: None.
Terrain: Cave interior. Stone floors, low ceilings.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more vertical space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. N'zla has Darkvision and can see 12 squares in any direction through the darkness. There are penalties to non-Darkvision characters for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Thursday, Jan. 5th, 5am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 43/45
Defense: 19
Movement: 4
Endurance: 8
Reflex Speed: 1
Magic Defense: 2
Melee Skill: 16
Magic Skill: 0

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 45/47
Defense: 16
Movement: 8
Endurance: 6
Reflex Speed: 4
Magic Resistance: 2
Melee Skill: 28
Ranged Skill: 20
Magic Skill: -100
Effect: Bless (+4 to Combat Skill)

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 20/23
Defense: 20
Movement: 6
Endurance: 1
Reflex Speed: 5
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/9
Defense: 18
Movement: 6 Flying (1 Walking)
Reflex Speed: 6
Magic Resistance: 4
Melee Skill: 8
Ranged Skill: 32
Magic Skill: 7

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Magic Resistance: 1
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Skill: 18
Magic Skill: 1 (Items Only)

N'zla
~Stats~
HP: 23/23
Defense: 23
Endurance: 4
Magic Resistance: 8
Melee Skill: -100
Magic Skill: 8
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

EmmaNigma

Hearing the pixie's words, Hogarth immediately stops what she's doing and allows her rage to overflow once again. Laughing, just laughing, she charges directly to the enemy forces, and hacks and slashes until she can no longer do so.

Action 1: Activate Rage
Action 2-3: Charge into goblin forces.
Action 4: Hack and slash
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Ryqoshay

Yvonne looks at the scroll in her hands, then over at the other one lying nearby. She quickly concludes that she no longer has time to do anything with it, for now. "This will have to do for now." (1) She murmurs, following Hogarth back toward the others. "Cover me, Xun." (2) She says to the Corithonian human as she flies over him. "If this doesn't work, I may very well be in need of your javelin deflecting skills." Her voice holds neither fear nor courage as she moves into position, rather her tone is that of a hard-boiled detective stating the facts, because all we want are the facts, ma'am. "Hiran help me..." (3, 4)

Actions
Free: If entrance alarm is triggered, say "Someone, or something, has entered the cave." If intersection alarm is triggered, say "And still more are coming."
1, 2: Move to L6.
3: Cast Fireball roughly in the center of the hoard, but no less than 5 squares away from any ally.
4: Move to P6.
Free: If intersection alarm is triggered more than once, announce estimated total. "At least ___ of them."
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn hears the small pixie's warning, and pauses his gold-eating.  There were surely too many for him to abandon his friends in battle this time, despite the cramped quarters.  He shifts the misty orb from beneath him back into his mouth and quickly follows Hogarth to the frontlines.  Even if Rhyhorn couldn't fight well under these conditions, he could at least draw their blows.

Action 1) Move the glowly misty blue orb of special-ness into Rhyhorn's mouth.
Action 2:3) Follow Hogarth out into the fray, Charging directly into the horde even if it means running through the aftermath of Yvonne's attack, in order to draw their attention toward him and away from the frail human companions.
Action 4-A) If an enemy Goblin is closest, hit it with a basic Charging Horn Attack.
Action 4-B) If an enemy Hobgoblin is closest, hit it with a Roar-Boosted Charging Horn Attack.

EmmaNigma

((There are a lot of enemies this round. And don't call me Shirley.))
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Kalas

Finding that the current state of battle is better left to the people with intense cave-fighting abilities, Nathalie skulked back to the wondrous pile of ginger-gold and began fawning over it, collecting a few pieces in her purse and inspecting the pile of treasure.

"There's got to be some goodies for me here.." Nathalie pondered, sifting through the treasure-pile in hopes of finding a few things for herself.

1) Move to R, 3
2-4) GOLDDIGGIN'

Randomname

The sound of more foul Deep-Friends makes N'zla quickly turn his head with a snaking motion.  Shifting weight between his front legs, he uses his antennae to listen closely and feel the vibrations in the cave.  More blood will come.  T'raat so-Ma, T'raat zik-Shu.  He watches his allies move forward toward the sound, readying himself to call upon Feliir-Ak.  He waits for Elf-Friend Hogarth, one injured most often so far, to increase her abilities before the fight ensues.

Action: 1 | Cast [Resistance] on Hogarth as the Elf passes by.  Follow Hogarth if necessary to cast the spell.  Stop once cast.
Action: 2-4 | If Yvonne is hit, move to her and heal her.  If Hogarth is hit at least three times and Yvonne is not, move to Hogarth and heal her.  If neither of them are hit but Xun is, move to him and heal him.  [Yvonne - Cure Minor | Hogarth - Cure Light | Xun - Cure Light]

NinjaWeazel

Xun stays close to the pixie while she works her magic, and then nods at her.  "Stay safe, I go protect Hogarth."  The slender Corithonian speeds down the corridor, blade already whirling.

1) Aid Ally on Yvonne
2) Retrieve magic torch on the way as I...
3-4) Catch up to Hogarth and Aid Another on her.

Celdia

Celdia

Turn 17 Resolution

Yvonne decides that the scroll she has deciphered will pass muster for their purposes and quickly flies back along the corridor, calling to Xun for help as she does so. The monk follows and takes up a defensive position in the hallway, pausing only to reclaim his torch before the horde is fully upon them. N'zla sees his new friends pass by and prepares a defensive ward, placing it on Hogarth as the barbarian rushes past, laughing madly with bloodlust. Rhyhorn collects the glowing orb and follows the barbarian as quickly as he can while Nathalie falls back and begins to pick through the treasure, looking for anything else that might be useful. The sprite continues her count of enemies triggering the ward she left in the hallway previously, "Still more are coming. At least twelve of them." With a pause she looks down the corridor before her and she amends quickly, "Make that sixteen." While still holding the scroll, her tiny hand begins to make the arcane passes over it as she quietly reads off the runes to conjure the power stored in the scroll.
         Meanwhile, Xun is kept busy trying to defend both himself and Hogarth from the oncoming masses of goblinoids, noting that among the group is a new opponent - a bugbear - who stands a head above another hobgoblin among the group, wielding a massive maul in both of its hands. The beast gestures towards the party with the weapon and barks orders, causing many of the goblins assembled here to loose javelins down the hallway. Many miss their mark - one only barely deflected by Xun at the last moment, saving Yvonne from yet more pain - but a few still manage to strike the monk and the barbarian. Seeing his allies thus injured, N'zla closes the gap and begins chanting a healing mantra. Hogarth has her hands full dealing with yet another worg and its rider. The wolf-beast manages to clamp down painfully on the elf but not before she can summon all the power of her rage and magical belt to deal a devastating blow to the beast, cleaving it nearly in half along the back of its torso, sending the rider sprawling into the mob. With its hind legs collapsed beneath it, the worg again snaps out with its jaws, dragging itself forward with its front paws and catching Hogarth's foot in its mighty jaw. With a roar of defiance, Hogarth raises her axe high and severs the beast's spine at the base of its neck, causing its once-lethal jaw to go limp and fall away. From just behind her head, the barbarian can hear Yvonne mutter, "Hiran help me..." before a bead of ruby red light darts forward over the heads of the goblins and into the middle of the hallway.
         Fire. The whole cave seems to suddenly be consumed in flames, the roar of a magic-born explosion nearly deafening everyone as the light and heat fills the corridor. The goblins caught in the blast don't even survive long enough to cry out in pain as their bodies are instantly incinerated. The lone hobgoblin fared no better, leaving only the bugbear standing among them along with a pair of goblins near to Xun, shielded from the blast by a bit of the stone wall of the cave. With a roar of rage the bugbear dashes towards the party, its eyes filled with murder and focused on the fey. Yvonne flees back towards the cell as the bugbear closes in and is met by Rhyhorn at the corner of the hallway. With a powerful Roar that seems almost quiet compared to the fireball, the rockbeast lunges past Hogarth and drives his stone horn up under the bugbear's chin and it bursts out through the roof of the beastman's skull, killing him as fast as thought.
         Seeing their leader thus slain, the remaining two goblins turn to run, leaving their backs wide open to attack. Still carried by her bloodlust, Hogarth lashes out with her axe, cutting one down as Xun does the same beside her with his sword, running the last opponent through with one swift thrust. As a quiet punctuation to the climactic battle, Yvonne states informatively, "Someone, or something, has entered the cave."

Objective: Locate the magical objects.
Weather: None.
Terrain: Cave interior. Stone floors, low ceilings.

Terrain Notes: Walls, floors and ceilings are all solid stone. I don't care how thin it may look in some places on the map, you can't bust through them without a lot of work. Even then there would be the chance of a cave in. The ceiling is rarely more than ten feet high in these corridors. You may get more vertical space in larger chambers.

Lightning Notes: Rhyhorn, Nathalie and Xun can only see clearly in the brightest circle of light. Yvonne and Hogarth have low-light vision and can see normally to the edges of the grayed out area. N'zla has Darkvision and can see 12 squares in any direction through the darkness. There are penalties to non-Darkvision characters for attacking in the dark.

Knowledge Check: Goblins have Darkvision! This means that they can see through that darkest area on the map so beware attacks from the shadows!

Posting for this Turn ends in about 48 hours, (Saturday, Jan. 7th, 5am EST) or whenever everyone has posted, of course.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 43/45
Endurance: 8
Melee Skill: 16

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 44/53
Endurance: 6
Magic Skill: -100
Effect: Bless (+4 to Combat Skill), Resistance (+1 to E/RS/MD), Rage

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 16/23
Magic Resistance: 6

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 8/9
Magic Skill: 7

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 18/18
Melee Skill: 4
Ranged Skill: 18

N'zla
~Stats~
HP: 23/23

~Powers Expended This Turn~
N'zla: Resistance, Cure Light Wounds
Rhyhorn: Focus expended
Hogarth: Rage

EmmaNigma

The small lirai cries out that there is someone who just entered the cave. Hogarth's eyes go wild, and she howls out with insane bloodlust. Magic killed these beasts, not glorious battle. "MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" bellows the Mighty Hogarth as she grabs the worg's head, pours its blood over herself, and charges to the entrance of the cave to greet the new intruder.

Actions 1-2: Charge to entrance of cave
Actions 3-4: Have intruder shake hands with the axe.

Kalas

Nathalie fearfully tiptoes back into the hallway after hearing what has got to be the most frightening array of noises she's heard in quite some time, before realizing her companions are safe and relatively unscathed, and the little pixie stating that something has entered the cave. For all of the things Nathalie could have reacted most dramatically about, it was this which caused her to react with such enthusiasm that she wildly flailed to the party, making hurried attempts at saying "die!" and "we're!" and "going to!" After a few minutes of panic, Nathalie calmed down slightly before pointing out the ever obvious..

"...Our cart is at the entrance of the cave," She paused, brought her hand to her mouth to muffle a gasp, "We have to save ALL THE THINGS!"

Her horror continued with a tenfold increase of mania.

Action 1) Follow Hogarth to the entrance, carefully.
Action 2-4) Ready crossbow and fire at any hostile targets.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn hears the worlds "Someone has entered the cave", and immediately rushes for the new friends in the cave.

Action 1:4) RUN back to the entrance.  If the person looks hostile and/or looks like they're stealing from ALL THE THINGS, Charging Horn Attack them.  Else, wait and see what they do.

Ryqoshay

As Yvonne stares at the blank section of scroll that once held the amazing beauty that is known as a fireball. Her hands begin to tremble. A part of her laments that only one spell of the like was found in the treasure, but only a fragment, because, "Karla's balance, what a rush!" she squeals as her entire body quivers with excitement. "I have *got* to get me another onna these!" Thoughts of finding or buying another wonderful scroll of fireball trigger another thought. She gasps. "A wand!" She giggles. "Imma gonna go an' find me a fireball wand!" The tiny sorceress looks up to see some of the others in what appears to be a panic. Her own words about the alarms she had set up come back to her and something clicks. "Ya know," she begins, but cuts off as she rounds the corner. "Minao's fury..." she utters, admiring her handiwork for a moment before clearing her throat and continuing her pursuit of her friends. "Ya know," she repeats. "No' sure if i' really makes a diff'rence or no', bu' the spells don' really tell me if they're comin' or goin'." She laughs. "Guess I jus' assumed they'd be comin' in after us, but who knows, mebe they're fleein' 'cause a' my fireball." She pauses her speech for a moment, but not her flight. "Tha' really was awesome, ya know? I may jus' become a foll'er a' Hiran after all. He 'as truly smiled 'pon me this glorious day. Oh fire, 'ow do I love thee, lemme coun' the ways..." She continues to ramble about fire and its patron deity, while unconsciously preparing for a potential confrontation at the mouth of the cave.

Actions
Free: If either alarm is triggered, say "Boy, they jus' keep movin' 'round, don' they?" and inform them which spell was activated.
1, 2, 3, 4: Follow friends back to the cart of ALL THE THINGS. If javelin wielding goblinoid finds itself in range, cast Magic Missile via wand. If any hostile finds itself in melee range, cast Elemental Strike.
Free: If any spell is cast, and a conscious hostile remains in view, inform friends of situation: "There's more back 'ere guys." before taking cover, if actions remain unused.

NinjaWeazel

Xun sighs and follows the insane elf warrior, his fingers drawing a quick pattern in his forehead to close his wounds.

1) Rune of Mending on self
2) Follow the elf
3) Aid Another on Hogarth
4) Held to counterattack if we run into more enemies.

Randomname

Seeing that the one named Xun could heal his own wounds, N'zla chases after Hogarth as fast as his insectoid legs would allow.  "Elth-Ma Hogarth!  Please calm!  Maybe not enemy, maybe friend!!"

Action: 1-4 | Follow Hogarth

Celdia

Turn 18 Resolution

With the prospect of killing more goblins and her bloodlust burning high, Hogarth takes off like a shot towards the cave entrance with wild abandon, Rhyhorn as quick on her heels as his legs will carry him. The barbarian rounds the corners with seeming ease, the weight of her axe in her hands not even giving her pause as she quick-steps through the remains of fallen foes. Just behind, the rockbeast detours along the walls in the corners, moving at a break-neck run and sliding in a wide arc around the corners kicking up rocks and dust as he does so. Xun takes a quick moment to recover from his battle wounds before following the dynamic duo, blade at the ready to defend or destroy as the situation may call for. Flying a bit behind, Yvonne tries to make her case heard about how the magic doesn't give her very detailed information but her words seem to fall on deaf - or perhaps simply too-distant - ears. N'zla follows along with only a single comment for caution while Nathalie takes up the rear, crossbow at the ready as she creeps along behind the others.
         Backtracking along the confines of the stone corridors brings the party back to the cart of ALL THE THINGS which appears to have been disturbed slightly, but the perpatrators seem to have vanished. Some of the objects on the cart have been left in a bit of a disarray as if someone or something had been rummaging about quickly for anything of value, Elia's body having been discarded onto the ground beside it. However a quick inventory reveals that nothing appears to be missing from the cart. The only sign left of anything's passage by here are a single set of small, wet footprints heading past the cart towards the exit of the cave.

Adventure Pane Complete!

~Spoils~

To Be Determined - Since I put the treasure for this in the dungeon, if you decide to up and leave now, it will all remain where it is. If you want to spend time hauling it back to the cart, you can do so safely now, but do let me know what you all intend to do.  Looks like Hogarth is staying until everything is collected. Refer to the list below for everything looted after the fight. Individual spoils (like the scroll Yvonne claimed or the coins Rhyhorn ate will be noted in PMs to those players.)

7842 Silver Pieces
19,367 Copper Pieces
a silver crown with opal runes set into the metal
a small crystal
a sturdy looking coil of rope
a potion
a potion
a potion
a potion
a wand
Masterwork Chain Shirt
Masterwork Buckler
Masterwork Battleaxe x3

~Stat Bonuses~

Xun Bonus: +3 to ally's Defense when using Aid Another instead of +2!
Yvonne: +2 HP!
Hogarth: Rage Duration Increased!
Rhyhorn: +3 HP!
Nathalie: +1 Stealth!
N'zla: +1 HP!

Objective Complete! - Collected all 4 of the artifacts!

~Level Up!~

Xun
+5 HP
+1 Perception
+1 Knowledge
+1 Reflex Speed
+1 Magic Defense
+4 Melee Skill
+4 Ranged Skill
Icon of Victory: You and your adjacent allies gain +4 to Combat Skill until the next Turn. You can choose to expend the first Action of your next Turn to repeat the effect. Requires 1 Action to use.
Insightful Strike: Permanent +6 Power bonus to Word of Binding

Yvonne
+3 HP
+1 Magic Skill
Dormant Power: A power yet inaccessible at this time.
+1 Endurance
+1 Reflex Speed
+1 1st Level Spell (TBD)

Rhyhorn
+8 HP
+4 Melee Skill
+1 Endurance
+1 Level 2 Power (TBD) 1/day
+1 Stamina

Hogarth
+12 HP
+4 Melee Skill
+4 Ranged Skill
-30 Magic Skill
+1 Rage/day
+1 Endurance

Nathalie
+4 HP
+4 Melee Skill
+4 Ranged Skill
+1 Reflex Speed
Uncanny Dodge: You are always ready to fight and never take penalties to Defense for being surprised.
+1 Perception
+1 Knowledge
+1 Social

If you have a To Be Determined (TBD) note on your level up details please get in touch with me because that means I need input from you about what you want on this level up! For those wondering, N'zla is already at the level the rest of you just reached.

No posting limit on this section for now. Free form RP for setting up and breaking camp. When you've come to a consensus on the party's next direction, let me know!

I will get around to updating the Allies Condition and character sheets hopefully sooner rather than later. I'll make a post when I do.

Rhyhorn
~Stats~
HP: 54/56
Endurance: 9
Melee Skill: 20
Ranged Skill: 12

Hogarth
~Stats~
HP: 50/59
Endurance: 7
Melee Skill: 33
Ranged Skill: 24
Magic Skill: -130

Xun
~Stats~
HP: 28/28
Magic Resistance: 7
Melee Skill: 33
Ranged Skill: 24

Yvonne
~Stats~
HP: 13/14
Endurance: 2
Reflex Speed: 7

Nathalie
~Stats~
HP: 22/22
Ranged Skill: 22

N'zla
~Stats~
HP: 24/24

~Powers Expended This Turn~
Xun: Word of Mending

EmmaNigma

Scene 4 Start
This post hijacked by your DM!

Coming to a stop at the entrance, seeing the wet footprints end and no sign of the perpetrator beyond the cave, Hogarth lets fly a string of curses in elvish, her prey having evaded her. Grumpy and grumbling, she lifts Elia's body and drops it on the cart. "Hogarth guard cart while rest of loot is loaded. The goblins will cover this fee, friend Rhyhorn."

She appears to really notice the Ek for the first time. She looks puzzled for a moment, until her eyes drift to the rhino of rock. "Thank you, friend bug, for healing me. I am the Mighty Hogarth of the frozen wastelands of the north!" She thumps her axe-clutching fist against her chest, and rattles her wolf hides. She feels the urge to go on about her many exploits, but again her eyes drift to the rhino. Dropping a heavy hand on the living rock's head, she takes the edge out of her voice. "This is friend Rhyhorn. I speak for the Rhyhorn, for the Rhyhorn has no tongue." She looks down at the rhino again. "Or maybe he does. He does not talk, but waves around a rune he keeps on his neck. He's made of roguestone."

Hogarth the Weary sits heavily upon the edge of the cart. Putting her axe head down on the ground, she leans against the handle for support and comfort. "We make camp outside, on hill. Goblins all dead now. I will keep first watch."

Ryqoshay

"I'm gonna go check out tha' other scroll." Yvonne says, and begins to head back towards the treasure, hoping against hope that there is another blessed fireball spell on the other parchment.