• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:28:53 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

EmmaNigma

I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Eternal

November 02, 2011, 07:45:08 pm #22 Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 11:36:40 pm by Eternal248
-Name:       Maximilian Haynes

-Gender/Sex:    Male

-Race:       Human

-Birth Place:    Fandaria

-Appearance:   Bearing shoulder-length kept blonde hair and wearing the most exquisite of clothing, Maximilian takes great
      pride in his appearance, often wearing Fandaria's noble colors of red and gold. Bearing light blue eyes,
      they are known to turn a deep black when his blood pressure rises.

-History:    A highborn born and raised in south Fandaria, Maximilian serves as a mediator between the ever-growing tensions
      between Highland and Fandaria to prevent a possible war. Despite this, he holds no love for either nation,
      desiring Fandaria to take Highland as its own. To this end, he schemes on a way to manipulate the war
      so that Fandaria may absorb the weakened nations as its own. Trained in both the ways of the crossbow and the
      spoken word, Maximilian does not hesitate to manipulate and threaten those who stand in his way.

-Combat Style:   Maximilian's skill with words extends to combat, where he can initiate parley, threaten foes, and arise a variety
      of emotions in those who listen to his words. When the enemy lets their guard down, he puts an end to his foe's
      suffering with a bolt to the head.

-Religion:   Astinus
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Joseph Strife

I'll try to hop onto this, i'll take some time to think on my char.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Kalas

November 03, 2011, 01:00:14 am #24 Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:33:30 am by Kalas
Name: Nathalie Marchand
Race: Human
Birth Place: Kingdom of Highland

Appearance:
Nathalie's face is fairly oval-like, but her features are a mix of contradictions. Her eyes are pointed, and stern, but they carry themselves with a lazy, tired beauty. Her eyes are a cold, pale blue, but they evoke an inviting warmth to them. Her face is haughty, and statuesque, with defined cheekbones and a nose that points slightly upward, though when she smiles her whole face lights up, and stretches and contorts to every emotion she feels. Her hair is medium length and a deep, maroon-like red, though she is normally cool and carries a "quiet" confidence. Her skin is a porcelain white and her features are striking, though quite vanilla.

However, her knack for fashion offsets the lack of any sort of exoticism. She messily parts her hair from the end of her forehead to the left, having her hair fall wildly down, across and back. It's waviness adds to the quality of being "untamed." She wears a very muted gold, almost pale, silk dress with slits down the sides that start at her thighs, leaving her legs exposed. She covers up her "bare" parts with a silk, sinewy, sienna scarf, and the same colored leggings (cotton) that also keep her warm in the temperate weather. She dons black boots with laces that tie up to her shins, and they have a small heel to give her a bit of height.

History:
Nathalie is, for the most part, something of a celebrity in Highland, well, at least Weinrist that is. Blooming ever delightfully at the ripe age of seventeen, she's been the object of many a man's affection. Having worked in the gruff and tough environment of a bar, she can at least handle herself with the more rowdy men, and the more shy customers flock like sheep to her beauty, leaving her to be a model employee and barmaid. She has quite excellent oratorical skill as well, and used it to her advantage to entice men into thinning their wallets to fatten her purse. She is not exactly the most moral of people, but she does nothing that is blatantly immoral. Recently, however, she has fascinated the wrong crowd of people. Since Nathalie is not very careful of the men she allures and for all intents and purposes "steals" from, she has gained her small share of detractors. In this case, she has gained the un-approving eye of loyal men (with domineering wives) that find her behavior deplorable and sinful. While at first she shrugged off their holier-than-thou sermons and attempts at "rescuing her soul," the relentless and perilous persistence of these men forced her to pick up and leave Weinrist and flee elsewhere.
With only small bits of knowledge and tricks she's gained over the past five years of tending to perverted, lonely or respectable men that wandered into her place of employment, she escapes from the zealous men who, and as a shock to her, still chase her, even in her dreams..

Combat Style:
Having only a few parlor tricks if in case of emergency, she doesn't fare well in battle at all. Her strength is in her words and fights only with the power of speech. While not exactly a pacifist, she is so out of necessity (self-preservation). She survives by making deals, a bit of a devil in that regard, she'll always exchange some sort of commodity to ensure her own safety, at, and to her dismay, any cost.

Religious Affiliation:
Since she flies by the seat of her pants, she relies heavily on luck to ensure everything goes smoothly. With that, she is a very devout follower of Armist, but only in secret. Making a spectacle of faith, she feels, defeats the purpose.

Ryqoshay

November 03, 2011, 04:20:45 am #25 Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 04:20:45 am by Ryqoshay
Name: Yvonne Scintillae Incendam
Race: Lirai (fire)
Age: Forgotten (appears to be human equivalent of mid-twenties)
Birthplace: Plane of Fire

Background:
There once was a sprite of the flame
Whose moxie no plane could contain
She went off a flying
So desperately trying
To procure her fortune and fame

Adventures await she is sure
But nothing that is too demure
Her candle is burning
With both ends a churning
Of Sephyr she'll make her grand tour

Personality: Prideful, boastful, arrogant, and sometimes ignorant, Yvonne lives day to day with a robust lust for life and the adventures it can hold.

Appearance: About eight inches tall and something like this...

Combat Style: Yvonne is practically useless in melee combat, and she know it, therefore she abhors physical fighting. She prefers to stay at a safe distance and flits around the battlefield, flinging her spells at her foes and laughing.

Religious Affiliations: Yvonne does not worship any deity, per se, but she does feel a certain affinity towards Hiran, the fire deity.
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Celdia

November 04, 2011, 12:09:12 am #26 Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:16:50 am by Celdia
Since people have been starting to make plans with their characters before I've gotten around to building everyone and rolling to see who makes the starting party, I'm going to close Registration now. Anyone that joins up after this will automatically start on the Waiting List.

Keep an eye on this post for the starting players. Edit coming soon.

Here's your starting line-up (in alphabetical order):
formerdeathcorps - IN
NinjaWeazel - IN
RavenOfRazgriz - IN
Ryqoshay - IN
SilentB - IN
st4rw4k3r - IN

~Waiting List~
Kalas - 1st
Eternal248 - 2nd
Dunkelritter Luna - 3rd
Joseph Strife - 4th, pending character

Anyone else that wants in will join at the end of this list. Players with characters that die will join the end of this list assuming the players don't make it their quest to revive the fallen ally. Since I didn't think to note it before, if Joseph doesn't have a character ready and he should reach the top of the list he will be passed over until he does have one prepared.

New characters joining the game later on will join at an equivalent power to the party. I don't believe in 1st level characters joining a 10th level party. That shit is fucking ridiculous.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

EmmaNigma

Quote from: Celdia on November 04, 2011, 12:09:12 am

Here's your starting line-up (in alphabetical order):
formerdeathcorps - IN
NinjaWeazel - IN
RavenOfRazgriz - IN
Ryqoshay - IN
SilentB - IN
st4rw4k3r - IN

~Waiting List~
Kalas - 1st
Eternal248 - 2nd
Dunkelritter Luna - 3rd
Joseph Strife - 4th, pending character

I object! This is clearly racist against nicks that are in the first half of the alphabet, due to late-alphabet privilege. fdc being on there is just a token pre-N letter hand out.

On a serious note, I can't wait to start the game :D
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Joseph Strife

November 04, 2011, 08:08:50 pm #28 Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:10:05 pm by Joseph Strife
There go my char, let the game begin.

- Name: Awduin Lariat

- Race: Human

- Birth Place: Verun

- Appearance: With short, spiked, black hair, Awduin likes to take care of his style, he wears an over-all too. Pants and boots complete his appearance. On the chest he wears a commom shirt and under it a light Dragon Scale armor, that is realy strong against physical attacks, that is a legacy from his father along with the emerald necklace he wears that was his mother legacy.

- History: A commoner by birth, his mother served as a maid in the palace of Vormir for 20 years and his father worked as a blacksmith. His mother was a good friend of the Queen, that is kind and gentle, so is the king too, they are like his second family. As for his father work, Awduin learned to handle almost every type of melee and ranged weapon that his father crafted for the palace. One night bandits raid the palace when the troops were out to war, they were so many, so Awduin help the few guards left behind to defend the palace. His father died while trying to protect his mother, and his mother was kidnapped taken by the bandits, as he saw this he was knocked out by one of the bandits that ran with what they looted. Now Awduin is raised in the palace by the Queen and King themselves and has a good realation with their daughter Celina. He seeks to go on a quest to find the whereabouts of his mother as she may still be alive. While the opportunity does not appear, he trains with the guards in the castle.

- Combat Style: Awduin know both melee and ranged combat styles, but he specializes himself in melee combat wielding either a long sword and a shield or two long swords. He is very tactical, so he plans all his moves before entering in a battle, try to come up with the better strategy possible, and only then he engages his opponents, but he make all this plans in just seconds due to his hard training.

- Religion: Daedalean
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Kalas

Quote from: SilentB on November 04, 2011, 12:44:59 am
I object! This is clearly racist against nicks that are in the first half of the alphabet, due to late-alphabet privilege. fdc being on there is just a token pre-N letter hand out.

On a serious note, I can't wait to start the game :D

I'm a victim of pre-N racism and I will not be silent anymore!

MysticKnightFF5

Celdia

To those of you who I've posted character sheets for: If there is something in there you don't like/don't want/don't agree with, contact me and we'll see what can be changed (within reason.)

NinjaWeazel

Looks good to me!  Thanks for all the conversion work.

EmmaNigma

Quote from: Celdia on November 05, 2011, 07:23:54 am
To those of you who I've posted character sheets for: If there is something in there you don't like/don't want/don't agree with, contact me and we'll see what can be changed (within reason.)

I need more cowbell.

Celdia

Then buy all means, buy a cowbell.

*notes a -100 penalty to Hogarth's Stealth Skill*

Celdia

Yvonne's character sheet is up.

Also, for everyone else, take a look at your sheets. Notable things that have been added under equipment is your wealth listed in gold coins (except for Yvonne who can't carry that much metal), your carrying capacity (listed in pounds and by tier) and under that is the languages you know.

What makes money and carry capacity important is the Shop is now open for business! Check the 2nd post for that and for important information about being overweight.

Weapon and Armor lists are forthcoming.

st4rw4k3r

November 06, 2011, 07:17:30 pm #37 Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 12:17:29 am by st4rw4k3r
Pouch, belt - 1gp - 1/2 lb
   7 Rations - 35sp - 7 lb

Pouch, belt - 1gp 1/2 lb
   Flint and Steel - 1 gp
   4 Candles - 4cp
   Whetstone - 2cp - 1 lb
   Soap - 5sp - 1 lb

Pouch, belt - 1gp 1/2 lb
   2 Red 1 yard long by 2 inch wide silk ribbon - 2sp - 1 lb
   4 Bells - 4gp

Pouch - 1gp 1/2 lb
   all my cash

Waterskin - 1gp - 4 lb

------------------

Total Weight: 16 lb
Cost: 14gp 2sp 6cp

Left over cash: 34pp 1gp 7sp 4cp

(Before the game starts I want to tie the bells to the ribbons, two bells per ribbon. Then tie the bells to Elia's hair.)
Bells and Ribbon:
When Equipped:

Ryqoshay

November 06, 2011, 08:29:31 pm #38 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:39:34 pm by Ryqoshay
The "Ribbons for Rhyhorn" charity even is now open.
For each yard of ribbon donated, I shall match.*
1 yard costs but a mere silver coin and comes in a wide variety of colors.**

Each yard weighs about .05 pounds, so don't worry too much about overloading our dear Rhyhorn.

I shall track the donations here in this post.

*up to 100 yards
**the ribbon I provide will be red
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Celdia

For the time being I'll just put this note here: If you're looking for something that isn't on the list here, PM me about it or find me on IRC and we'll see what can be found. This includes but is not limited to: healing items, magic scrolls, enchanted armors or weapons.