• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:52:52 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

New Adminship

Started by Eternal248, December 09, 2010, 07:53:54 am

Eternal

December 09, 2010, 07:53:54 am Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:32:15 am by Xifanie
Greetings, everyone. This is my first post as an admin, and I intend to make it brief.

Let's face it. Lately, FFH has been rather chaotic. I don't intend to add to the chaos by making this transition a huge deal. For the average user, you probably won't notice much of a change, if you notice a change at all. There are, however, a few minor differences which are listed below.

1) No more "God" word filter. This means that you'll no longer have to censor yourself.

2) No more Godkicking on IRC. This means you can come on IRC (chat) and not fear being kicked for saying "omg" or the like.

3) I'm cleaning up mods. Basically, there are a ton of mods right now and I'm adjusting their privileges and the like.

4) In regards to New Topics, I will not allow topics to be posted unless there are screenshots or a video of a proposed new patch. For those who want to still talk about their patch ideas, you're free to do so in the discussion thread. This is to prevent spamming up New Projects with projects that will/have made no progress.

These are the primary changes that'll be happening. There will be more over time undoubtedly, but for now, these are the biggest ones.

I know things have been chaotic lately, and many of you want to leave FFH because of it. However, if we're to rebuild from the ashes, we need dedicated members to stick around and help. If you cannot be constructive, and don't want to do anything on here other than spam, or berate others, I will be the first to say that you are not welcome.

With that said, I welcome everyone to FFH, where some of your dreams might come true sometimes!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

YES, YOUR MAJESTY!
ALL HAIL ETERNAL2481632!!!

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Cheetah

Congratulations Eternal! One note though, point #4 should clarify that you mean the New Projects thread. You had me scared there when I though you meant the entire forum.
Current Projects:

philsov

WELCOME TO adminship of FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Cheetah

Quote from: "philsov"WELCOME TO adminship of FFH, WHERE ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE.

Wrong

WHERE YOU MAKE ALL OUR DREAMS COME TRUE.
Current Projects:

GeneralStrife

Lord eternal! *bows*

oh and

god

Zozma

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Vanya

¯\(°_0)/¯

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

Is that a toaster? Can it talk? I love talking toasters. Not as much as I love cookies though, hence Eternal is administrator.

Congratulations on your appointment to Webmaster Xifanie!
Current Projects:

Melancthon

Congratulations Eternal!

Please keep us poor peons posted on your changes, especially as far as moderators are concerned.  I need to know who I can spout off to with impunity!
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

TRC

this all seems reasonable enough

Celdia

Quote from: "Cheetah"Is that a toaster? Can it talk? I love talking toasters.

I have someone here that would like to speak with you, Cheetah.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Cheetah

Oooowww pretty. What is it? And where can I get one? And can I name it "Little Brave"?
Current Projects:

mav

Congrats, Eternal. I'll try and help wherever I can.

FFMaster

December 09, 2010, 03:21:58 pm #15 Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:32:04 pm by FFMaster
Quote from: "Xifanie"

That is Balrog from Cave Story. I have a little paper cutout version of him sitting on mys desk right now =)
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

VampragonLord

congratz eternal ^.^ if there is anything i can help with, just let me know. I hope your reign is as long and successful as Ovelia's ;)
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Kagebunji

December 09, 2010, 04:25:42 pm #17 Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 04:30:25 pm by Kagebunji
Hah, second thing you did was removing global mod from me. I will remember this!

Oh, and don't grow proud and mighty now, one Arch was enough. Good luck, Et.

dinosaur

Eternity I don't even see a 'thank you' to all the people who voted for you on your first post. Shame on you!!!!

aaaaaand on congratulations! We will have sexy party tonight!!

Kill_Bones

Cooooonnnnnngraaaaaduulaatiiions! As Kage said, don't go mad with powar. GL mate.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....