• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:54:49 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by CT5Holy, July 05, 2013, 03:03:08 am

reinoe

Clarification:

Quarterfinals=CT5HOLY vs Avalance& Barren vs reinoe

Semifinals= Winner of the above matches against one another
Finals= Winner of winner's bracket vs winner of loser's bracket (with the loser's bracket champion being required to win twice against the winner's bracket champion)

I'm just being nit-picky trying to kill time.
My dreams can come true!

JamesOnyx

Quote from: reinoe on July 21, 2013, 07:41:38 pm
I'm really happy to see one of our new players make it out of the "Prelims".  I've already said what I think about James' team, but I don't know if I've talked about Eternal's...

Geomancy can be a rather damaging long term strategy.  If it's damage is maximized and it hits multiple units.  But it has to hit multiple units repeatedly to truly be effective.  So in that sense it's hard to make Geomancy a main attraction.  Also Eternal just wasn't getting the procs off.

Next round James will face Dragonblade.  Unfortunately I don't think James will make it out of the next round.

Yeah, I don't think I have a chance going into the next match.  To tell you honestly, for a team I just built in a couple hours without testing, I'm surprised it's made it this far.

I'm going to be heading out on vacation for the next couple weeks, so I'll only be checking in on the site on the rare occasion I get the chance... on my phone so I probably won't be replying to anything unless it's important.  The best of luck to everyone!

Avalanche

Quote from: reinoe on July 27, 2013, 07:59:22 pm
Clarification:

Quarterfinals=CT5HOLY vs Avalance& Barren vs reinoe

Semifinals= Winner of the above matches against one another
Finals= Winner of winner's bracket vs winner of loser's bracket (with the loser's bracket champion being required to win twice against the winner's bracket champion)

But there have to be two semifinals and four quarterfinals. I guess those terms doesnt make sense when having a system like ours with a loosers bracket. But it would make sense to call CT5Holy vs Avalanche & Barren vs Reinore the semifinals of the winners bracket.

Malroth

a fun match i liked that lightning absorb team although i think Ramauh was a mistake

The Damned

(There's a reason that Damnation takes an eternity....)

Also, a reason that I have bottom billing.

*points to current avatar text*

Sigh. I think technology may be the only hates me more than I hate me because everything, from my desktop to my laptop to freaking Google-related things, has been so slow. I'm tempted to blame AT&T, but that doesn't explain my laptop and I'm pretty sure it's not viruses or anything. I think I just have to clean things.

Anyway...the last three matches of Losers' 1 are finally up. Even with the above annoyance of the past two days--not counting yesterday since I was mostly gone then--and everything, the delay was mostly due to my incompetence. And then obsessing (quite literally) over every second of everything. I swear it took like...at least 12 hours cause as lazy as I am, I am still a perfectionist after all this time.

Without further ado:

1. FFT ARENA AI Tournament S2 Losers 1 Match 9 - Ahong (All Kind Range Combat) vs. Vigilanti ("Vigilanti's Bizarre Venture")

2. FFT ARENA AI Tournament S2 Losers 1 Match 10 - skiploom188 ("U-Turn Me On") vs. Torgo ("Manos: The Lands of Fate")

3. FFT ARENA AI Tournament S2 Losers 1 Match 11 - Fanatic ("Noh Changing Lanes") vs. DomieV ("Have You No Chivalry?")

Yes, I was serious about giving people's teams "punny names" if they didn't tell what they wanted it called, even if those names aren't in the title (since there's only so much room).

Regardless, the second round of Losers will be much quicker, at least on my part. I'm not sure what FFMaster and Dokurider's schedules look like.

I'm just going to have to spend the next couple of days cleaning my computers, apparently. Fun times....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on July 28, 2013, 09:44:55 pm
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Losers Match 8 - Adante49 vs Reks

Adante put up a great fight here.  Especially considering the strong reputation Severe Weather Alert has.  Setiemson on his spellcasters was a decent idea.  The chemist lacked a bit of synergy with the rest of the team because he moves before the rest of his team.  Also the priest was using up magic quickly.  Considering Golden Hairpin and Robe of Lords she needed to have Move-MP UP.  That's the kind of oversight that requires a person to see the team in action though.  Andante probably felt that Carbunkle would suffice.  Thanks to Bahamut and/or Raise 2 the preist would be forced to stop and cast carbunkle after 1 or 2 spells.  That time to stop and recharge would add up over time.  The Bard was the MVP of Andante's team for this match but it easily could have been the Geomancer if his opponent were weilding Black Costume.  I like giving my Geomancers Giant Ax+Magic Gauntlet instead of Rune Blade+108 Gems.   That's because I like the physical evasion provided, and most of the things Geomancer has are Earth/Wind/Water. 
My dreams can come true!

Malroth

Short and brutal,  Berserked units really need Tanky supporters to work right  and starting petrified did those  archers no favors.  Having multiple move 4 AOE units can be a really good way to alpha strike the enemy  but only having one means its going to die alone and unmorned.

Skipbloom
Counter/attack up/warpath romada gun chemist is spread pretty thin dropping 1/3 of their JP just on class unlocks and not even running a secondary, although Punch art is redundant for a chemist and you don't have the stats for geomancy.  Chivalry would be a good choice though since Reraise and Iron will would have been great assets for a ranged physical attacker with access to free MP restoration

Koga/iga Ninja had the JP for a punch art secondary and could have been running Earth slash/Fuuton for better base damage than shiruken on non thief hat targets and could have used fuuton to self heal with a Santa Outfit.  60 faith on a Ninja is also weird unless you're relying on elemental healing from allies or running a magic secondary

Time mage Primary means you have access to haste2 and slow 2 which are much better at turn control than masamune.  You're also fragile as hell but have a powerful instant AOE heal, so drop Damage split for Critical Quick. 65 fury is also doing you no favors.

Monk looked okay till i saw no Stigma Magic and 65 starting Fury. Also You're running Warpath the only possible reason to do so is to bump your Fury above the starting cap  why start 3 move actions below that point if you don't have to.

Torgo's team seemed a lot tighter if a lot more vulnerable to magic users. Item Bot bard buffing everyone's attack.   Earth slash monk when 3 other units absorbed it and Earth dragon/quake scholar hitting everything .  I would have found a way to inflict Oil as a mono earth team since there's a possibility of running into rival earth clothes users (nameless dance?) 

Match was fairly predictable,   Element absorbtion can be a Huge action advantage when you can hurt enemies and heal allies in the same action.  The super fast magic attack up time mage did some really nice things with Chirijiaden but she was essentially carrying her team solo.

Ahong

Ehh?? The Bow Gun eff is on? I tought it's need a "Broken" in the game to know if the armor is broken or not. Vigilanti, your team is hit hard than i imagine (+Broken Armor too) to my paladin. GG Vigilanti

Vigilanti

damn I thought my berserk gunners could get you but it was not to be. GG Zareb

I have officially made the dumbest time mage ever!

Avalanche

Map 1 was quite clearly, mainly due to CT5´s Speed advantage is drawback on smaller maps because it allowed me to get the first blood (This is one Reason i dont realy like small maps).
Missing  Raise2  2 times didnt help to come back as well.
Map 2 showed that purely offensive units are not as valuable as units with medium offence and defence i think.

CT5Holy

Not surprised - All your units have Protect/Defense UP, and Hidden Knife > Abandon.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Zareb

Quote from: The Damned on July 29, 2013, 01:32:56 am
(There's a reason that Damnation takes an eternity....)

Also, a reason that I have bottom billing.

*points to current avatar text*

Sigh. I think technology may be the only hates me more than I hate me because everything, from my desktop to my laptop to freaking Google-related things, has been so slow. I'm tempted to blame AT&T, but that doesn't explain my laptop and I'm pretty sure it's not viruses or anything. I think I just have to clean things.

Anyway...the last three matches of Losers' 1 are finally up. Even with the above annoyance of the past two days--not counting yesterday since I was mostly gone then--and everything, the delay was mostly due to my incompetence. And then obsessing (quite literally) over every second of everything. I swear it took like...at least 12 hours cause as lazy as I am, I am still a perfectionist after all this time.

Without further ado:

1. FFT ARENA AI Tournament S2 Losers 1 Match 9 - Ahong (All Kind Range Combat) vs. Vigilanti ("Vigilanti's Bizarre Venture")

2. FFT ARENA AI Tournament S2 Losers 1 Match 10 - skiploom188 ("U-Turn Me On") vs. Torgo ("Manos: The Lands of Fate")

3. FFT ARENA AI Tournament S2 Losers 1 Match 11 - Fanatic ("Noh Changing Lanes") vs. DomieV ("Have You No Chivalry?")

Yes, I was serious about giving people's teams "punny names" if they didn't tell what they wanted it called, even if those names aren't in the title (since there's only so much room).

Regardless, the second round of Losers will be much quicker, at least on my part. I'm not sure what FFMaster and Dokurider's schedules look like.

I'm just going to have to spend the next couple of days cleaning my computers, apparently. Fun times....

I've always enjoyed reading your analytical posts, The Damned, and I feel no different about watching these tournament videos you've recorded.  You've always been very detailed and thorough with your breakdowns and it's nice to see that you give your tournament videos the same treatment; you point-out everything that's happening during a match and throw-in your two cents along the way.  It's great.

The main advantage of doing text commentary over vocal commentary is due to the sheer amount of text you can post on the screen; and, if it proves to be too much to read for some for the duration said text is up on the screen, the viewer can simply pause and catch-up.  However, I can understand that there will be those that feel disconnected due to the lack of speech, but I prefer the way you approach videos even if you do things the way you do 'em due to technical limitations.

Keep-up the good work and I look forward to watching more of your videos!
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

skiploom188

Ow. I always get owned because of moronic setups I make. Congrats to the winner.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Reks

Back! (For a few days, anyway)

Currently in Australia. Brisbane, specifically. Fun place... Like it a lot more than I did the states.

So, first match was a loss but the second was a win? Well, GG to both of you! For the rest of you, be prepared ro Ride the Lightning!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

reinoe

Quote from: CT5Holy on August 01, 2013, 12:34:02 am
FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Match 33 - reinoe vs Barren

I swear I didn't bribe the RNG.  After my match against Gaignun I felt a little guilty about the RNG preferential treatment.  Admittedly I think I had a slight advantage against Barren's team but with the RNG piling on just felt kinda unnecessary.  Throw in the derpy mediator and that's all she wrote.

Here's the mediator's inner monologue when she went to wack that Bard (who had Regen)@9:22...

"I could use my Mimic Daravon skills and sleep these two hard hitting units and possibly swing the match in my favor while my thief buddy one shots them with two hands Katar.  But I've got one hands Maine Gauche and that's just as powerful!"

Seriously, if the mediator had used Mimic Daravon I could see that swinging the match.  It's a shame because Barren's team deserves a better showing than that.  His team is phenomenal.  While I've often wanted to tear my hair out at the A.I. behavior, rarely have I wanted to do it after winning a match.  I think I need to take a shower.  Seriously what the heck A.I.
My dreams can come true!

Barren

meh, I knew that going in that I was at a damage disadvantage but hey there's still loser's bracket for me to make up for it. GG reinoe
You dare cross blades with me?

Avalanche

God sometimes you have to hate the AI, Mediator going for 40 melee hit instead of some usefull Talkskill :roll: was just one Reason displayed in that Match.
Map1 once again showed why i dislike smaller Maps very often its just a Gamble who can land the first offensive attack.