• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Chat about a game you like/hate.

Started by SolidSnakeDog, October 27, 2009, 02:01:28 pm

SolidSnakeDog

October 27, 2009, 02:01:28 pm Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:39:32 am by SolidSnakeDog
Well i like a few one and hate a few ones too.

Dofus : The game play is a bit like FFT. This is not that bad, Leveling is decent but what make it a pain is to get money in game.
3 things that kills this game : Unless you upgrade your acc you can't really do anything in game. (Unless you find someone selling codes and you paid em using the money in game to get a upgrade for a week.But there are many that fucks you up)
And the other thing is : This game is french.But there is an ENG version.Homever the updates for the ENG one come slower.
And last but not less, There are alot of bots on the lose.

i liked Maple story for some time. But after i know that the best way to level at mid level is to fight woodoos for about 20 levels.
Giving 330 exp each kill at my point, i needed to kill about 3000 or em just to get a SINGLE level?(WTF?)
And on top of that there is a broken item in this. Z helm that reduce all dammage by half....thats just gay.
I never ever have played this again.)

Dragon fable : Well...i like how this get new things each weak, like an self expanding game. Leveling speed is decent, unlike Mech Quest. But the game is *Half* locked if you don't upgrade your acc...

Mech quest : Same thing. I like the game expanding overtime.
Homever there is no *Best* way to get levels in this. (Needing more that 300 fights to get a level once you have a decent level? Aslo each fight give exp related to your level lv 10 will give you 100 exp,level 25 will give 250 exp making it hard to level.

Adventure Questworld : idk about you, but i find this game broken...
This game crash often to me and the gameplay is very basic.
I tryed it till lv 8 but this do not looks like this can be funner at higher levels. (Unless you got a friend that play this game this is boring.)

Xifanie

October 27, 2009, 02:46:48 pm #1 Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 02:57:47 pm by Xifanie
Best? Ultima Online by far (on private servers)
There's just so much stuff you can do in that game and most servers scripted a lot of custom stuff.
Some uses the leveling system even if the game doesn't originally use that.

All others are teh suck.

But let's not forget the true nature of MMORPGs: EAT PPL'S SOULS.

EDIT: Ultima Online has tons of 40-120 ppl connected at a time; some even prevent you from leveling too much per day. Some are RP based though; some even force RP down your throat or you can't level.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

SolidSnakeDog

October 27, 2009, 02:52:29 pm #2 Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 02:54:53 pm by SolidSnakeDog
QuoteBut let's not forget the true nature of MMORPGs: EAT PPL'S SOULS.

I can't agree more.

I will probably take a look at Ultima...this may be what i am looking for.

Aquablack

October 27, 2009, 02:54:46 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
Well, I found Dragonica to be pretty good, though that's because it plays like a beat 'em up than a typical MMORPG.
Its free, the leveling is pretty painless if you get a group to play F4 Missions.  It does have major Goldspam problems in channel 1 and 2 though.
As far as moneymaking, selling Skillforges from daily quests can make moneymaking less of a hassle.

Hmm..worse? Well, I guess most cookie-cutter Korean MMOs clogging the net.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Paheej

October 27, 2009, 03:22:23 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Paheej
I'm a big fan of the PvP in Warhammer Online.

SolidSnakeDog

October 27, 2009, 09:18:10 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Quote from: "Zodiac"EDIT: Ultima Online has tons of 40-120 ppl connected at a time; some even prevent you from leveling too much per day. Some are RP based though; some even force RP down your throat or you can't level.

If im right you mean : People seeing you trying to level will kill anything near you and follows you and flame you at the same time...but don't you says there was private servers where you can play solo? (I think?)

Quote from: "Zodiac"some even force RP down your throat or you can't level.

What do RP mean? Is that the money in the game or something?
..i have a felling this is something very simple...making me look like a newb...  :x

Mental_Gear

October 27, 2009, 09:20:20 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
RP = roleplay, in the sense that they live that character's life, like, say, a blacksmith doesn't fight, just trades stuff.

Jumza

October 27, 2009, 09:28:48 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Jumza
Maplestory i got a dawn warrior and a cleric to  around level 55 it got SO BORING probably my worst.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

October 27, 2009, 09:31:47 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
http://www.gamesites200.com/ultimaonline/

If you don't want PK you'll have to read the guidelines of the server.

RP = Roleplay

Which means acting like in medieval times and also acting like your race/character should act. RP shards are normally non-PK, some allow PK against enemy races like: Dark elves <> Humans.

But jobs, races, items, monsters, drops, level, items, etc. are unique to each server.
UO private servers aren't like regular MMORPG, the popular ones have about 40-120 constantly online, and it takes way less time to level/raise skills then normal MMORPG.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

SolidSnakeDog

October 27, 2009, 09:33:39 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
Lol jumza. About the same hapened to me. actually!
Game looks very good at the begining and after some time you just lose the will to play after this takes
days and days to get ONE level...

=Unrelated=

I KNOW RP was something simple...i fail.  :gay:

After zodiac commented : Yeah...like you just want to level but some people force you to act *RP* style...or there kills you? or just kill the mob you trying to kill? Can't you just play normally? NO because some people say so. Lame.

Privates servers FTW!

==Back into subjet==

I actually played *Fly for fun*(Or FLYFF for short)
A long time ago...just rembemered.
One thing good about this is totally free.
But i got bored fast...all you do in this doing quests and leveling.
There are a few events but most sucks.
The game graphick looks like this was made for 6-14 Years old kids.
The music sucked after some time.
The money? Totally broken...can't get anything great to sell till you hit a very high level.

Safe to say, this was probably the worst game i played...(I mean MMO)

SilvasRuin

October 27, 2009, 11:00:05 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I have no idea what the name of it is now, but Flysis was pretty fun up until a certain level.  I forget what level it was, but you suddenly hit a stretch where all that is left is grinding for that level before you can unlock more missions.  It's quite sudden too as the missions up until that point tended to be enough to get you to the next level.  I personally preferred the A Gear, even when dogfighting, but I never could put up with the grinding long enough to finally get the air cannon ability thing.  I haven't played it since beta ended and characters were wiped though, so maybe it's improved since then.

And yeah, I'm quite aware it is nothing like a typical MMORPG.  Even if it is fighter jets, hover tanks, and dogfighting, the RPG aspects qualify it as a MMORPG.

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

October 27, 2009, 11:19:50 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
I played the original Ragnarok Online back in the day.  It was fun but the classes weren't very balanced and grinding levels became a chore, since once you reached about level 70, the only effective area for leveling was the Bathory tower.  And that tower would get CROWDED!

World o' Warcraft was fun until the expansions came out.  After that, the economy was jacked up by the HUGE influx of gold.  Also, the highest tier weapons before the expansion were outdated by generic weapons in the beginning of the expansions.  You can now also start at level 55 in the most absurdly powerful class there is: Death Knight.

QuoteBut let's not forget the true nature of MMORPGs: EAT PPL'S SOULS.

Too true.  I implore any and all to avoid these spirit consumption programs.

Skip Sandwich

October 27, 2009, 11:37:39 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Skip Sandwich
has anyone here checked out the new Megaten MMORPG? I've always been a fan of the console games, who doesn't like a game where you summon an army of demons and gods to crush your foes? I haven't done more then take a cursory look at the this new MMO offering yet, it looks pretty cool though.
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Kaijyuu

October 28, 2009, 12:28:23 am #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Maple story, from what I played of it, sucked. A lot.

FFXI sucked too but not quite as much. Forced grouping + 2 hours assembling a group = hell no.

WoW's pretty ok. It's gotten progressively better since it shipped, but it's always two steps forward, one back. Every patch brings good and bad it seems.

Mental_Gear

October 28, 2009, 05:06:52 am #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
Quote from: "Skip Sandwich"has anyone here checked out the new Megaten MMORPG? I've always been a fan of the console games, who doesn't like a game where you summon an army of demons and St. Ajora to crush your foes? I haven't done more then take a cursory look at the this new MMO offering yet, it looks pretty cool though.

I was going to, but it's free to play. Going to be full of bloody kids.

Mental_Gear

October 28, 2009, 05:09:09 am #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
Anyone excited for FFXIV? I hope they don't make it TOO solo-friendly.

iopyud

October 28, 2009, 07:15:31 am #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by iopyud
Maple Story is actually good but I played in SEA server and everybody was "tokin lyk dis lah".

The only thing bad about it is the speed. It's ridiculously slow and boring you'll end up quitting.

Ragnarok Online was good before they added alternate 2nd job. When that massive PVP (War of Emperium) came, shit flew everywhere.
From there it went downhill.

It's still alive and there's like... a bunch of private servers out there that can easily reach 1,400 active people online since RO runs even on the shittiest computer.
So ur wid ur rival adn u were fighting den wen he beat u ur holy stone glowed and spoke, it told u "Your soul will unite with my flesh" den u tell ur rival dat but ur rival said "No, that's just an ordinary rock"
THEN WHO WAS STONE?

Desocupado

October 28, 2009, 11:45:55 am #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Desocupado
I enjoyed a bit the gameplay of Ragnarok Online, but 4 thing killed it in my opinion:
1 - It took long as hell to level
2 - The equipment system sucked BIG time
3 - The classes are to un-balanced.
4 - Monster distribuition was senseless.

Personally, I find Guild Wars to be the best MMMORPG because:
1 - No need for grinding/farming
2 - A real storyline
3 - We can try different builds as we wish (like the reset concept)
4 - Great graphics

Aquablack

October 28, 2009, 11:58:18 am #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Aquablack
Ah yes, Guild Wars was pretty fun, only thing I didn't like was how all out-of-town areas were instanced, making it feel quite empty.  I'm greatly anticipating Guild Wars 2 though, the thought of playing as a Charr sounds awesome to me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

October 28, 2009, 11:59:12 am #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I heard good things from Guild Wars.

RO sucks a lot, it's a low level MMORPG (not in terms of level grinding; it just sucks), since there are so few options for the player and yet they managed to make it completely unbalanced.
I've played it before and I prefer Diablo 2 at least 10 times to it; note I'm sick of D2.