• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 08:16:25 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Newbie in modding (I'm using ppsspp on my android phone)

Started by plasma27, November 09, 2019, 12:11:49 am

plasma27

Hello everyone. I'm happy that I found such place like this. Here are my questions :

1. Can I use my android phone for modding iso? What tool should I use?
2. How can I get enemy exclusive jobs (holy knight, celebrant, rune knight, dycedarg job, variants of divine knight, etc), 9999 jp, 9999999 gil, 20 kill count for each unit?

That's all. Thank you and God bless!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

yamish

1. Not exactly. Wine doesn't work as well on android as it does on other some other linux distros, making running applications built for windows' framework more difficult on droid. That said, if you have a pc, you can always remote into it from your phone. If you're new to that, I'd suggest chrome remote desktop. It's pretty simple to get going.

2. Are you saying you want special jobs to drop 9999 jp and tons of gil and count as 20 kills? Or are you asking how to do that for those units? Because if the latter, your question doesn't fully make sense. 9999 jp by glitching or save editing. 20 kills by killing or save editing. Gil killing, glitching and selling, or save editing.
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Nyzer

You can't just get enemy exclusive jobs, not without bugs at least. Formation sprites, for whatever reason, don't draw directly from the regular spritesheet, and the number of potential Formation sprites is much smaller than the number of jobs. Most of those enemy exclusive jobs/characters would show up as Ramza sprites in the Formation screen.

You also can't just expand the job wheel beyond what's already there, so you wouldn't be able to let Ramza change into all these different jobs either. Every character gets their one special base job and all the generic jobs.

The Patcher & Tactext can be used to edit characters' special jobs, changing them into the jobs you like. So you could, for example, turn Rapha and Malak into Arc Knights and give them Zalbaag's skills instead. This would, by far, be the easiest thing to accomplish.

You can get a ton of gil relatively easily at the start of the game via event editing. ADD(x002C,xFFFF) would add 65535 to Variable 2C, which is your War Funds. I don't think the PSP version can add more than four hex digits at a time, so FFFF/65535 is the max gil you can add at once, but you can then use MULT to multiply your current total gil. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to go over the max amount of gil (whatever that is) since I assume there's the risk of it overflowing to negative numbers.

There's no easy way to just mod 9999 JP. That's more the domain of Gamesharking/save editing, and there's no event command for awarding JP so it can't be done that way either. That said, you can give a unit 9999 JP in a single job when the game first spawns them, using the Patcher: set Job level 8 to require 9999 JP (which would affect every single job in the game), and set the character's first appearance to have level 8 in a job. You can only do this with a single job, though, as the game is only set to let you specify one job's progression, and it will of course affect anything that depends on that character having Job Level 8, such as the Dark Knight, so it would be best to nerf such job requirements.

There ought to be a way to mod units to count as having 20 kills, or, even better, to get rid of the 20 kill requirement. However, I'm pretty sure that would require hex editing/ASM hacking the proper variables/checks, and to the best of my knowledge no one has ever tried to trace where and how the 20 kills are stored and called upon. You're most likely completely out of luck here; the best you could do would be to make a skill that the AI can't use that inflicts Crystal, since this would probably count as a full kill without having to do the three-turn wait.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

plasma27

From what I've read from your answers it looks like its quite a job especially on how to get enemy exclusive jobs. Personally I always like antagonists characters. They have unique jobs which I always want to know how to get it. I realized you can get 9999 jp and 999999 gil through cheats.

plasma27

But can I change a normal squire to a enemy job like celebrant, nightblade, etc?

yamish

Yes. The way to do it would be to replace the skills within the squire skillset with the ones you want. Then use tactext or xif's text helper tool to change the name as desired.

Of course this means instead of squires in the early game you'd be fighting lots of arc knights and such unless you went into the ENTDs and changed them.
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

plasma27

I wanna change my squires to such jobs like the mentioned. I'm new to modding. I wanna enjoy the game using enemy exclusive jobs to my characters.