• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 09:10:36 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: The Counterpart

Started by Joseph Strife, July 07, 2011, 02:41:24 pm

Joseph Strife

Hi people, i'm relatively new in this forum, but i'm realy liking being here, so far i've being only download and testing patches like hell crazy, but i've decided to take further steps. I want to make a new patch, nothing too big, but something realy fun that everyone (noobs and pros) can play and something that complements the story of FFT.

Please, help me with what i am in need, i'm new so there may be some things i don't know that need answers.

What comes now is just a start idea for the project and i belive it will take a time to get it up and running, you see, i'm new and i still have to learn how to do all the things (spriting and hacking itself, i'm all out in that).

If someone can advice me whether it's a good idea or not to start an idea without the knowledge of hacking, feel free to do. If the moderators of the forum want to delete this topic and save it for when i'm more used to hacking please fell free to do so too, just PM me frist please.

Final Fantasy Tactics: The Counterpart

My idea is simple, who didn't asked yourself on how delita maneged to escape from Fort Zeakden and come back as a freaking awesome Holy Knight? This patch is supposed to tell this, my idea is to make a new storyline, not too big, but interesting, something that completes this part in the real FFT. Of course Delita will be the main character.

I want to make a patch without party, what means the player will be controlling only Delita (maybe Izlude too, as long as i know Izlude is the youngest of the Shrine Knights) the patch sould look like Delita's been saved by the church and there he learned the ways of the Holy blade (Izlude could be his companion in this learning the ways of the Knight Blade). Delita (and Izlude) will be sent in a variety of mission for the church as a preparation for what is to come (the creation of the Shrine Knight and trying to manipulate the war). Delita will have comrades with him just as Ramza has in the real story, but they will be guests, you will only control Delita (and if it's the case, Izlude too).

Delita will be in need of a new job class, such as apprentice or something like this, and a whole new skillset. Fristly i don't feel like changing much things on the other classes, but this can change. It's going to be a church based patch, so Holy Jobs will be in use, maybe there will be a need for new classes to make the game better.

My idea is to use the map walking (diferent of what kokojo made in CoP), can you modify starting points in the map and open routes during the game? (i mean, which points will unlock after i've done my objective)
Can you modify a place in the map? (i mean, i wish to make Muround Holy Place as the initial point and make it possible that you can buy things there just like you do in Igros castle or magic city gariland)

Anyways, that's my center idea, of course it needs refinement and a lot of help, i'll be waiting for feed backs, advices, and cooperate of all, if someone liked the idea and want to participate or take the project for yourself PM me, help is always welcome and if someone think they can handle this project better it's okay with me, just PM me coz i would like to help.

That's all folks, thanks!  :mrgreen:
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Pierce

Sounds like an interesting concept. IIRC there was a patch very similar to this that had Delita as the main character, you could check that out in Archives to give some ideas if you want (It was called KoI, the patch got abandoned).

Be prepared that this sounds like a more difficult patch to make than you think. Events, jobs, and story all need to be created and balanced. If you're serious about this, be prepared for a big workload before seeing huge progress.

I'm sure if you can show that you're dedicated to a project like this, you can get some people on board. Obviously I can't help you with this because I don't know shit about any form of FFT hacking, but I'm happy to throw in my opinions and help you critique your work.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Joseph Strife

Thanks Pierce, your opinion was very important, i'll search for it and see what i can find and then decide if i start the project or not, you see, i still have to learn how to hack, like you i don't know nothing about it.
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

GeneralStrife

AFAIK, KoI was supposed to be this. Or something similiar. It's on hold.

RavenOfRazgriz

King of Ivalice was Abandoned, but it's been moved to On Hold again and the subforum containing the design files is hidden again for whatever reason because some people prefer making shit in secret I guess.  It's Xifanie's end-goal patch and she has tons of notes for it if you know where to look.

Joseph Strife

I've got a ppf of the patch, i'm playing right now, i found it in a post right here in the new ideas section.
It is indeed similar to what i was thinking. since there is already a patch like this i would rather prefer to help making it ( you know, with ideas, playtesting and feed backs) instead of starting one from 0. Too bad it's on hold, i hope it can be reactivated.

Xifanie

It's not that I like making shit in secret Raven; in fact I already made posts in the KoI forum a week ago saying that it will become a full community project...

HOWEVER, before unhiding the KoI forum, I must meet this conditions:
- Finish the Event Editor

There is no point in reviving the patch if I don't. Because I know I'll be by far the main Event Editor.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Xifanie on July 08, 2011, 06:24:00 pm
It's not that I like making shit in secret Raven; in fact I already made posts in the KoI forum a week ago saying that it will become a full community project...

Thanks for the reply Xifanie, i'm glad to hear that.
btw, am i correct assuming you are heading the KoI project? if that's the case i would like to be a part of it, i would like to help anyway i can.

RavenOfRazgriz

I was more trying to make a jab at Ivalice Arena, heh.  It just fit because King of Ivalice magicked away too and it used to be hidden.

HOWEVER, before unhiding the KoI forum, I must meet this conditions:
- Finish the Event Editor

I'm more than willing to help you with this if you need it now that I can competently build and navigate a Spreadsheet.

Joseph Strife

Sorry for the necrobump, but wouldn't EasyVent meet the conditions you need for reactivating KoI XIfanie? I would realy like to see a project like that completed.