• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:48:39 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Synthesis Shop and Scavenging [solved]

Started by yamish, February 20, 2019, 05:14:51 pm

yamish

February 20, 2019, 05:14:51 pm Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 09:06:21 am by yamish
I want to implement this gem of pure loveliness, and what I can see in the file is pretty intuitive for the most part.

I'm seeing nothing related to the scavenging routine mentioned in Xif's ASM thread. I do notice that there are supposed to be 5 sheets in the workbook, but I have three tabs: sheets 1, 2, and 5...or Synth Requirements, Text, and xml.

I am using OpenOffice Calc. I'm aware that Calc doesn't have support for all VBA in Excel.

Is this the root of my issue? And if so, any advice on freeware to get beyond this limitation? I'm not opposed to needing to use multiple applications and tedium to get this done. My experience with code is with object oriented languages, so while I understand that ASM is (appears to be?) just moving memory around, I have no idea how to build this myself.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: riggz raggz

Xifanie

Actually, the scavenging stuff is for the Synth Shop v2 which hasn't been released yet from a lack of testing.

The first version is xlsx, meaning it is macro-free, so it should work with free alternatives, as long as they don't suck too much.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

yamish

Ah ok. So currently there's no way to harvest materials for synthesis, they just all exist within the synthesis shop, unless it's an item already in the game, like gear?

Nyzer

Disclaimer: this is only my loose and probably incorrect/inaccurate understanding.

They don't really exist as standard items. They're unused/salvaged bits and bytes of memory that can be set to values, associated with icons, and used for the synth shop. IIRC at least some were originally salvaged from Fur Shop data.

It's not far removed from just saving a bunch of variables and going "okay, variable 80 is Copper_Ore and 81 is Copper_Bars". Closer to a currency than an item.

Now pretend that was all said by someone with a way better idea of what kind of arcane magic Xifanie has worked here, imagine how much better that explanation was, and you might have something halfway true.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

Quote from: yamish on February 21, 2019, 10:12:35 pm
Ah ok. So currently there's no way to harvest materials for synthesis, they just all exist within the synthesis shop, unless it's an item already in the game, like gear?

I don't know what you're talking about. The screenshots past the v1 download post are v2 development screenshots.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

yamish

Ahhh ok. I was confusing myself thinking some of the stuff in development for v2 was live in v1. Thanks yall