• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

A million problems and knowing nothing is all of them.

Started by VallinVallentine, September 15, 2018, 05:03:13 am

VallinVallentine

Extremely new to this and I am not sure where to begin aside from just asking. I do have specific questions that have been answered by researching the forums, but there is one that I have yet to have answered clearly! That question being,

Is it possible to just play some of the mods I have seen listed. I am beyond clueless as to how to apply any of this and even more so to the language that is used commonly, despite learning a good deal by way of research. Put simply, is there a way to just click a mod and play it as I might play the original game in it's original state? I honestly expect a million insults, but if I can get a simple answer that would be lovely. If the answer is no, I suppose Ill have to look up a simplified how to on .. well, how to do that in as easy a way as possible.

I am just a huge fan of the game and have wanted more since the original. Sequels are sequels but the original frame is what built my most beloved home for the series and I have been crazy to find something that gave me more made and played in that original fashion. I thank anyone who might be able to assist and being new as I am, I can't say how heartend I am to see it given new life! I sincerely thank anyone who would see that done.

- Vallin Vallentine.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Nyzer

Also, just a little commentary here.

The fan-made sequel mods you'll find on FFH are way better sequels than anything made for the Nintendo handhelds. That's not necessarily a barb about their quality (even though the Law systems and A2's "plot" are utter ass) but more of a mention that the A series is really a spinoff series, not a sequel series.

I think FFTA is a pretty great game for what it is, but it's a game that was simplified and aimed at a far younger audience. There just isn't nearly as much potential there.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown