• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:12:59 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Undeniable Rules of JRPGs

Started by Xifanie, July 05, 2015, 11:16:25 pm

Xifanie

July 05, 2015, 11:16:25 pm Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:26:29 pm by Xifanie
If a game doesn't follow these rules, it is not a true Japanese RPG. Feel free to add your own!

1) You need a doctorate's degree to manage sewers
2) Your first boat trip will not go well
3) You will be thrown in a prison cell and escape (easily)
4) At least one town will be destroyed
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Angel

5) You will start out in a region with the cheapest inns in the world, and your travels always take you to the next least expensive region until you reach the single most expensive inn on the planet.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Jumza

6) See Rule 5, replace 'inn' with 'store item'.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Kaijyuu

7) The first (or occasionally second) named female character in your party will need rescuing at some point, she'll die, or both.

Lijj

Houses or dwellings all look really small until you enter; once inside you will see that the dwelling has grown.

gatebuster202

9) Their is always one sword later in the game with an awesome name, visual and the worst stats ever. (Persona 4, of course, did the inverse. Looking at you Mop.)
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

MiKeMiTchi

10. You can always be a gatecrasher.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Kagebunji

11. You can walk around other people houses like it's no big deal.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Aiolon

12. You will run into a lot of treasure chests placed everywhere in the world and for some strange reason nobody else in the game   gives a damn about them.
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

dw6561

13. Ancient technology always works for some reason, and it will always be better than modern technology.
14. There will be at least one giant robot.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

Angel

Quote from: Aiolon on July 11, 2015, 12:26:19 pm
12. You will run into a lot of treasure chests placed everywhere in the world and for some strange reason nobody else in the game   gives a damn about them.

That one seriously annoys me, and always has. Like, what the actual fuck?

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

gatebuster202

@Toshiro, I always wanted a monster to go all Tonberry-esque and do damage equal to the number of chests you opened x10(x100 in systems that use four digit health.)

Angel

Who is this Toshiro person you keep referring to? :o

gatebuster202

Very sorry Toshiko, I have been replying on l i t t l e sleep, and have been bad with manything, grammar and spelling included.

(Napping is good for one's brain, modding and in general life.)

Angel

No worries, I just couldn't resist an opportunity to poke fun~

Lijj

15) It's so easy to get the path to your great quest blocked; and by easy I mean: all it takes is one blocky little tile to obstruct your ability to go forward. Even if that block is only half your size (if you happen to be a two tile tall sprite).

Aiolon

16) the main villain will be your childhood friend , distant relative , your missing brother/sister , the badass guy that killed your dad , your dad... , the exboyfriend of the hot girl you met when the game started and more but it will NEVER be some random guy that decided to be bad. it must always have some sort of relation with the main character.
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

skiploom188

17) The weakest enemies will always be near the first town you are in. For some reason the enemies have been arranged by level according to where your quest goes.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================