• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:10:31 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 2 Registration

Started by Barren, June 14, 2013, 07:05:39 am

The Damned

(Still waiting on the "do you need people with vocal commentary" question, Barren. I don't want to nag you, but....)

So...it looks like 1.39 will actually be finished way sooner than expected. I guess we're still doing this as 1.38 though, which is fine. 1.38 should get a big "send-off" considering how long it's been around already.

Now I'm just wondering something.... (Well, beyond if CT5Holy is doing a Water-based team, since otherwise, I'll probably make one.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Torgo

Salutations, folks. I got linked here from another forum by reinoe. I've also been watching the Single Class tournament. I'm interested in registering a team, but I do have one question:

- Does it cost 250 JP to unlock a subclass for a unit? As an example, say I give a Monk Chivalry. Will he cost 500 JP?

BONUS FOLLOW UP QUESTION:

- If the answer to the above is "Yes!" then can I make a Knight at no extra JP cost?

reinoe

June 19, 2013, 04:57:27 am #22 Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 05:22:08 am by reinoe
Quote from: Torgo on June 19, 2013, 04:41:13 am
Salutations, folks. I got linked here from another forum by reinoe.

I've also been watching the Single Class tournament. I'm interested in registering a team, but I do have one question:

Yay advertising spam success.  Oh but don't try that at insanely derpy...

Quote from: Torgo on June 19, 2013, 04:41:13 am- Does it cost 250 JP to unlock a subclass for a unit? As an example, say I give a Monk Chivalry. Will he cost 500 JP?

Yep, it cost 250 jp to unlock Monk, and another 250 to unlike Paladin.  But you don't have to limit it to just two classes.  If you want to give your Paladin "Move HP UP" it'll cost another 250 to unlock Geomancer.

- If the answer to the above is "Yes!" then can I make a Knight Paladin at no extra JP cost?

No, each time you unlock a "job" it's for that unit only.  So you would have to pay 250 jp if another unit wants access to the Paladin job command.

There are two invaluable tools to making a team, the first I think you're already looked at...

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6483.0
This is the master guide that lists JP etc, and a brief outline of some of the jobs and abilities.

The second is a real godsend...
It's a team design tool.  Do not under any circumstance modify the formulas.  I did that on accident and my teams were terrible :mad:  The team design tool will actually calculate for you jp counts etc.  PRO TIP-when the JP COUNTER TURNS red you've used too many points!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8202.0
My dreams can come true!

Dokurider

Salutations, folks. I got linked here from another forum by reinoe. I've also been watching the Single Class tournament. I'm interested in registering a team, but I do have one question:

- Does it cost 250 JP to unlock a subclass for a unit? As an example, say I give a Monk Chivalry. Will he cost 500 JP?

- If the answer to the above is "Yes!" then can I make a Knight at no extra JP cost?

Each unit has it's own JP budget (3000 JP). It is not influenced by it's teammate own JP costs. You buy a Chivalry secondary for said Monk, a fellow Paladin will still have 250 JP deducted from his allowance. And yes it costs 250 JP for not just a subclass, but for all classes unlocked on that unit. If you wanted Auto Potion, you'd would have to unlock the Chemist class for 250 JP and pay the cost of the skill itself (300 JP).

Oh and the master says to keep your filthy hands off his wives. It's already hell trying keeping those dress clean and unwrinkled without you drooling all over us you perv.

Torgo

Quote from: Dokurider on June 19, 2013, 05:00:28 am
Each unit has it's own JP budget (3000 JP).

Ahhhhhh. Ok, I get it. Big brain fart on my part; I thought the 3000 JP was across all four characters. I'll admit I hadn't actually looked at the JP costs for individual abilities, but it did strike me as rather stingy. That makes a lot more sense.

Quote from: reinoe on June 19, 2013, 04:57:27 am
It's a team design tool.  Do not under any circumstance modify the formulas.  I did that on accident and my teams were terrible :mad:  The team design tool will actually calculate for you jp counts etc.  PRO TIP-when the JP COUNTER TURNS red you've used too many points!
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8202.0

Sadly, I lack the proper software to take advantage of it. I'll have to figure it out on my own.

Quote from: Dokurider on June 19, 2013, 05:00:28 amOh and the master says to keep your filthy hands off his wives. It's already hell trying keeping those dress clean and unwrinkled without you drooling all over us you perv.

I promise I learned my lesson.

Look ma, no hand(s)!

skiploom188

Hmmm, join? or not join?

Loser videos, anyone?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Barren

There's probably going to be a loser's bracket for sure
You dare cross blades with me?

Fanatic

Hmmm...Got to do this. But research first. Yes, research. Then battle....My monks will rise again.

we still have those, right?
Final Fantasy Tactics Football Fracas [FFTFF] Link:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197339-final-fantasy-tactics/57703092

Barren

The Damned

(Barren, please don't make me nag you about this vocal thing. You know I will.)

No, we no longer have Monks, Fanatic. We have Pugilists, which are basically the same thing, only they're forced to fight to like gentlemen--this is fine since pretty much no one has used a female Monk Pugilist in ages.

Also, good to see you back.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

Ohh you mean 1.39 Damned, yea I heard that's gonna get changed but as for now we still have monks since we're using 1.38d

The Damned

(No, actually, that's not what I meant.)

The "nagging" thing I'm talking about is my offer of help, but on the condition that I don't have to have vocals on my video. I just need to know whether you needed the additional helper you asked for to be someone who used his/her voice in the videos or if you just needed someone else who was willing to help record the tournament.

Because I can (probably) do the latter, but I'm unwilling and unable to do the former.

I just need/want a clear answer is all.

P.S. The post "to" Fanatic was just a Street Fighter-related joke. We'll still have Monks in 1.39...at least as far as I know.

Barren

If you can contribute Damned then you're definitely welcome aboard. If you want to do it non-vocally that's fine.

Malroth

If i'm not too late i'll try to have a team ready before monday night

Torgo

So I have a team! I think! I just pm it to you Barren?

Couple other questions about making/posting teams:

• What's the general rule of thumb on publishing teams in general? For tournaments do we just submit them privately to keep them secret, or do we put them up publicly anywhere beforehand?

• Is there a general thread for talking team construction and critiquing?

Also, reinoe, I'm not sure if you got my reply (my PMs say "reply sent" but then it's not in my sent messages, so...), but thanks again for the welcome and the link over! :mrgreen:

Otabo

Quote from: Torgo on June 23, 2013, 12:31:15 am
Couple other questions about making/posting teams:

• What's the general rule of thumb on publishing teams in general? For tournaments do we just submit them privately to keep them secret, or do we put them up publicly anywhere beforehand?

• Is there a general thread for talking team construction and critiquing?

For tourneys, you send the team to whoever is hosting the tournament usually, then they usually get posted after the deadline has passed; right before the tourney starts. For non-tourney teams though, all you have to do is make a post in the Team Submissions thread and post whatever teams you want. Just look at some teams in the Team Submissions thread to get an idea on how it's done. It's easy. People have anywhere from 1 or 2 teams to 10+ teams, so there isn't a limit. One of the recorders will get around to making videos at some point. Usually it's Barren, Dokurider or CT5Holy making videos for the teams (used to include me as well, but I stopped for...reasons I won't get into).

FFMaster

If you need help casting matches, I can help out.
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Barren

The Damned

(Did you still need only four helpers, Barren?)

If that's so, then I'll (gladly) stand aside if FFMaster is offering to help and actually has the time.