• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:50:54 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Bug Reports

Started by 3lric, March 25, 2013, 08:11:54 pm

Xifanie

Bart's brave story info isn't updated after his death
Tesnya/Romar still have their age displayed after their death
Alma's bravestory not updated after she's been rescued from Romar
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Durbs

Not sure if this could be considered a 'bug', but why is he in here?

Durbs

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on April 04, 2013, 04:49:13 pm
Daravon opens automatically when you click Tutorial.

Mkay. Makes sense.

Adramelk

April 04, 2013, 11:13:10 pm #45 Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:35:17 am by Adramelk
Wow, I played the version 1.0 and there was a HUGE bug-jump from Tesnya's Fight to the first fight against Ganondorf (direct)... I realized now that I played the v3.0 :( that resolves the mistery of why Link had a stone and why everyone said that agrias can be seen in the shop.  :mrgreen:

Edit1: I also missed: scenes of golgorand, delita's castle, the return to the castle and the death of bartholume, also the oportunity of buy new equipment

Wow... now I can go to warjilis?? how much of the chapter did I miss because of the bug ? :O

Edit2: Now I have to go to thieves fort?? wow, I feel very bad for losing like a half of the chapter because of this problem, but I feel good because I defeated the final boss with a low-level team and the first equipment, and Agrias just like a level 7 guest
This patch is a lot better than I thought in a begining lol

Zaane

April 05, 2013, 02:01:48 pm #46 Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:31:24 am by Zaane
during the Gannondorf battle when the arrow hits and kills him he says some stuff then the screen pans towards the sky...and then nothing...it just stays there like that. was playing on the emulator PSXfin
I would include the save state if I could but I'm not entirly sure how.

Edit: ok I tried to include the save state but I probably did it wrong.... I'm not good at stuff like this.

RavenOfRazgriz

It should be in psxfin -> saves -> quicksave_jotf_whatever

That crash is weird because it's only ever been reported twice and it's not something we can replicate.  (I test this patch on psxfin 1.13 myself and don't get it, for example.)  If you can post the quicksave it'd make experimenting with it easier, but we'd need it to actually happen on our end in the first place to debug it.

And Adramelk, yes, you missed over half the patch by continuing on that bugged ISO.  Have fun. :v

Zaane

April 07, 2013, 06:42:17 am #48 Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:53:36 am by Zaane
oh yes i forgot to mention i got this in the little black box in the background while playing on PSXfin (V1.13)
when the error occured.

cuebin: read sector out of range (234992, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235024, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235056, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235088, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235120, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235152, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235184, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235216, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235248, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235280, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235312, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235344, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235376, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235408, max =234991)
cuebin: read sector out of range (235440, max =234991)

not really sure what it means or if its important but thought I'd include it in case it is.
Edit: that fixed the problem perfectly Thanks a million :)

gil

Just two things. One is just the sprite of the Toughskin when using Damage Split... The poor turtle got divided... (pun intended?  :D).

The other is a squire in a random that charged Cloud, got knockedback and then still hit him.

Zaane

April 09, 2013, 11:02:30 am #52 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:12:31 am by Zaane
these are of the same unit not really sure whats up here....but this unit was recruited from Zerekile Falls in a random? battle....at first i thought it was a unique unit cause its clothes were white and werent the normal ranger clothes sadly I didnt get a picture of that. anyway this unit appeared as a guest in that battle and joined me afterwards. when i went to look at her stats...well..this lol

Edit: Also whenever I put armor on her, her hp does not increase it just stays the same.

Adramelk

I have the same problem that zaane... But In Battle, the new member of the group has a lot of skills  :shock:

3lric

Well... That's a new one... Raven must've derped on the random

RavenOfRazgriz

Enjoy your Job Level 0 Monster Female Ranger that can't properly use equipment.

It's fixed for whenever the next release will be.  That entire ENTD was a bit messed up.  It's supposed to be a fight against 4-6 monsters with a friendly Female Ranger that will randomly offer to join your party afterward but a lot of the flags on the monsters and Ranger were not set quite right.  I remember doing this one right before passing out for the night I worked on it on so it's not surprising.

fin7710

April 09, 2013, 10:21:06 pm #56 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:40:09 pm by fin7710
In the cutscene after the battle at Thieves Fort, the dialogue from the fight intro is repeated.  The game seems to continue on fine, but the scene makes no sense.   I'm using v1.3 and ePSXe.  Gonna try 1.4 and see if it fixes this.  Anyone else see this issue?  I can supply pictures if needed.

EDIT: No, using v1.4 didn't fix it.  I used a save state to load back to the battle though.  I'll try loading from my memory card tomorrow and see if that fixes it.

Argy

This also happened to me as well using JoT5 1.4 on espsxe 1.8 for Android. Whatever fixes that are normally made also apply to this emulator as well.
Kotetsu Quad Killer!!

RavenOfRazgriz

Just confirmed that this (somehow) happens on my ISO as well.  Either this went unreported this entire time or someone good fixing a different error.

I'll make sure it's fixed for a release tomorrow.  Apologies everyone, that really shouldn't have happened.  That's just embarrassing on our part.