• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Help here!

Started by yrogerg, October 15, 2012, 09:49:17 am

yrogerg

I have the arena138d.ppf i have the Memorycard Generator, the save with my team and i cant make it work!

Here is what i did:

As Xifanie's excel document describes I made two teams saved them as .mcr put it in my epsxe memory card folder as epsxe001.mcr and as the ePSXe Help Guide on how to apply .ppf patches i renamed arena138d.ppf to SCUS_942.21.ppf, then put it at the /patches sub folder. I run the game and the game says that the save is corrupted. What do i do wrong and what should i do to fix it?
Me, staring back at you!

Barren

How I generate the memcards with Xifanie's excel document was go to the settings tab and click on the drop down box  where next to it says: generate memeory card as click on the box and select .gme

Then click on the memory card tab and save it as arena.gme (it can be whatever name you want just end it with .gme)

Also download the latest version of FFTastic then open  FFTastic then hit file, open, select the .gme file you saved your memory card then click on file then save. Then you close the program and go to your emulator and make sure in the memory card section of config you select the memory card you generated then you'll be able to load your save file on FFT Arena. Hope this helps
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

yrogerg

Hmmm i did what you said and for some reason its not working...Maybe the patch is incorrect...? I dont know. Also it might be that i use the 1.6 version of epsxe
Me, staring back at you!

Barren

where did you save the memory card?

yrogerg

Quote from: Barren on October 15, 2012, 10:22:14 am
where did you save the memory card?

ePSXe.v1.6.0\memcards\
Me, staring back at you!

Barren

when you opened your emulator did you select the memory card you just generated (the .gmefile) in one of the memory card slots?

yrogerg

Ok, done, worked thanks. I think we should someone to make a guide for that kind of stuff for complete noobs, like me.
Me, staring back at you!

Barren

You're very welcome. Please let me or anyone else know if you need help with anything.

And welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics: where all of your dreams come true :)

yrogerg

Quote from: Barren on October 15, 2012, 10:37:38 am
And welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics: where all of your dreams come true :)

:mrgreen:

Umm the patch i think is not working properly...
I load the save, and i am in a location called deep dungeon and when i load that location it just gives me a list of many non functional commands and some missions... what do i do to do that team test?
Oh and when i load one of the missions the terrain textures are just gone
Me, staring back at you!

Barren

make sure that you are opening the patched ISO of FFT (where you patched FFT Arena). Also when you load your save file, you end up in the deep dungeon because when you hit the button to select the location it gives you a list of the maps you can choose from then you simply pick a map and let the AI duke it out

yrogerg

Quote from: Barren on October 15, 2012, 11:01:57 am
make sure that you are opening the patched ISO of FFT (where you patched FFT Arena).

How do i apply that patch ?
Me, staring back at you!

Barren

Download PPF-o-Matic. then you select open the program. Select the ISO you wish to patch then select the PPF file you want to patch the ISO with then hit apply and it'll patch

yrogerg

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen: Its working, thanks man and do make that guide for others ok?
Me, staring back at you!

Barren

haha when I have the time I will my friend

yrogerg

October 15, 2012, 11:30:38 am #14 Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:35:42 am by yrogerg
Hmmm when the world map is loaded i press to see the options of "Deep Dungeon" and the game freezes. I feel like stupid asking all this questions but im no FFhacker (yet at least). What do i have to do?

Also when i check the equipment the names are strange and the names of the abilities even stranger
Me, staring back at you!

Barren

you sure you're opening a clean ISO of FFT with FFT Arena patched to it?

yrogerg

October 15, 2012, 11:43:29 am #16 Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:54:19 am by yrogerg
If you mean clean of changes no, i changed a few things a few days ago....hehe and the problem is it takes forever to download with my connection...
will the problem be solved if i make a clean patch with FFTPatcher with new resources.zip?

Edit: nope didnt work gonna have to download it again....
Me, staring back at you!

Barren

What you simply do is get a clean ISO of Final Fantasy Tactics then you open up PPF-o-Matic then select the FFT ISO image file then you select the FFT Arena 1.38d patch file then hit apply.

yrogerg

Quote from: Barren on October 15, 2012, 12:06:24 pm
What you simply do is get a clean ISO of Final Fantasy Tactics

Lol i need 3 hours to download one literally  :mrgreen:
Me, staring back at you!

Barren

when you download it follow the instructions I provided for you. Hopefully you'll be able to get it working on your own from there