• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

This turned into shit

Started by Xifanie, July 14, 2010, 08:31:52 am

Xifanie

I'm seeing a lot of unbalanced items. Seriously you can't give shit WP to a weapon just because it has 25% chance to cast a motherfucking weak spell.
What the fuck is up with 2 Move!?!? Archers and mages will just fucking burn the map to the ground. Unless the other team has a squire/thief/ninja...
I thought we were supposed to balance jobs with a tournament in mind. Currently all I see is the shitty vanilla setup which consists of wasting JP in unlocking other jobs to get the one you want. Why can't we see something new?
Oh, and now you're going to start a tournament with a not-nearly finished product? wtf?
- There are still unavailable skills because of JP cap (lolololol)
- No monsters
- Why the 1 Ninja/Mime limitation? Just nerf Ninja and mime is only for hardcore players because they can just destroy your own team.

I'm not buying this shit, sorry.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Dome

Zod is harsh as usual, but I agree with him
- A tournament should start only with a finished patch
- No skill should be unaviable
The purpose of this patch is to make everything balanced, so if something is uber-broken just nerf it...monsters, jobs, or items

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Xifanie

Also, IIRC PX made a much better item list than what we can currently see in the Item topic.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

FFMaster

Calm down a bit.

let me address a few of your points.

- Most weapons haven't been editted yet. The original plan was to only make the top few items that were used in 1.3 to be useful. The only example of this would be Holy Lance. Shit like Lightning Bow and Sleep Sword were never meant to be included until much later.
- I honestly hate 2 Move units. On large maps (Zeklaus for example), unless your team all has 2 or 3 move, it will fall apart quickly, much more quickly than back in 1.3. I already talked to Aero about this, but he seems adamant about keeping everything at 2/3 Move and no Movement abilities.
- As I said back in the other thread, I have no idea where the 250 JP unlock system went.
- The tournament is meant to get a good read on balance issues, and would be like beta testing. It's better if we had more people than just us 3 shoving the same team ideas at each other.

EDIT: Most skills will be available - stuff like Blade Grasp will never be unbanned though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Xifanie

Quote• The Zodiac does not feel any negative emotions. Thus you cannot make it sad, angry or feel regret.
In the original plan, the item pool was meant to be much larger, not limiting yourself to the better and last items. (ie. Crystal Mail, Reflect Armor)
It was also supposed to unlock the currently unused rare items, as there is no reason not to.
That doesn't mean of course that we have to use every single item for the tournament, far from that.

I was the one that suggested the static JP amount to unlock any job. I just found it lame that the vanilla setup was still being used even after discussing this.

Even for a beta test this is too far from completion: you'll just end up wasting your time.

Dome

QuoteEDIT: Most skills will be available - stuff like Blade Grasp will never be unbanned though.
Just make it less broken instead of banning it
If blade grasp blocks only Br/2 % of attacks, and maximum brave is 70, 35% of evading is not so broken (For example)

AeroGP

Quote from: "Zodiac"I'm seeing a lot of unbalanced items. Seriously you can't give shit WP to a weapon just because it has 25% chance to cast a motherfucking weak spell.
What the fuck is up with 2 Move!?!? Archers and mages will just fucking burn the map to the ground. Unless the other team has a squire/thief/ninja...
I thought we were supposed to balance jobs with a tournament in mind. Currently all I see is the shitty vanilla setup which consists of wasting JP in unlocking other jobs to get the one you want. Why can't we see something new?
Oh, and now you're going to start a tournament with a not-nearly finished product? wtf?
- There are still unavailable skills because of JP cap (lolololol)
- No monsters
- Why the 1 Ninja/Mime limitation? Just nerf Ninja and mime is only for hardcore players because they can just destroy your own team.

I'm not buying this shit, sorry.

You wanna talk shit? Fine, let's talk shit.
  • All WP was dropped. You were the one who said to do that instead of fucking around with the Fury constant.
  • I have no intention of bringing everything up at this time, just allowing classes to have around 3-5 choices per equipment slot, period.
  • That third comment is stupid. Isn't Archer/Mage/Squire/Thief/Ninja pretty much everyone? Who's missing? Mediator? They have magic guns. Bard/Dancer/Scholar? They don't need to move out, really. Geomancer has elemental, Lancer has jump... only Knight and Samurai are left out, and they still have the better HP/skillset in the game, anyways.
    Also, FFM, I don't remember you disagreeing with 2/3 move. I remember PX disagreeing, but not you.
  • It's a beta tournament to test out the ideas. Just testing random shit for balance without getting a grip on what people will ACTUALLY USE NOW doesn't do anything.
  • Two Ninja/Mime can only be shit or broken, I'm sorry.
Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

Dome

Quote from: "AeroGP"Two Ninja can only be shit or broken, I'm sorry
Then completely change the ninja class...there is no need at all to stay the same of vanilla/1.3
Example:
Hp: Low
Mp: Low
Speed: Very High
Pa: Middle
MA: Low
Movement: 3 (4?)

Equipment: Ninja swords/knives (Only one, no 2 swords as innate)
Same as vanilla

Skillset:
(Same CT as 1.3 accumulate) 100% trasparent on self
Throw shuriken (1-4 range, damage based on Pa)
Poison bomb (1-3 range, 2 AoE, poison on everyone in the AoE and small MA based damage

FFMaster

Quote from: "Dome"If blade grasp blocks only Br/2 % of attacks, and maximum brave is 70, 35% of evading is not so broken (For example)

Find me an ASM hack and we will work it in. Otherwise, don't expect much. We are working with what we have, not what can potentially be done.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢