• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:43:53 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Specific color palettes

Started by Xifanie, February 18, 2010, 10:29:22 am

FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Kagebunji

You didn't get to portraits palete yet, or what happened? I can't see any saturation on those, gj.

AvengerXP

I would really enjoy a consolidated post, either here or an edited one at the start of the thread, with a package of all current work done inside one ZIP/RAR file. That and an updated shishi package with everything inside it.

For some reason I can't apply Shishi packages the program refuses to do so correctly so I am going to import manually each and every sprite for each class. Thank you all for the enormous work.

AvengerXP

Might as well do it myself says the old proverb, here is what I concatenated from the thread.

Someone should make ShiShi accessible to everyone in the Downloads section, it was very hard to find. It's version 0.352 inside the FFPatcher package. The new package lacks the import functionality of shishi packages (weird).

Fusui - Geomancer
Gin - Bard
Item - Chemist
Knight - Same (Corruption FIXED)
Kuro - Black Mage
Mina - Squire
Mono - Mime
Ninja - Same (Corruption FIXED)
Odori - Dancer
Onmyo - Mystic/Oracle
Ryu - Dragoon/Lancer
San - Calculator
Siro - White Mage (Corruption FIXED)
Syou - Summoner
Thief - Same
Yumi - Archer

Missing added:
Waju - Mediator
Toki - Time Mages
Monk - Same
Samurai - Same

I have corrected the corrupted files manually and also extracted the missing file from the Arena.shishi package. This is my christmas gift to you. It was tedious but well worth it. The fixed files are in BMP format I'm not repackaging them in SPR format.

FFMaster

The .shishi is attached to this post. This one has a few monster palettes I've made as well.

Old version of the sprite editor can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=96

AvengerXP

I found a corruption problem using extra palettes (change six to eight) and allowing generic jobs to use generic palettes. Palette 7 and 8 do not properly palletize Chests and Crystals once the character dies permanently. Attached are examples. This also jumbles some letters in the Help section description randomly.

If anyone has an idea of a fix or cause, feel free to post your thoughts.

FFMaster

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=953

The ASM hacks in that thread should fix the palettes.

AvengerXP

I just applied the palette limit hack and everything and I still get corrupt chest/crystals from people in the palette range 7 and 8. The only thing I haven't touched is the spritesheet hack.

Even better, I just hit someone with a regular attack and he swapped palettes from Brown to Red. He reverted back to Brown after a while.

philsov

just noticed while running a match -- purple crystals freeze the game when they're picked up.  Is this something unique to the 1.3 stuff or does this carry over into the arena matches?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Zozma

In my own patch i had the same problem.
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

FFMaster

I've only ever seen it happen once, and I don't remember the crystal colour. Sorry, but I don't know enough to fix the problem.

Cheetah

Are all the sprites done now? I always loved this topic.
Current Projects:

Wiz

I can't imagine so Cheetah, I haven't seen anything on Dragons (Yellow let's say), Minotaurs, Flotiballs, Goblins, Chocobos (Blue let's say), Panthers, etc...

But yeah, it'd be nice to see progress on this once again and see what people come up with regardless if they're not going to be incorporated into a patch (Arena, 1.3?) as of this moment in time.

I shall concoct something for the Alma Spriting Competition soon btw :D

Barren

I know this topic died down for a while but we need to do something about the purple palettes in Arena because every now and then a black crystal pops up and glitches the game to freeze. Either you fix that error or just get rid of the purple palette altogether
You dare cross blades with me?

Wiz

The purple palette can go rot in hell (i.e. stop using 05 in the spreadsheet) :P

Speaking of which, the most recent arena.shishi file has the yellow summoner draped in purple clothing, which I'll remedy soon. Iirc, yellow and purple were switched around by accident >.>

Also, anyone like my new Avatar?

Barren

Yea man looks nice....Shrine Knight Wiz
You dare cross blades with me?