• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:11:26 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Arena: Discussion Thread (12/29/09)

Started by PX_Timefordeath, December 30, 2009, 02:34:50 am

bloodafro

I downloaded the patch and i noticed that it's not a ppf file.  Is there a certain way I'm supposed to patch it?
Barkeep: What'll you have?
Man: What do ya got?
Barkeep: Horse beer and horse soft drinks
Man: Got any horse Coke?
Barkeep: Horse Pepsi ok?
Man:  NAYYYYY!

Zaen

"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

bloodafro

Oh fuck me... I can't download that on my Mac...  thats my only issue with apple, i can't play games the way i want to..
Barkeep: What'll you have?
Man: What do ya got?
Barkeep: Horse beer and horse soft drinks
Man: Got any horse Coke?
Barkeep: Horse Pepsi ok?
Man:  NAYYYYY!

Zaen

Or at all in most cases.

The Damned

So...any progress, PX?

I'm pretty much in front of my computer 24/7 for the foreseeable future if you need someone to test something.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

logus

Quote from: "The Damned"So...any progress, PX?

I'm pretty much in front of my computer 24/7 for the foreseeable future if you need someone to test something.

I'm so envious of you D:

I take it that px is somewhat busy with school, as he is usually speaking on mirc from a library pc... perhaps he could share with you so you make the edits?
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

PX_Timefordeath

Daggers
Daggers lose +1 SP
Dagger is now 10 PA and +1 SP and 10% W-EV and Non-Two Swords able
Mythril Knife is now Poison Knife: 8 WP, 10% W-EV, Chance to poison on hit
Blind Knife is now 8 WP and 10% W-EV. On hit chance to cause Blind
Mage Masher is now 6 WP, 10% W-EV, 25% to cast Magic Ruin on hit
Platina Dagger is now Azoth Blade: 2 WP, +2 MA, 15% W-EV, 25% Chance to cast on hit a spell that deals ((MA+6)/2*MA)
Main Gauche is 7 WP and 25% W-EV
Orichalcum is now Glacial Blade: 5 WP, 10% W-EV, 25% Chance on inflicting slow
Assassin Dagger is 6 WP and 15% W-EV, Chance to cause Death Sentence on hit
Air Knives are 8 WP and 15%, W-EV Wind Element
Zorlin Shape are 7 WP and 8% W-EV, Chance to hit causes Sleep

Next

Ninja Swords
Hidden Knife is 8 WP, 0% W-EV, and Always: Transparent
Ninja Knife is dead
Short Edge is 12 WP and 0% W-EV
Ninja Edge is 10 WP and 20% W-EV
Spell Edge is 9 WP and 15% W-EV, Chance on hit inflict Don't Act
Sasuke Knife is 7 WP, 15% W-EV, +1 Speed
Iga/Koga are 7 WP, 20% W-EV

Uh... I'm not sure here. A W-EV slash by a few points, but otherwise I don't see problems.

logus

I don't think they really need to lose wp, although I admit that due to them being still a natural weapon to thieves it may be a bit strong to have two-weapons 2 short edge, due to the innate concentrate. Whatever thief can use should be a bit lower in wp than the rest, since he gets concentrate for free.

You could always make ninja unique by eliminating thieves' option to use said ninja swords but eh, seems too limiting. Guess you better slash 1-2 wp of hidden (common, free concentrate is quite good), 1-2 from short edge and maybe 1 wp from spell edge.
S3 Official Refresh Spammer

The Damned

PX, I take it the AI can see Transparent beings in the Arena hack? (EDIT: If I had taken the time to look at the first post again like I usually do before asking a question, then I would see that it can. So please disregard this. Damned sleepiness.)

Even then, Ninja Knife seems like it might be a tad overpowered.

All the ninja knives could probably stand to lose both 1 WP and some EV, if only because they're pretty much always going to be used with Two Swords. Spell Edge could probably afford to lose 2 WP or more, if only because Don't Act is really powerful.

Also, is Glacial Blade still a Dagger or is it supposed to be a sword now? I ask for both clarification and because there might be some graphical errors in the case of the latter.

Quote from: "logus"I'm so envious of you D:

It's really not something to be envious of for various reasons.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Zaen

Iga/Koga seem crappy. They're worse than everything else in the type, unless there's something hidden about them... might want to make up for the lower WP somehow?

The Damned

It just occurred to me that I keep forgetting to mention this.

PX, are you aware that giving something 0 range doesn't work by itself? That said, it seems like turning off all the attack options, i.e. lunging, striking, etc. seems to make the weapon unable to function in the same way that 0 range would.

formerdeathcorps

If you turn off all weapon options, it will function like a hybrid between a dictionary and a longbow.  Meaning the minimum range is 3, the maximum effective range is 4, the height tolerance is 3, but the display will show you able to target all panels with +/- 2 height = +/- 1 extra range even though your height tolerance forbids you from actually hitting such units.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

PX_Timefordeath

Sorry guys, but if you've been on chat you'd know that I'm bitching about my comp. It's pretty much fucked up, and I wont be able to work on this for a while. If anyone would like to pick up the work, it's all in the first post.