• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:49:54 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT Record Keeper Spell Quotes

Started by Eternal, February 03, 2017, 08:58:33 pm

Eternal

February 03, 2017, 08:58:33 pm Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 05:21:40 pm by Eternal
Hey all! Some of you may be familiar with a FF spinoff game for cell phones, called FF: Record Keeper. The basic premise is that you play as a young scholar who goes through the FF worlds and recruits FF characters into the party. The game covers all the numbered FFs and FFT up to a certain point. There was recently a limited time event involving FFT's world that allows you to recruit Orlandu, Gafgarion, et. al to the party. That aside, it also introduced something very interesting: retranslated spell quotes. In boss fights in FFT's world in RK, enemies may incant spell quotes at random, just like in FFT. These spell quotes found in RK are retranslated and are rewritten in a style much akin to Tactics Ogre PSP. Although RK doesn't have -all- of FFT's abilities and thus, we don't have all quotes translated, it does have a select few with more being added later. Thought you all would be interested, especially since these can be used in Complete and other projects. Note that the list below may indicate *MISSING* for a spell quote, indicating that the spell quote is in the game, but I wasn't strong enough in-game to get far enough in the event to see them. Considering WotL didn't have quotes, this is the first glimpse into what they'd possibly be like.

-WHITE MAGIC-

Cure: Unsullied winds of timeless life, hereby renew our falt'ring strength!
Cura: Unsullied winds of timeless life, through sky now dance and wounds make fast!
Regen: Spirit of life in all things found, dwell now in us ere all is lost!
Wall: Long-vanished light asleep below, stir now your gift and rise once more!

-BLACK MAGIC-

Fire: Shatter the stone and corpse consume, red flame now rise from earth's abode!
Fira: Long-dormant spark asleep in dust, awake red flame, the world engulf!
Firaga: Starfire asleep beneath the earth, awake and judge as is your due!
Blizzard: Breath of spirits darkness-born, knife's edge now cast on freezing wind!
Blizzara: Wind that blows through hollow sky, judge my enemies with merciless hand!
Thunder: Fulminating light on high, my blade become and rend the earth!
Thundara: Light in darkness lost, gather to me and unleash your power!

-TIME MAGIC-

Haste: Hither and yon you flit and fly, mark well time's passage swift and sure!
Slow: Incessant Time pray stay your march, bestow your grace on worthy souls!
Slowja: Obey the will of void and sky, by Providence true time abide!
Stop: O spirits steeped in Time's stern mien, from hand divine do hide us well!

-SUMMON MAGIC-

Moogle: Kupo kupo kupo, kupo! Spin 'neat the light, snow-white moogle!
Ifrit: Fires of creation, lord of flame. To ash and dust return, Ifrit!
Shiva: When last you fade on wind and light, our might become, noble Shiva!
Ramuh: Old and wise, o'er all you rule. Mete out your judgement, great Ramuh!
Titan: The earth's foundation as your force, all bonds shattered, hew and crush!
Lich: The corpse-song lifts to terror's hearth, hear now, return from Death's dark shore!
Cyclops: In lightless chill form blades of air, cut deep in flesh and bone alike!

-PUNCH ART-

Aurablast: White hot the whirling rage does burn! Its cry, a roar that knows no bounds!
Shockwave: The earth's wrath flows through my fists! You cannot hide!

-BIO-

Bio: Devour sweet flesh that brims with life, that sacred chalice fill with blight.
Biora: All life by laws divine abides, not even Death may dare defy.
Bioga: Life great and small by sin survives, cleanse now these mortals of their vice.

-DEMON MAGIC-

Unholy Darkness: Defiled air awash in blood, breathe darkness into heart of man.
Karma: By wounds still fresh and muttered curse, taste now the dish you once served!
Gigaflare: *MISSING*

-FEAR-

Ague: Dark lord trapped twixt heaven and hell, close by my side your minions keep.
Fowlheart: In mortal fear your heart beats swift, now chains of iron bind you fast.
Nightmare: In darkness sleeps our gravebound fears, in darkness cloaked it wakes and stalks.
Befuddle: Cast wide your heart to thought unbound, with neither shape nor light to guide.
Aphony: Foul words who gives to thoughts their shape, know now the fear of own thine self!
Petrify: Your future rests in hands divine, your life forfeit I hold in mine.

-DARK SWORD-

Shadowblade: To god-cursed secrets of the blade, bear witness now with your own eyes...

-HOLY SWORD-

Judgment Blade: How short sweet life, but do not mourn, from ash to ash and dust to dust!
Cleansing Strike: Lord on high or servant low, in time all men are equal made.
Northswain's Strike: The Seven ride, their shadows fall. None can escape unyielding fate!
Hollowed Bolt: Ripe trembling air suffused with pow'r, through arm upraised shine forth your light!

-UN-TRUTH-

Nether Ashura: Sword foe of your evil flames! Now burn away the foes we face...
Nether Blade: Through gust and gale, your spark ignite. Bring down your ruin, swift and sure...
Nether Maelstrom: With tears of heaven rend and tear, from this land wash all filth and drek!
Hell's Wrath: Your roar a storm, great wyrm in black. Unmatched the dread your wings portend!

EDIT: Added most of the missing spell quotes, thanks to Enlog on Reddit.

EDIT 2: 5/7/17, added Summon and Un-Truth quotes to the list.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kaijyuu

Finally, we get the only part of the game that really ought to have been written in archaic english translated.

I can't verify the accuracy of these, though.
  • Modding version: PSX