• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:19:27 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Counter pick maps

Started by CupOfOrangeJuice, May 05, 2016, 11:02:09 pm

CupOfOrangeJuice

I know I'm not that active on here, but I was wondering for the next tournament if we had counter pick maps like in smash? We could do it in a way that when you make a team you can select one small, and large counter pick map so if you lose a game the opponent is forced to play on your counter pick map. I think it would make things a bit more balanced, and give FFTArena a nice lil spin.

Barren

That would require the two players on skype or team speak to view the match. Not sure if everyone wants to do that, though that would be a question to bring up when talking about season 5
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Shintroy

Come to one of the discords discussions fatty. I wouldn't mind some map discussion especially for maps where one player automatically starts with the high ground. Some maps could use starting position changes
Some day my people will be free.

Barren

Yes. We are having one tonight at 7 PM EST
You dare cross blades with me?

Corosar

Urmm actually this could work out easier than you think. just throwing the idea out but. What if before the match both sides choose their counterpick maps?
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

CupOfOrangeJuice

"Urmm actually this could work out easier than you think. just throwing the idea out but. What if before the match both sides choose their counterpick maps?"
I was meaning to write something like this, but I think I forgot to mention it. What I meant by this was that when you enter your team you also select what maps you would like to use for games 2 and 3 if you lost the first or second game, so you'll be using the same counter pick maps for the whole tournament. And we can keep it to the same format of having one medium, small, and large map per set. So you would have to pick your maps based on that.
Ex.
My team
Counter pick maps: END, Entrance of Death city. (I don't know if these are small and large maps but you get the point)