• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:42:44 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 3 ☢ ☢ ☢

Started by CT5Holy, July 28, 2014, 04:08:02 pm

Leif1991

GG. Your high faith and fury kinda put you at a disadvantage.

I'll be seeing you next round Vigilanti.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Angelus

I thought I had a chance after round 2 but that double kill ultima and that holy was my undoing. GG vigilanti and good luck from this point forward

TristanBeoulve

"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

Zotis

Great job Barren.  I really like your new set up with the background music.  The quality was excellent.

Barren

Thanks Zotis, I feel that having background music that fits in makes the video that much more enjoyable. I'll try to get more on tonight if not tomorrow
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Quote from: Barren on July 30, 2014, 08:46:44 pm
Thanks Zotis, I feel that having background music that fits in makes the video that much more enjoyable. I'll try to get more on tonight if not tomorrow

Ohcrapohcrapohcrap

I mean, I'm looking forward to it!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Vigilanti

Ayase Kishimoto was freaking sexy with her holy spells. LOL. But still fun match. GG Angelus. I hope I have the same luck next round

Good luck to you Leif!

skiploom188

After looking at y'all teams, my chances of getting through the first round is now...

0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

Nice team builds guys, wish I had that skill :(
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542
======================================================================

Zotis

Excellent match!  I was rooting for you Reks.  That first round made me cringe, but good job on the comback.  It was a really close match.

Nice try RedWorld.  You put up a good fight, but that damage output was just too much.  I hope you fare better in the underworld.

Reks

Took a while to get my words together for this

If my previous post was any notification, I was extremely nervous about this match.

Looking at Shadow's team before, just about all of his units could bypass Luke's evasion, I'd figured that Azra would easily be downed without doing much, and I didn't think that Cynthia and Reksalya (pronounced Reks-al-Yuh) would do so well.

The first match proved that they'll do poorly when placed too close to the opponent with no obstructions, but the larger maps grant more room to play with, and it's in those that I believe I have an advantage in.

That third match was -the- reason I participate in ARENA: Fast, hectic, back and forth, and you just do not know who will win. Barren even sounded excited for it!

So GG, Shadowstrike! I hope you can do well in the Netherworld!

*looks at his next opponent* *gulps*

Eternal

Good luck to all the teams! May my death be as flashy as ever!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Malroth

More predictions

Darkangelz team doesn't impress me, He's got a lot of Female melee units and doing nothing to take advantage of the few commands
that work better from a female user, he's also got a mono elemental summon magic user targeting one of the more common resistances
Whitebox's team has its share of problems mostly his lack of hard rez and healing but at least he's offensively solid.
I expect WhiteBox will win this one.

Zotis is running an unfocused Status team with a moderate amount of recovery power but little direct offence or lethal statuses while
Domie V is also running a status based offence on anotherwise well balanced team,  Expect a very long matchup  only 1 unit on each side is even remotely specced as a damage dealer and both teams are relying on piling on nonlethal statuses to gain a turn advantage.
My prediction on the Winner is Domie V.  He has hard rez, more lethal status effects and faster support units as well as the best
damage dealer in the match.

Eternal is running a 2 fighter/2 mage direct damage team with lots of AOE and elemental Resistance while TristanBelouve has
a squad of all squishy warrior types with 70 faith. This is the best possible opponent for Eternal's team dispite the lack
of active skills on his Squire or his suboptimal damage setups on his wizard and archer, 70 faith across the board with no magical
defenses to speak of means Black magic and Lore will deal huge damge numbers to TristanBelouve's team and a swift leathal victory.

Barren's team is a well balanced squad of proven concepts that have faired quite well in previous tournaments with
heavy direct damage, Unevadable non faith based Magic AOE, Hard Rez, high accuracy status effects,and Time magic.
Truelight has a nearly Identical team down to giving their main damage dealer Stigmamagic but no Chakra to tweak AI
Priority from Healing to Offence.  This match could really diserve to be in the Finals both teams are brilliant
and unbelivebly small details in starting position and the RNG will make a huge difference in the outcomes,  If i
have to choose I'd say Truelight has a very slight edge due to Stone gun Mediators being bulkier and more versitile
than Katar zombie thieves but this will probably be the closest match in the 1st round if not the whole tournament
and I would not count out the possibility of these two fighting again in the finals.

Celdia

*checks Malroth's earlier predictions against the Round 1 results thus far*

...I haven't got a snowball's chance in hell against you, have I?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

The Damned

August 01, 2014, 11:13:12 am #34 Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:20:48 am by The Damned
(Hmmm...it would seem that I'm still unable to comment directly to Youtube as I have been since about the beginning of the year. Weird.)

Ugh. First a bunch of spiders in my room and now a bunch of damn ants in my bathroom. This week has certainly been...annoying.

That said, I'm caught up on the one bright spot of it, so I'll just put my comments on the forum. First and foremost, thanks as always for the videos, Barren.

Next, forgive me if my rambling is slightly more off than usual between my having watched the first two rounds a couple of days ago when they went up and being slightly more tired than usual as I type this.

(Vigilanti)
Team: Harem
Palettes: White/Red

================================

Aki
Male
Capricorn
Paladin
Jump
Dragon Spirit
Maintenance
Move-HP Up
Defender

Barbuta
Carabini Mail
Leather Mantle

Nurse, Transfusion, Iron Will
Level Jump6, Vertical Jump8

Aoi
Female
Taurus
Geomancer
Draw Out
Counter Flood
Magic Attack UP
Move+1
Rune Blade
Escutcheon II
Holy Miter
Earth Clothes
Magic Gauntlet

Local Quake
Bizen Boat, Murasame, Kikuichimonji, Masamune, Chirijiraden

Asuna
Female
Taurus
Chemist
Talk Skill
Auto Potion
Defense UP
Teleport
Main Gauche

Thief Hat
Wizard Outfit
Defense Ring

Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down
Blackmail, Death Sentence, Refute, Insult, Mimic Daravon

Ayase
Female
Virgo
Squire
White Magic
Damage Split
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Wizard Rod
Aegis Shield
Golden Hairpin
Wizard Robe
Genji Gauntlet

Ultima
Cure 3, Raise 2, Protect 2, Shell 2, Esuna, Holy

Vs.

(Angelus)
Team: Season 3
Palettes: Green/White

Shinobi
Male
Pisces
Ninja
Punch Art
Damage Split
Overwhelm
Move-MP Up
Hidden Knife
Ninja Knife
Golden Hairpin
Power Sleeve
Cursed Ring

Meiton
Secret Fist, Stigma Magic, Revive

Shogun
Female
Virgo
Samurai
Steal
MA Save
Magic Attack UP
Move+1
Kiyomori

Circlet
Diamond Armor
108 Gems

Asura, Koutetsu, Bizen Boat, Murasame, Heaven's Cloud, Muramasa, Kikuichimonji
Quickening, Steal Heart, Steal Accessry

Potz
Male
Pisces
Chemist
Snipe
Auto Potion
Defense UP
Move-HP Up
Romanda Gun

Thief Hat
Black Costume
Cherche

Hi-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down
Leg Aim, Arm Aim, Head Break, Armor Break, Shield Break, Weapon Break

Evenflow
Female
Virgo
Time Mage
Summon Magic
Absorb MP
Short Charge
Pilgrimage
H Bag

Black Hood
Robe of Lords
N-Kai Armlet

Haste 2, Slow 2, Stop, Sinkhole
Moogle, Fairy, Carbunkle, Lich

Hunh. I hadn't realized that Vigilanti is also the person to be using the only Knight's Sword in this tournament. That Paladin looks rather...problematic just on a defensive evasion level.

That said, sir knight sure didn't really do much of anything but support given all the damage that all the other units were doing, even if he did manage to off the Undead Ninja in round 1 after the doomed guy got Don't Acted. The Paladin didn't even bother Jump once given he was basically otherwise always busy healing, though that's not necessarily a bad thing outside of Transfusion sort of bleeding him dry.

As for everyone else, they tried their best to break each others' faces. Well, aside from Potz, who was of course mostly just support and got screwed over early in two rounds anyway. As far as damage goes, I must admit that I was only really surprised by how much damage Shinobi was doing with Meiton given everyone on Vigilanti has average (55) or more Faith. He was even doing quite a bit of damage to Ayase the Squire, though I only just recently realized that they have Best compatibility, so that's a large part of it.

As far as rounds, well, the first, small map could have gone either way in my opinion since they both have heavily damaging Samurai. Vigilanti just got rather fortunate off the bat with that Death Sentence and it just kinda steamrolled from there.

The second map was more predictable since it makes sense that Angelus has at least the slight advantage on longer maps between having a gunner, Lich, Kikuichimoji and an Undead Ninja. Still, it was rather close for most of that match.

The third map though...that was pretty much just decided by everyone "smartly" lining up to get hit by Kikuichimoji followed by that beautiful Ultima. I swear, it's like someone always gets utterly destroyed on that Dorter map.

(Winterfractal)
Palettes: Black/White

Scarlett
Male
Leo
Archer
Steal
Awareness
Concentrate
Move+1
Ice Bow

Thief Hat
Black Costume
Feather Mantle

Arm Aim, Shield Break, Weapon Break
Steal Heart

John
Male
Leo
Archer
Ninjitsu
Abandon
Attack UP
Teleport
Lightning Bow

Flash Hat
Brigandine
Leather Mantle

Leg Aim, Execute, Head Break, Armor Break
Kagesougi

Tuck
Male
Sagittarius
Chemist
Talk Skill
Auto Potion
Defense UP
Move-HP Up
Stone Gun

Black Hood
Rubber Costume
Wizard Mantle

Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down
Death Sentence, Mimic Daravon

Marion
Female
Aries
Priest
Yin Yang Magic
Regenerator
Magic Defend UP
Move-MP Up
Healing Staff

Golden Hairpin
Robe of Lords
Elf Mantle

Cure 3, Raise, Esuna
Paralyze, Petrify

Vs.

(Leif1991)
Team: The Green Thieves
Palettes: Green/Brown

Malachite
Male
Virgo
Time Mage
White Magic
Dragon Spirit
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
H Bag

Black Hood
Linen Robe
Defense Ring

Haste 2, Slow 2, Don't Move, Comet, Sinkhole, Balance
Cure 2, Cure 3, Cure 4, Raise, Wall, Esuna

Mint
Female
Virgo
Mediator
Draw Out
Finger Guard
Magic Defend UP
Move-HP Up
Orichalcum

Thief Hat
White Robe
Cherche

Blackmail, Refute, Insult, Mimic Daravon
Murasame, Kiyomori, Masamune

Myrtle
Female
Taurus
Thief
Item
Abandon
Two Swords
Teleport
Hidden Knife
Repel Knife
Flash Hat
Black Costume
Cursed Ring

Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Ether, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Mantis
Male
Capricorn
Archer
Punch Art
Projectile Guard
Magic Attack UP
Pilgrimage
Blaze Gun
Kaiser Plate
Green Beret
Brigandine
Setiemson

Leg Aim, Arm Aim, Seal Evil, Head Break, Armor Break, Shield Break
Stigma Magic, Revive

To be blunt, Winterfractal's team is heavily flawed on quite a few fronts, though I've certainly made (many) worse teams myself. Besides the unnecessarily high faith as pointed out by Barren and the typical problems with Stone Gun's user potentially not being healed, especially if there's only one Petrify-healer on the team, his (?) team's offense is almost entirely based on projectiles. Even with Projectile Guard being limited to one unit, he can easily be screwed over it i if--well, more like when--his non-Priest units choose to focus on it.

This is basically part of what doomed him in the second round given that while using projectile weapons, the AI seems to have a weird tendency to focus on the Projectile Guard unit, especially if it's the unit with lowest HP or simply, unfortunately the nearest. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have screwed around even more and made an all-Bow team--no guns--myself.

Leif1991 getting rather fortunate with the Repel Knife procs--nice to see more confirmation that it's working as it should--didn't help Winterfractal either.

That said, for all its flaws, Winterfractal's team should do at least slightly better against Angelus's team in "the underworld" for the simple fact that no one Angelus's team has projectile guard. Stone Gun does still hurt quite a bit when it gets to go off and, on top of that, Winterfractal's weirdly high team Faith makes Meiton a lot less valuable in that match-up.

(Shadowstrike)
Palettes: Black/Red

G
Male
Leo
Monk
Snipe
Damage Split
Martial Arts
Move+1
FS Bag

Chakra Band
Power Sleeve
108 Gems

Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Wave Fist, Earth Slash, Secret Fist, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Arm Aim, Head Break, Armor Break, Shield Break, Weapon Break

Comere
Female
Gemini
Dancer
Chivalry
HP Restore
Concentrate
Float
Tactician's Blade

Twist Headband
Brigandine
Bracer

Iron Will, Reraise, Southern Cross

Go Hard!
Male
Libra
Thief
Item
Dragon Spirit
Two Swords
Move-HP Up
Hidden Knife
Ancient Sword
Flash Hat
Earth Clothes
Cherche

X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

T
Female
Aquarius
Priest
Time Magic
Counter Flood
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Wizard Staff

Golden Hairpin
Robe of Lords
Diamond Armlet

Cure 3, Raise 2, Esuna, Holy
Haste 2, Slow 2, Comet, Sinkhole

Vs.

(Reks)

Luke
Male
Taurus
Squire
Steal
Abandon
Defense UP
Move-HP Up
Hunting Bow
Escutcheon II
Green Beret
Santa Outfit
Feather Mantle

Throw Stone, Heal, Wish
Bad Luck, Quickening, Steal Heart, Steal Accessry

Cynthia
Female
Capricorn
Samurai
Lore
MP Restore
Magic Attack UP
Pilgrimage
Chirijiraden

Cross Helmet
Linen Robe
Magic Ring

Bizen Boat, Murasame, Masamune, Chirijiraden
Tornado, Quake

Azra
Female
Virgo
Dancer
Jump
PA Save
Equip Polearm
Warpath
Dragon Whisker

Twist Headband
Black Costume
Cursed Ring

Reksalya
Female
Virgo
Priest
Time Magic
Counter Flood
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Wizard Staff

Thief Hat
White Robe
Setiemson

Cure 4, Raise, Regen, Protect 2, Shell 2, Esuna
Haste 2, Slow 2, Don't Move, Comet, Sinkhole

I'll admit that I'm a bit surprised that Reks won here, if only because he tends to have bad luck and got utterly mauled that first match. Well, that and I was surprised by just how much the once-crappy Don't Move spell determined the difference in that very close final round. This especially since Luke the Squire wasn't achieving his goal of Don't Move (or much else) half of the time.

Speaking of Luke, I find it extremely odd that he kept going for the risky Steal Heart rather than the sure Throw Stone. Then again, even with its CT nerf from a while ago, I'm pretty sure that AI still realizes how potentially powerful Charm be. Well, at least if the Charmed unit doesn't have Esuna or Stigma Magic and nothing pressing that it feels like it has to do.

Regardless, it was a valiant effort by Shadowstrike's team, which I think is more than decently made for the most part, though Snipe on the Monk seems...kinda worthless to be honest. Oh well. Maybe that will prove a worthwhile choice in the Underworld against Redworld.

(Mallen)
Palettes: Brown/Black

Malibu Monk
Male
Libra
Monk
Ninjitsu
PA Save
Martial Arts
Warpath
FS Bag

Chakra Band
Power Sleeve
Diamond Armlet

Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Wave Fist, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Shuriken

Liquor Lancer
Male
Aquarius
Lancer
Sing
Auto Potion
Maintenance
Fly
Obelisk
Genji Shield
Cross Helmet
Carabini Mail
Battle Boots

Life Song, Battle Song

Drunken Dancer
Female
Sagittarius
Dancer
Chivalry
MP Restore
Attack UP
Move-HP Up
Ice Brand

Twist Headband
Santa Outfit
Angel Ring

Wiznaibus, Polka Polka
Iron Will, Grand Cross

Patroni Paladin
Male
Gemini
Paladin
White Magic
Counter
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Battle Axe
Escutcheon II
Crystal Helmet
Robe of Lords
Dracula Mantle

Nurse, Reraise
Raise 2, Protect 2, Shell 2, Esuna

Vs.

(RedWorld)
Palettes: Red/Black

Aerith
Female
Virgo
Wizard
Summon Magic
Counter Magic
Magic Attack UP
Teleport
C Bag

Golden Hairpin
Silk Robe
Magic Ring

Nether Fire, Nether Bolt, Nether Ice, Nether Water
Moogle, Fairy, Carbunkle, Odin, Cyclops, Zodiac

Serenity
Female
Virgo
Scholar
White Magic
Absorb MP
Overwhelm
Move-HP Up
Ivory Rod

Green Beret
Robe of Lords
Reflect Ring

Mad Science, Bio 2
Cure 2, Raise, Esuna, Dia, Holy

Rosario
Male
Pisces
Mediator
White Magic
Auto Potion
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
P Bag

Thief Hat
Chameleon Robe
Defense Ring

Raise 2, Protect 2, Shell 2

Chelle
Female
Virgo
Oracle
Time Magic
MP Restore
Equip Shield
Pilgrimage
Octagon Rod
Aegis Shield
Holy Miter
Light Robe
Dracula Mantle

Silence Song, Blind Rage, Paralyze, Sleep, Petrify
Haste 2, Slow 2, Sinkhole, Balance

This was rather painful to watch, though that's not because RedWorld's team is poorly made or anything. It was painful partly because most of Mallen's team hits really hard, partly because it got dragged out by all the revival RedWorld's team has and partly because it likely calls forward what's going to happen to my team versus spacetyphoon. The latter especially since I have less damaging offense, especially a range, than RedWorld and that didn't help her (?) much, though she was stuck in rez loops for most of the match, so....

Then again, it's always painful to see someone fight a clearly losing struggle against the poison of alcohol. Also not looking forward to my Oracle doing the same stupid thing with Paralyzing a Sleeping target rather than trying to Petrify it.

Despite this going the way I thought it would from the outset, there were a few surprising things here. I'm surprised that Blind Rage didn't get a chance to horrifically backfire in the first round. I'm surprised that Wiznaibus was actually kind useful, if only because Poison so utterly screws over mages. And I'm surprised that Rosario the Mediator used the correct barrier in the second round. I have to wonder if the A.I. picked Protect 2 on a whim or just because Protect 2 comes before Shell 2 in the ability list. It's still such a shame that AI is rather blind to playing appropriate defense with the respective barriers since it still clearly can't see ahead with regards to anything that isn't on the CT list or base weapon range.

All that said, RedWorld's match against Shadowstrike should be much closer than this was rather than "just" prolonged. [/spolier]

Also, it might just be me, but I was assuming that RedWorld's Oracle name's "Chelle" was just pronounced like "shell". Essentially "Michelle" without the "mi".

Shrug.

P.S. Please save me from Bug types. Where art thou, Chandelure?

P.P.S. Not sure why I suddenly can't have this outside of spoilers. Hmmm.....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Xifanie

Could you PLEASE record your videos in 4:3? The game was meant to be displayed in 4:3, not 16:9 dammit. It screws up all the proportions. My laptop runs at 1680x1050, which isn't pure 16:9, so I end up with black borders at the top and bottom while 4:3 displays nicely from the top to the bottom edges of my screen.

Here's what it looks to me in fullscreen:

FFT Arena S3
Video I uploaded in January 2014

The first one just looks -so- wrong.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

TristanBeoulve

Lol Malroth. I suppose my team isn't a very good team, possibly due to the fact that I did zero testing. I think next time around I'll be more prepared. I'm not going down without a fight, though.  ;) (I also only took about a day to devise my team, so bad preparation + non-existent testing = Time to get stomped into the ground.) Still, good luck to everybody's teams, and I sure hope I at least get through a few rounds in the loser's bracket.
"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"

Anima Zero

Quote from: TristanBeoulve on August 01, 2014, 11:52:24 am
Lol Malroth. I suppose my team isn't a very good team, possibly due to the fact that I did zero testing. I think next time around I'll be more prepared. I'm not going down without a fight, though.  ;) (I also only took about a day to devise my team, so bad preparation + non-existent testing = Time to get stomped into the ground.) Still, good luck to everybody's teams, and I sure hope I at least get through a few rounds in the loser's bracket.

Well now, I don't feel so bad about taking a day to make my team as well, heh.  I took a look at my Paladin and I'm just facepalming at the screwup I have on it with his current setup.  Oh well, too late to change it now.  It's my bed and I'm going to be sleeping in it for this tourney.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Barren

I did do the next two matches in 16:9 xifanie and its already ready to be uploaded but for now on I will reduce it to 4:3 so that way no one else should have the issue of seeing black bars on their screen for those who don't have resolution to see it in HD
You dare cross blades with me?

Reks

Quote from: The Damned on August 01, 2014, 11:13:12 am
(Hmmm...it would seem that I'm still unable to comment directly to Youtube as I have been since about the beginning of the year. Weird.)

Ugh. First a bunch of spiders in my room and now a bunch of damn ants in my bathroom. This week has certainly been...annoying.

That said, I'm caught up on the one bright spot of it, so I'll just put my comments on the forum. First and foremost, thanks as always for the videos, Barren.

Next, forgive me if my rambling is slightly more off than usual between my having watched the first two rounds a couple of days ago when they went up and being slightly more tired than usual as I type this.

(Vigilanti)
Team: Harem
Palettes: White/Red

Aki
Male
Capricorn
Paladin
Jump
Dragon Spirit
Maintenance
Move-HP Up
Defender

Barbuta
Carabini Mail
Leather Mantle

Nurse, Transfusion, Iron Will

Aoi
Female
Taurus
Geomancer
Draw Out
Counter Flood
Magic Attack UP
Move+1
Rune Blade
Escutcheon II
Holy Miter
Earth Clothes
Magic Gauntlet

Local Quake
Bizen Boat, Murasame, Kikuichimonji, Masamune, Chirijiraden

Asuna
Female
Taurus
Chemist
Talk Skill
Auto Potion
Defense UP
Teleport
Main Gauche

Thief Hat
Wizard Outfit
Defense Ring

Ayase
Female
Virgo
Squire
White Magic
Damage Split
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Wizard Rod
Aegis Shield
Golden Hairpin
Wizard Robe
Genji Gauntlet

Ultima
Cure 3, Raise 2, Protect 2, Shell 2, Esuna, Holy

Vs.

(Angelus)
Palettes: Green/White

Shinobi
Male
Pisces
Ninja
Punch Art
Damage Split
Overwhelm
Move-MP Up
Hidden Knife
Ninja Knife
Golden Hairpin
Power Sleeve
Cursed Ring

Meiton
Secret Fist, Stigma Magic, Revive

Shogun
Female
Virgo
Samurai
Steal
MA Save
Magic Attack UP
Move+1
Kiyomori

Circlet
Diamond Armor
108 Gems

Asura, Koutetsu, Bizen Boat, Murasame, Heaven's Cloud, Muramasa, Kikuichimonji

Potz
Male
Pisces
Chemist
Snipe
Auto Potion
Defense UP
Move-HP Up
Romanda Gun

Thief Hat
Black Costume
Cherche

Hi-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down
Leg Aim, Arm Aim, Head Break, Armor Break, Shield Break, Weapon Break

Evenflow
Female
Virgo
Time Mage
Summon Magic
Absorb MP
Short Charge
Pilgrimage
H Bag

Black Hood
Robe of Lords
N-Kai Armlet

Haste 2, Slow 2, Stop, Sinkhole
Moogle, Fairy, Carbunkle, Lich

Hunh. I hadn't realized that Vigilanti is also the person to be using the only Knight's Sword in this tournament. That Paladin looks rather...problematic just on a defensive evasion level.

That said, sir knight sure didn't really do much of anything but support given all the damage that all the other units were doing, even if he did manage to off the Undead Ninja in round 1 after the doomed guy got Don't Acted. The Paladin didn't even bother Jump once given he was basically otherwise always busy healing, though that's not necessarily a bad thing outside of Transfusion sort of bleeding him dry.

As for everyone else, they tried their best to break each others' faces. Well, aside from Potz, who was of course mostly just support and got screwed over early in two rounds anyway. As far as damage goes, I must admit that I was only really surprised by how much damage Shinobi was doing with Meiton given everyone on Vigilanti has average (55) or more Faith. He was even doing quite a bit of damage to Ayase the Squire, though I only just recently realized that they have Best compatibility, so that's a large part of it.

As far as rounds, well, the first, small map could have gone either way in my opinion since they both have heavily damaging Samurai. Vigilanti just got rather fortunate off the bat with that Death Sentence and it just kinda steamrolled from there.

The second map was more predictable since it makes sense that Angelus has at least the slight advantage on longer maps between having a gunner, Lich, Kikuichimoji and an Undead Ninja. Still, it was rather close for most of that match.

The third map though...that was pretty much just decided by everyone "smartly" lining up to get hit by Kikuichimoji followed by that beautiful Ultima. I swear, it's like someone always gets utterly destroyed on that Dorter map.

(Winterfractal)

Scarlett
Male
Leo
Archer
Steal
Awareness
Concentrate
Move+1
Ice Bow

Thief Hat
Black Costume
Feather Mantle

Arm Aim, Shield Break, Weapon Break
Steal Heart

John
Male
Leo
Archer
Ninjitsu
Abandon
Attack UP
Teleport
Lightning Bow

Flash Hat
Brigandine
Leather Mantle

Leg Aim, Execute, Head Break, Armor Break
Kagesougi

Tuck
Male
Sagittarius
Chemist
Talk Skill
Auto Potion
Defense UP
Move-HP Up
Stone Gun

Black Hood
Rubber Costume
Wizard Mantle

Death Sentence, Mimic Daravon

Marion
Female
Aries
Priest
Yin Yang Magic
Regenerator
Magic Defend UP
Move-MP Up
Healing Staff

Golden Hairpin
Robe of Lords
Elf Mantle

Cure 3, Raise, Esuna
Paralyze, Petrify

Vs.

(Leif1991)
Team: The Green Thieves
Palettes: Green/Brown

Malachite
Male
Virgo
Time Mage
White Magic
Dragon Spirit
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
H Bag

Black Hood
Linen Robe
Defense Ring

Haste 2, Slow 2, Don't Move, Comet, Sinkhole, Balance
Cure 2, Cure 3, Cure 4, Raise, Wall, Esuna

Mint
Female
Virgo
Mediator
Draw Out
Finger Guard
Magic Defend UP
Move-HP Up
Orichalcum

Thief Hat
White Robe
Cherche

Blackmail, Refute, Insult, Mimic Daravon
Murasame, Kiyomori, Masamune

Myrtle
Female
Taurus
Thief
Item
Abandon
Two Swords
Teleport
Hidden Knife
Repel Knife
Flash Hat
Black Costume
Cursed Ring

Hi-Potion, X-Potion, Ether, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

Mantis
Male
Capricorn
Archer
Punch Art
Projectile Guard
Magic Attack UP
Pilgrimage
Blaze Gun
Kaiser Plate
Green Beret
Brigandine
Setiemson

Leg Aim, Arm Aim, Seal Evil, Head Break, Armor Break, Shield Break
Stigma Magic, Revive

To be blunt, Winterfractal's team is heavily flawed on quite a few fronts, though I've certainly made (many) worse teams myself. Besides the unnecessarily high faith as pointed out by Barren and the typical problems with Stone Gun's user potentially not being healed, especially if there's only one Petrify-healer on the team, his (?) team's offense is almost entirely based on projectiles. Even with Projectile Guard being limited to one unit, he can easily be screwed over it i if--well, more like when--his non-Priest units choose to focus on it.

This is basically part of what doomed him in the second round given that while using projectile weapons, the AI seems to have a weird tendency to focus on the Projectile Guard unit, especially if it's the unit with lowest HP or simply, unfortunately the nearest. If it wasn't for that, I probably would have screwed around even more and made an all-Bow team--no guns--myself.

Leif1991 getting rather fortunate with the Repel Knife procs--nice to see more confirmation that it's working as it should--didn't help Winterfractal either.

That said, for all its flaws, Winterfractal's team should do at least slightly better against Angelus's team in "the underworld" for the simple fact that no one Angelus's team has projectile guard. Stone Gun does still hurt quite a bit when it gets to go off and, on top of that, Winterfractal's weirdly high team Faith makes Meiton a lot less valuable in that match-up.

(Shadowstrike)
Palettes: Black/Red

G
Male
Leo
Monk
Snipe
Damage Split
Martial Arts
Move+1
FS Bag

Chakra Band
Power Sleeve
108 Gems

Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Wave Fist, Earth Slash, Secret Fist, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Arm Aim, Head Break, Armor Break, Shield Break, Weapon Break

Comere
Female
Gemini
Dancer
Chivalry
HP Restore
Concentrate
Float
Tactician's Blade

Twist Headband
Brigandine
Bracer

Iron Will, Reraise, Southern Cross

Go Hard!
Male
Libra
Thief
Item
Dragon Spirit
Two Swords
Move-HP Up
Hidden Knife
Ancient Sword
Flash Hat
Earth Clothes
Cherche

X-Potion, Hi-Ether, Antidote, Chrono's Tear, Echo Grass, Maiden's Kiss, Soft, Holy Water, Bandage, Phoenix Down

T
Female
Aquarius
Priest
Time Magic
Counter Flood
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Wizard Staff

Golden Hairpin
Robe of Lords
Diamond Armlet

Cure 3, Raise 2, Esuna, Holy
Haste 2, Slow 2, Comet, Sinkhole

Vs.

(Reks)

Luke
Male
Taurus
Squire
Steal
Abandon
Defense UP
Move-HP Up
Hunting Bow
Escutcheon II
Green Beret
Santa Outfit
Feather Mantle

Throw Stone, Heal, Wish
Bad Luck, Quickening, Steal Heart, Steal Accessry

Cynthia
Female
Capricorn
Samurai
Lore
MP Restore
Magic Attack UP
Pilgrimage
Chirijiraden

Cross Helmet
Linen Robe
Magic Ring

Bizen Boat, Murasame, Masamune, Chirijiraden
Tornado, Quake

Azra
Female
Virgo
Dancer
Jump
PA Save
Equip Polearm
Warpath
Dragon Whisker

Twist Headband
Black Costume
Cursed Ring

Reksalya
Female
Virgo
Priest
Time Magic
Counter Flood
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Wizard Staff

Thief Hat
White Robe
Setiemson

Cure 4, Raise, Regen, Protect 2, Shell 2, Esuna
Haste 2, Slow 2, Don't Move, Comet, Sinkhole

I'll admit that I'm a bit surprised that Reks won here, if only because he tends to have bad luck and got utterly mauled that first match. Well, that and I was surprised by just how much the once-crappy Don't Move spell determined the difference in that very close final round. This especially since Luke the Squire wasn't achieving his goal of Don't Move (or much else) half of the time.

Speaking of Luke, I find it extremely odd that he kept going for the risky Steal Heart rather than the sure Throw Stone. Then again, even with its CT nerf from a while ago, I'm pretty sure that AI still realizes how potentially powerful Charm be. Well, at least if the Charmed unit doesn't have Esuna or Stigma Magic and nothing pressing that it feels like it has to do.

Regardless, it was a valiant effort by Shadowstrike's team, which I think is more than decently made for the most part, though Snipe on the Monk seems...kinda worthless to be honest. Oh well. Maybe that will prove a worthwhile choice in the Underworld against Redworld.

(Mallen)
Palettes: Brown/Black

Malibu Monk
Male
Libra
Monk
Ninjitsu
PA Save
Martial Arts
Warpath
FS Bag

Chakra Band
Power Sleeve
Diamond Armlet

Spin Fist, Repeating Fist, Wave Fist, Stigma Magic, Chakra, Revive
Shuriken

Liquor Lancer
Male
Aquarius
Lancer
Sing
Auto Potion
Maintenance
Fly
Obelisk
Genji Shield
Cross Helmet
Carabini Mail
Battle Boots

Life Song, Battle Song

Drunken Dancer
Female
Sagittarius
Dancer
Chivalry
MP Restore
Attack UP
Move-HP Up
Ice Brand

Twist Headband
Santa Outfit
Angel Ring

Wiznaibus, Polka Polka
Iron Will, Grand Cross

Patroni Paladin
Male
Gemini
Paladin
White Magic
Counter
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
Battle Axe
Escutcheon II
Crystal Helmet
Robe of Lords
Dracula Mantle

Nurse, Reraise
Raise 2, Protect 2, Shell 2, Esuna

Vs.

(RedWorld)
Palettes: Red/Black

Aerith
Female
Virgo
Wizard
Summon Magic
Counter Magic
Magic Attack UP
Teleport
C Bag

Golden Hairpin
Silk Robe
Magic Ring

Nether Fire, Nether Bolt, Nether Ice, Nether Water
Moogle, Fairy, Carbunkle, Odin, Cyclops, Zodiac

Serenity
Female
Virgo
Scholar
White Magic
Absorb MP
Overwhelm
Move-HP Up
Ivory Rod

Green Beret
Robe of Lords
Reflect Ring

Mad Science, Bio 2
Cure 2, Raise, Esuna, Dia, Holy

Rosario
Male
Pisces
Mediator
White Magic
Auto Potion
Short Charge
Move-MP Up
P Bag

Thief Hat
Chameleon Robe
Defense Ring

Raise 2, Protect 2, Shell 2

Chelle
Female
Virgo
Oracle
Time Magic
MP Restore
Equip Shield
Pilgrimage
Octagon Rod
Aegis Shield
Holy Miter
Light Robe
Dracula Mantle

Silence Song, Blind Rage, Paralyze, Sleep, Petrify
Haste 2, Slow 2, Sinkhole, Balance

This was rather painful to watch, though that's not because RedWorld's team is poorly made or anything. It was painful partly because most of Mallen's team hits really hard, partly because it got dragged out by all the revival RedWorld's team has and partly because it likely calls forward what's going to happen to my team versus spacetyphoon. The latter especially since I have less damaging offense, especially a range, than RedWorld and that didn't help her (?) much, though she was stuck in rez loops for most of the match, so....

Then again, it's always painful to see someone fight a clearly losing struggle against the poison of alcohol. Also not looking forward to my Oracle doing the same stupid thing with Paralyzing a Sleeping target rather than trying to Petrify it.

Despite this going the way I thought it would from the outset, there were a few surprising things here. I'm surprised that Blind Rage didn't get a chance to horrifically backfire in the first round. I'm surprised that Wiznaibus was actually kind useful, if only because Poison so utterly screws over mages. And I'm surprised that Rosario the Mediator used the correct barrier in the second round. I have to wonder if the A.I. picked Protect 2 on a whim or just because Protect 2 comes before Shell 2 in the ability list. It's still such a shame that AI is rather blind to playing appropriate defense with the respective barriers since it still clearly can't see ahead with regards to anything that isn't on the CT list or base weapon range.

All that said, RedWorld's match against Shadowstrike should be much closer than this was rather than "just" prolonged. [/spolier]

Also, it might just be me, but I was assuming that RedWorld's Oracle name's "Chelle" was just pronounced like "shell". Essentially "Michelle" without the "mi".

Shrug.

P.S. Please save me from Bug types. Where art thou, Chandelure?

P.P.S. Not sure why I suddenly can't have this outside of spoilers. Hmmm.....

I missed your longer takes and opinion on matches. I look forward to them, actually.