• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:33:38 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Patch Proposals/Ideas Thread

Started by Dominic NY18, February 14, 2009, 01:59:21 pm

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "Zaen"Yep, monsters have their own basic attacks. Choco Attack, Tackle, Tentacle, Dash, etc.

Though, with a bit of tomfoolery you can set them all to a single skill and set it to Formula 2D, which should work fine if Fists have WP, I think.

Speaking of.

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"Fists.

...Scale both PA and WP bilaterally?

As long as you pay attention to what the highest PA mult and growth sum out to be, and combine it with the highest PA boosting gear and 70 Br, you can test out damage vs HP and as such scale Fist damage in the exact same way you can scale Weapon damage.

The only problem scaling-wise is Two Swords Fisticuffs (regardless of whether the unit has Innate Martial Arts or not), but this can be addressed based on how you assemble your class structure.

The Damned

Since we're speaking of monsters, this reminds me that I forgot to mention that using Wing Attack for Panthers make it look like they're humping their enemies' heads. If they moved around less erratically, it would look like a fine pounce attack, but right now they look like they're in heat.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Zaen

Make that their monster skill ability? xD
"Oh, God!! The Hokuten!!" ~Guard, Sand Rat Cellar

Timbo

Um, where have you guys been?  I created the flying Teabag for panthers months ago.  How about a little credit?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

SilvasRuin

I'm too lazy to create a patch just to see that.  Someone want to make a video?  XD

ffta707

Ooh, some one should make a western patch. With jobs like, bandit, outlaw, and change a chocobo to a horse. It would defeat the purpose of anything to do with final fantasy. It could be like red dead redemption.

scatttman

i have an idea like FFT: Origins, the story of the zodiac braves when they defeat the lucavi with ajora glabados as theyr leader and protagonist of the story
based on the 12 warriors that defeat the lucavi i already have a char for every zodiac sign and they are going to be ancestors of characater in FFT
the ancestor of lavian will be the zodiac brave of aries and be a white knight (job) (lover of ajora)
ovelia's for taurus and remain as princess (job)
elmdor's for gemini as an arc knight (job)
zalbag's for cancer as an ark knight (job) (partner of elmdor's ancester and both disciple of orlandu's ancester)
vormav's for leo as divine knight (job) (and foe of orlandu's ancester)
ajora for virgo as saint (job)
mustadio's for libra as master enginer (job) ( and creator of worker 8 )
orlandu's as sword saint for scorpio
delita's as holy knight for sagittarius
rad's as dark knight for capricorn
for aquiarius i thinked in use the machine that brings cloud to fft universe since cloud its aquarius so the zodiac brave for aquiarius its cloud and have amnesia
reis's acestor for pisces as dragoner with a holy dragon pet
and optionaly elidibis's ancestro as serpentarius with the zodiac mage job

what i would like its have 12 1vs1 battles between the zodiac braves and respective lucavi
and in the end ajora betrays everyone

Archael

I'm working on a SC2 mod and I have all the FFT jobs used (yes even the special ones)

Does anyone have any job ideas that they consider creative and/or unique? Jobs / classes that aren't found in RPG's / action games normally?

Send them my way please. Rough description of what the class role is is enough.

CTS413

I had an idea for a new patch with new jobs and skills but i would need help on making it. Soo if u like it and would maybe want to help let me know.

for Jobs

JOBS:

Warrior (squire)
Rush
First aid- Cure status ailment, and cures small amount of hp
fire-
rage- plus 3 PA, minus 25% health
take a stand- enter defend (support perk)
warrior walk- Move +1, Jump +1, Speed -1 (movement perk)
counter (counter perk)

Can equip blunt, swords, daggers. Can wear Heavy Armor, no Helmet

Alchemist (chemist)

potion- cures 30 hp
Hi-potion- cures 70 hp
Grand potion- cures 150 hp
Hp-Restore- fully restores hp
Full-Restore- Fully restores hp and mp to the max
Pheonix Down
Poison- poisons the target
Human Blood- cures vampireism and undead
Potion of fire- magical fire attack
Potion of ice- magical ice attack
Potion of lightning - magical lightning attack
Oil can- adds weakness to fire, lightning and ice
Chilling potion- Stops the target
Potion of Burdance- Slows the target
Either
Hi-either
Full Either- fully restores Mp
Antidote
Full health- When critical, recover all hp. (counter abillity)
Throw items
Field Medic- +2 speed, -1 PA (movement abillity)

Can equip Daggers, crossbows, and can wear light armor

Knight
Charge 1
Charge 2
Triple Slash- slash the opponent for an increased amount of damage than a normal attack, Costs 10 mp
Stap- Attack with a chance of KO, costs 5 mp
Crush- Break all opponents equipment, very low % but -1/8% of users hp per attempt
Tainted slash- Poison and Damage
Knights Honor- PA +3, however you are always slow ( Movement abillity)
Parry- Block opponants attack with equipped weapon ( Counter abillity)
Knights Burdan- PA +2, speed -2 (Support abillity)

Can equip swords, shields, and can wear Heavy armor and helmets

Archer
Charge 3
Charge 4
Charge 5
Charge 7
Aim helmet- break helmet
Aim armor- Break armor
Aim wepon- break wepon
Aim Accesorry- Breaks accesory

CTS413

I have more jobs and items just didt feel like writing it all

ffta707

Does a western patch appeal to anyone. That is my new pipe dream haha.

Vanya

I have a personal patch in the works that has gone through many changes and is currently evolving into 2 patches.
The first is strictly a job, monster & re-balance hack intended to simply give the player a more 'classic' assortment of content.
The second is a more extensive hack that aims to make FFT jive better with the rest of the Ivalice Alliance titles such as FFTA/2 & FF12.
What I would like your opinion on is my job list for the Ivalice Alliance Patch.

Key
Job (original job)
  • = Level Requirement

Starting jobs
Warrior (Squire)
Black Mage (Wizard)
White Mage (Priest)

Conditional Jobs
Warrior [3] = Thief,  Hunter (Archer)
Warrior [4] = Monk
Warrior [5] = Gladiator (Mediator), Knight
Warrior [6] + Knight [3] = Dragoon (Lancer)
Thief [4] + Hunter [4] + Monk [4] = Ninja
Knight [4] + Gladiator [4] + Monk [4] = Samurai
Black Mage [3] + White Mage [3] + Warrior [3] = Red Mage (Bard+Dancer)*
Black Mage [4] = Geomancer
Black Mage [6] = Time Mage
White Mage [4] = Green Mage (Mystic)
White Mage [6] = Shaman (Mime)**
Geomancer [3] + Time Mage [5] = Illusionist (Chemist)***
Green Mage [3] + Shaman [5] = Summoner
Red Mage [6] + Time Mage [6] + Shaman [6] = Arcanist (Calculator)

* An attempt will be made in the future to convert the Math menu type to work like a Double cast skill. For now the plan is to give the Red Mage a unique set of spells that have 1/2 the CT of their Black & White magic counterparts.

** An ASM hack is being worked on to turn Mime into a 'normal' job.

*** All units will have the Item skillset available at all times. This means that Chemist is no longer needed and that the items them selves will have to be nerfed and restricted.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

SilvasRuin

Maps are larger in FFT than the FFTA games.  Will you be comparatively reducing Illusionist's power to compensate, or do you have some other means in mind?
Arcanist sucked in FFTA, and FFXII International seemed to redistribute the Arcane spells to the other mages, so what's your plan there?
I notice that Ninja, Samurai, and especially Arcanist require quite a lot of total job levels compared to the others.  Are you meaning for them to be just that much more powerful than the others or what?  It also seems a bit lopsided.  I personally would prefer both sides to have two medium-difficulty jobs to get than for one side to get two medium and the other to get a single very hard one.  That said, I'm probably overly fond of symmetry.  As long as things are balanced so as to avoid there being a clear superior, I'd probably be happy with it.

Vanya

Illusionist seems pretty weak as is, but I will take the size of the maps into consideration when I work out it's stats & abilities.

My Arcanist is going to specialize in dark magics including some of the spells used by the Demons and some new ones. If it still sucks I'll switch it with another job that is better suited for it's position. Although, I may also consider making the Math Skillset available to the Arcanist to make it more interesting.

The level requirements aren't final. I just threw up some numbers based on how powerful the jobs are as is or are intended to be.

I usually have the same fondness of symmetry, but I decided that it made more sense for the magic classes to require more levels. Magic should be a more difficult thing to learn IMHO. I will be keeping balance in mind as I finalize the jobs.

Edit: Here's the Job List for the 'Classics' edition.

Key
Job (original job)
  • = Level Requirement

Starting jobs
Warrior (Squire)
Scholar (Chemist)

Conditional Jobs
Warrior [3] = Knight, Thief
Warrior [5] = Medic (Mime)
Knight [3] = Dragoon (Lancer)
Thief [3] = Ranger (Archer)
Medic [4] = Monk
Knight [5] + Dragoon [3] + Monk [4] = Samurai
Thief [5] + Ranger [3] + Monk [4] = Ninja

Scholar [4] = Black Mage (Wizard)
Black Mage [3] + White Mage [3] = Red Mage (Bard/Dancer)
Black Mage [4] = Time Mage
White Mage [4] = Green Mage (Mystic)
Black Mage [5] + Time Mage [4] = Geomancer
White Mage [5] + Green Mage [4] = Shaman (Summoner)
Red Mage [4] + Time Mage [4] + Green Mage [4] + Geomancer [4] + Shaman [4] = Summoner (Calculator)

Special Jobs
Agrias = Paladin
Rad/Ladd = Dark Knight
Beowulf = Mystic Knight
Reis = Blue Mage

These would all be flavored a`la FF1 - FF3.
The Special Jobs cover some of the more popular jobs from FF4 & FF5.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Vanya

September 05, 2010, 12:26:21 pm #474 Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 05:50:39 pm by Vanya
Hey, guys. I was thinking of doing a series of basic patches that set up the jobs and the job tree to emulate game series other than Final Fantasy.
For example, I just worked out a job tree for Etrian Odyssey and I have some ideas for a Vandal Hearts flavored one.
Would any of you guys be interested in having these as base patches?

Here's my WIP tree for Etrian Odyssey:

~Starting Jobs~
Warrior (ET3)
Alchemist (ET1&2)
Medic (ET1&2)
Survivalist (ET1&2)

~Conditional Jobs~
warrior ---> Landsknecht (ET1&2)
landsknecht ---> Phalanx (ET1&2 [as Defender] & ET3)
alchemist ---> Troubadour (ET1&2)
medic ---> Shaman (ET2)
survivalist ---> Ballista (ET3)
ballista ---> Gunner (ET2)

~Combination Jobs~
warrior + medic = Monk (ET3)
monk + landsknecht = Ronin (ET1&2)
monk + alchemist = Shinobi (ET3)
ronin + shinobi = Shogun (ET3)
shogun + defender/phalanx = Prince/Princess (ET3)
alchemist + medic = Hexer (ET1&2)
hexer + survivalist + warrior = Dark Hunter (ET1&2)
hunter + troubadour = Beast King (ET3)
gunner + warrior = Pirate (ET3)
¯\(°_0)/¯

Draivyn

You have pirates and ninjas....all you lack of the holy trinity is vikings.  Those classes look rather interesting though

Vanya

They borrowed heavily from FF when they made ET, but they also came up with some very interesting combinations.
Finished the ET Job Tree, BTW.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Draivyn

The classes in and of themselves look very interesting just by their names(having never heard of Etrian Odyssey) and so far from FF staples that it would capture one of my favorite parts of playing a class based RPG...the discovery of new classes and abilities.

Skip Sandwich

WIP of the job list from a personal patch i've been working on, based in part on DnD

5 Base Classes

Fighter (Defensive Physical) - skills based on formations and and leadership, heavy armor, shields, short swords and swords

Barbarian (offensive physical) - skills based on application of brute strength, medium armor, axes and bastard swords

Rogue (balanced stats) - two sets of skills, one based around 'tools' requiring the Backpack support skill (replacement for Item skillset), and another set of skills based around concealment (ambush/assassination skills requiring the user be under Transparent status), light armor, knives and bows. Innate Backpack, Throw Item

Priest (defensive magical) - healing and support magic, medium armor, shields, staves and flails

Wizard (offensive magical) - attack and status magic, light armor, staves and books

11 advanced classes

Dragoon (Fighter 6 + Barbarian 6) => great all-around stats with an emphasis on HP and PA, the highest stat totals of any class and the only class to have above average base speed, But only have a base move of 1 panel, practically requiring the use of a chocobo mount. heavy armor, polearms, flails and shields

Ranger (Fighter 3 + Rogue 5) => light armor unit specializing in ranged attacks and monster taming. light armor, bows and short swords, Innate Any Ground, Move in Water

Paladin (Fighter 5 + Priest 3) => medium armor unit built to hunt undead and demonic foes. Medium armor, swords, flails and shields, Innate Defense UP

Hexblade (Fighter 5 + Wizard 3) => medium armor unit that specializes in cursing the enemy. medium armor, katana and bastard swords, innate Magic Defense UP

Dervish (Barbarian 4 + Rogue 4) => light armor unit that wields two weapons at once. light armor, katana, innate Two Swords

Shaman (Barbarian 3 + Priest 5 ) => warrior-mage that channels the spirits. light armor, spears and books

Warlock (Barbarian 3 + Wizard 5 ) => warrior-mage that attacks with conjured weapons. light armor, axes and books

Gambler (Rogue 4 + Priest 4) => Gallant warrior that uses cunning and luck to outwit and befuddle enemy and ally alike, light armor, guns and knives

Performer (Rogue 4 + Wizard 4) => Whimsical warrior whose magical performances enchant all, light armor, harps and knives

Aetheritor (Priest 7 + Wizard 5, Male only) => Master of magic whose spells manipulate the very source of magic itself, light armor, staves, flails, shields and books, Innate Teleport

Gravitrix (Wizard 7 + Priest 5, Female only) => Mistress of magic whose spells control space and time, light armor, staves, swords books and shields, Innate Float, Immune to Gravity element

Mime (Rogue 8) => master of disguise that can copy any ability. Innate Counter, Counter Magic, Throw Item
--------------------------------------------------
Other notable features of this patch are my Armor Weight system and Physical Elements

Elemental System

Fire > Wind > Water > Fire

Crushing > Piercing > Slashing > Crushing

Aether < -> Gravity
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Jon

I am making a gun patch. Same story and characters, totally different jobs. The process is very slow. I have to find what items can be turned into guns, I have 3 types of guns, hand guns which can be dual weilded or held in both hands, rifles (like normal rifles and sniper rifle) which must always be 2 handed, and magic guns which also are either dual or single. Only about 5 jobs that are vastly different. Only guns, knives, healing items, magic and bombs. Its supposed to make a new tactical feeling, but thats where it gets a bit complicated. If anyone has ideas, lemme know. Battles have now a new meaning to tactics, like hiding out of gun range. Like hand guns have a range of 5, rifles has like 8-10 and magic has anywhere between.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!