• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:06:24 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

Stormlag

Yay! gonna check it out right away!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on May 19, 2018, 10:16:33 pm
Yay! gonna check it out right away!

Haha that image file.

This isn't the last update to the mod though; however, in it's current state it's completed, i tried to make sure everything was made with details, especially the enemy formations in having specific setups for NPCs' and Monsters' being consistent with pre-determined Abilities.

Further updates to it is probably going to be Auction House related stuff, New Bazaar recipes, Clan Privilege(s) removed.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

R000ster

Downloading, the hype is real.
When you update further, I assume we'll have to start fresh on version 1.0, but I'm stoked to have something to play. Will keep eyes out for issues.

Bonesy

Will the game implode if when I get around to playing it I decide to play on Normal?
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on May 19, 2018, 10:26:40 pm
Downloading, the hype is real.
When you update further, I assume we'll have to start fresh on version 1.0, but I'm stoked to have something to play. Will keep eyes out for issues.

Actually i don't think so since a majority of the game is completed, so you should be fine without needing to start over again, and yes please post any issues you find here for things i might've missed.

Quote from: Bonesy on May 19, 2018, 10:28:33 pm
Will the game implode if when I get around to playing it I decide to play on Normal?

Yes the game will implode if you play it on normal. :P
Nah, you can play the mod on normal, although i balanced the whole mod around hard mode, so you should be fine.

Bonesy

I can confirm at least the intro works on an R4i3ds on real hardware. Anything after that will be a while from now, too much other stuff to play.
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Bonesy on May 20, 2018, 12:45:57 am
I can confirm at least the intro works on an R4i3ds on real hardware. Anything after that will be a while from now, too much other stuff to play.

Nice, you might have to patch the rom again since i did released a small bug-fix for the Special Gria Unit you get, without it you'll get soft-locked if she happens to get a "Opportunity Command".... heh...

R000ster

Seems Taoru causes an issue when she gets and Opportunity Action. Text box is blank and cannot progress the battle.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on May 20, 2018, 06:23:15 am
Seems Taoru causes an issue when she gets and Opportunity Action. Text box is blank and cannot progress the battle.
Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on May 20, 2018, 02:58:05 am
You might have to patch the rom again since i did released a small bug-fix for the Special Gria Unit you get, without it you'll get soft-locked if she happens to get a "Opportunity Command".... heh...

Should already be patched with the bugfix update.

R000ster

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on May 20, 2018, 08:37:53 am
Should already be patched with the bugfix update.
Didn't see that, thanks 👍

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on May 20, 2018, 03:05:55 pm
Didn't see that, thanks 👍

You're welcome, i'm also going through it to see what abilities that the AI can't seem to use for some reason, like i've noticed Bangaas' can't seem to have The Soldier/Warrior abilities mastered unless they have a weapon on that gives them the abilities beforehand.

R000ster

Looks like the 0.91 patch can't be patched over 0.9 for some reason; Unipatcher says they're incompatible.:(

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on May 20, 2018, 04:26:47 pm
Looks like the 0.91 patch can't be patched over 0.9 for some reason; Unipatcher says they're incompatible.:(

Oh sorry about that cause i used a clean rom as the base to make the patches instead of the modded rom, since i'm used to doing it that way.  :oops:

Stormlag

If I use my .9 saved to the new .91 would that cause problems?

chocolatemoose

So long as you patch the clean rom properly, if you rename the 0.9 dsv to match the 0.91's filename, you should be alright. At least, that's what I did and so far it's working.

Stormlag

I figured as much cause the only change is the Oppurtunity command for the Custom Gria, Right?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on May 21, 2018, 01:52:32 am
I figured as much cause the only change is the Oppurtunity command for the Custom Gria, Right?

Pretty much that, i'm fixing formations as i go through them to do some changes, since some of them can get quite tough, but at least the AI doesn't spam the QUICKEN moves lol, they only use them once and then they go back to normal AI.

DeSgeretjin

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: DeSgeretjin on May 21, 2018, 09:20:26 am
Do you know how the AI works?

Not at all, i just know they use whatever abilities they're assigned with.

Stormlag

I didn't really had a bad time at it but the Green Mages in the "Green Dominion" Quest did seem to have used it a lot but it did prolong the battle.