• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:29:11 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

How can I change the font in FFT for PSX?

Started by rapiermother, May 24, 2014, 11:08:50 pm

rapiermother

I've tried using FFT Patcher (the 352 version that has the font tab). It seems to modify the character widths to my chosen settings, but it doesn't update the actual characters in the font.

How can I change the characters for all the in-game text fonts?

Xifanie

How to add new special symbols to FFTacText?
Which font letters can be replaced and how to type them in FFTactext? (This topic is mentioned in the first one)

I can't really help more than linking these topics. Hope you can figure it out!
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

rapiermother

Well, thanks for the suggestion. I don't feel like manually hex editing hundreds of individual values. If anyone knows of a way that doesn't require me to manually hex edit, please let me know! Not that hex editing is difficult, but it can be tedious... especially in this case.

Angel

There isn't one. No quick and easy tools for the task exist.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?