• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Editing WotL Portraits (Luso/Balthier/Dark Knight/Etc.)

Started by Cinna, May 13, 2014, 07:12:55 pm

Cinna

After searching through the forums via the search bar, looking though the Help and Tut forums a bit, and some of Google use, I've finally let my need of direction pull me into (finally) making an an account for the forums. I'm not really one for forums, but I digress. What I've been trying to do is find out how to edit the menu sprites/portraits for the characters/jobs that were added in WotL like Luso, Balthier, Dark Knight, and whatnot. Is there currently any way to do this?
Words cannot even begin to describe my frustration. What has me so irritated? Good question. I'll let you know once I've figured it out.

Cinna

Nevermind. I finally found a thread that answered that the way to do this is currently not known. I'm kinda disappointed that I couldn't get a link to the thread from anyone here. I'll post up what I found here for anyone else that comes across this thread wanting some direction in this matter.

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6920.0

Hopefully some kind master of hacking will figure this one out some day, and share the info with everyone, eh?
Words cannot even begin to describe my frustration. What has me so irritated? Good question. I'll let you know once I've figured it out.

Angel

I apologize for not answering (as well as for nobody else answering) but the fact of the matter is, nobody hacks WotL. Everybody who is technologically savvy either hates WotL or just has no desire to mess with it. I know users have interest in the new jobs and all, but you'll get a lot more mileage out of modding the PSX version and making an eboot for PSP out of it. Alternatively, there's a patch in the works that adds the WotL additions to PSX that should hopefully be finished soon.

I'm hoping this doesn't come across as rude or dismissive; I'm just trying to provide what information I have.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Valkirst

IO hear a lot of this, and yeah. It sucks that we can't completely mod WotL but I have gotten pretty far with Tactext, Patcher, Shishi (buggy at times for WotL) and FFTEVGRP (or whatever its called) and UMDGen. You pretty much just have to come to certain realities as of now with WotL.
  • Modding version: PSX
Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst