• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:55:51 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

Quote from: "thi13en"I could suggest CH4 Ramza be Light Bringer or something near that, since he's on the mission to purge the evil and save his sister.
I like it, but it feels so generic...it could work better for a "normal" class...something more specific for him?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Kill_Bones

Possible Ch. 4 names: Hero or Savior... TBH I like Heretic...

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Dome

Quote from: "Kill_Bones"Possible Ch. 4 names: Hero or Savior... TBH I like Heretic...
But it feels so...bad...and Ramza is an hero
Something like Batman, it does the good thing but almost no one understands it

Kourama

- I've always liked the skillset I had for mustadio. Give him all the original break skills, give him one extra special ability and innate maintenance.

- Any change you can make to Ninja's skillset would work. You can always give Ninja an ability that makes them transparent as well. I made it for the "Vincent" character in my patch called Camouflage. It was 100% self Transparent.

- Archer should definitely get the Leg Aim, Arm Aim. I think they should also be able to inflict a few other statuses that are not overpowered. Maybe a poison arrow and one that does confuse? The Charm shot I had in my patch seemed a little too overpowered. As far as elemental shots, I am all for them but there is a glitch with adding effects to ranged attacks from arrows that shows damage or effect given twice.

- Jump Skillset - I think this set needs a little more to it. Jump is great and all but it tends to get outclassed by other skillsets and only reason Lancers would get used is because Spears were much improved. Maybe have standard Jump in the skillset and then add other abilities.

- As far as Sage goes. I don't mind if Sage is kept or if Necromancer was added. Anything is better than the overpowered Calculator but it needs to be a job worth unlocking with decent abilities.

- Last thing is I think all jobs should have something about them that makes it better to use their skillset on the same job than any other job. For example, using Summon skillset should be better when used on the Summoner job as opposed to lets say the Black Mage job.

Kourama

- I don't think all monsters need a elemental weakness/immunity/absorb, just some.

- I do like the idea of Boco being a special chocobo though. His only use really was for breeding. Maybe make him a gold or white chocobo with more abilities. Maybe an ability that heals mp?

Kourama

I think you should be able to steal from enemies in random battles. I also think that for the most part they should have fixed equipment, unless it was a special battle with a special unit. Story battles should have better equipment than what you can buy to make at least something worth stealing. Lastly some random battles appear after certain chapters/events etc. Maybe those battles should have better equipment then what is currently available to be bought, that way stealing in random battles still is worth it.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "Dome"But it feels so...bad...and Ramza is an hero
Something like Batman, it does the good thing but almost no one understands it

Can't really agree with Ramza being a Hero.  He's a kid at heart most of the times, sure, though still a bit of a prick (see: the victory event of Grog Hill), but he's not out to save the world.  He spends the first Chapter being an idiot then saving Teta, the second Chapter following Gafgarion then trying to fix his own mistake, the third Chapter trying to tell Zalbag what's going on so he can do something about it, goes to Orbonne when Zalbag doesn't believe him to nab a quick Stone and get further proof of what's going on, then spends the rest of the game on a huge quest to save his sister and to somewhat see what the fuck is up with Delita.

"Save the world" is never on his agenda honestly.  Killing all the demons and saving the world is more like an accident because he needed to so he could save Alma.  He wants to stop the Church, but his intent is to tell other people (Zalbag, T.G. Cid, etc.), and have them do most of the work... things just turn out so that he's stuck doing it all instead.  He just wants to save his sister, so there's really no reason to see him as a "Hero" on a personal level.  It also makes the whole Batman comparison also flop.  I'm pretty sure he doesn't even see himself as any kind of hero or anything special at all.

He has no reason to be a Knight or to honestly have any kind of heroic title whatsoever.  Really, Cadet/Mercenary/Heretic is probably the best set of alternatives you're going to get because they reflect how other people see him.

RavenOfRazgriz

Don't take this the wrong way, Domey boy, but a lot of these changes feel kinda generic, lolpatchy, and honestly unnecessary.

Don't change things for the sake of change.  

If you try to edit the skillsets on Geomancer/Lancer/Ninja, you're also going to hit a few problems unless that ASM from Zodiac actually works correctly.  I remember hearing it had a glitch but that was ages ago, so you should test to make sure you CAN edit those skillsets properly with said ASM and that those skillsets all work properly when none are learned, some are learned, some are learned when the unit does not know the equivalent Squire skills, and all are learned to be sure.

It's either that or using that janky Squire Workaround, which is garbage.

RavenOfRazgriz

Serious Question: Is your final product meant to be easier than 1.3 EasyType?

Answer heavily influences what I think about your ideas, because I need to know where your target lies before I can say such modifications would be good or not.

AnTi90d

I usually just lurk around here, but I had to login to say this: That Mustadio skill set is absolutely fantastic. Something like that would get me excited about the game again (and get me to use Mustadio more often.)
~~ ~~~ ~~~~~
On an atomic level, one never really touches anything. Earlier, when you touched yourself, you were not feeling yourself, but the electrical force between charges.

Wistfulness

Some ideas that are ''better sounding'' than heretic in case someone finds it too harsh:

Benefactor
Idealist
Protector
Wanderer
Vanguard
Righteous Soul
Renegade
Schismatic
Dissedent/Dissenter
Rebel Knight

Out of these, the most suitable would probably be Vanguard as it is completely neutral and only denotes the fact that he is in the leading position in a movement.

StarScythe

Few more thoughts on the matter.

Head shot would need to have a charge time, otherwise it would completely replace the normal attack and leave the unit with no reason to ever use the attack command. Thus, adding a small charge time, nothing significant, would balance that out perfectly.

Shotgun: Fires a shell filled with small metal balls that is deadly at short range. (medium high damage, 1 range)

Rapid Fire: Three shots are fired in rapid succession at a single target (evadable, single target, 1-3 random hits)

These are a bit more iffy, though they fit with the theme.

If someone could send me a mem card save thats right before the first musty fight, ill go ahead and make a test patch of this job and record his three forced battles to see how the AI handles this, after I get my tourney vids finished. Ive got work in the morning and a vocal piece to practice later that afternoon, so I'll probably start recording those tomorrow evening.

theultrawolf

i think apostate sounds more fitting than heretic, because he chose his own leave of the ways of the Glabados church, conflicting with his "heresy" which was dubbed upon him for unfitting reasons. So apostasy (abandonment of the church and beliefs) fits more than a heretic (someone branded by the church as a disbeliever) idk. just fits more imo.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Dome

Oh well, seems that I'm the only one that doesn't like the name "Heretic"...
Ok, his final class will be Heretic or something similar

Dome

Quote from: "RavenOfRazgriz"Serious Question: Is your final product meant to be easier than 1.3 EasyType?

Answer heavily influences what I think about your ideas, because I need to know where your target lies before I can say such modifications would be good or not.
My aim is to make 1.4 funnier and enjoyable than 1.3 (For EVERYONE, not only skilled players)
Speaking about the difficulty:
If you consider only the storyline battles...yes
Casual gamers should be able to enjoy it (Even if they never played FFT before)
DD and extra battles will be on par with normal 1.3

Dome

@Kourama I almost agree with you, but I don't know if the last point is possible

@RavenOfRazgriz: Why should I? If you think so, you did the right thing posting it
Also, post more specific feedback, so we can improve the ideas
Anyway:
I think you agree with me that Archer's skillset sucks
Ninja...it's not so good
Lancer get used because the class is good, but the skillset is usually crap

Of course the ASM will be tested before is implemented

Dome

@Kourama
- Imho the same abilities as the yellow chocobo for boco are enough, but he has 75 br/70 fa and innate defense up/move hp-up

MysticKnightFF5

Instead of editing Ninja skillset, because God knows their passive skills are rigged, just give them a few nice innate abilities.
As for Lancer, you should give them the abilities that ignores shield evasion and stuff, and make jump a single skill with 5 square range and infinite vertical. Lancers were traditionally offensive, if you want to be realistic, keep that in mind. Swordsmen were traditionally defensive.

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: "Dome"@RavenOfRazgriz: Why should I? If you think so, you did the right thing posting it
Also, post more specific feedback, so we can improve the ideas
Anyway:
I think you agree with me that Archer's skillset sucks
Ninja...it's not so good
Lancer get used because the class is good, but the skillset is usually crap

Archer sucks obviously and editing it is easy.  My comment on it is that"Archer -> Hunter, guy whose basically a beastmaster and/or steals all of Mustardio's thunder." is a really common change to perform on it.  Unless you do it well, it'll end up being rather lolpatchy or scrubby feeling.

Ninja is... debatable.  The power of its skillset depends on a lot of other factors, considering it's huge range and fairly constant damage that can access almost every element in the game.  It can probably benefit a "standard" skillset, but because Ninja interacts with a lot of things most classes don't (Speed as a direct offensive element, almost every equipment item in the game, max Move range, elemental variance, etc.) actually deciding whether to edit the skillset should probably wait until most of your other ideas are set in stone so you know how good post-change Throw is before deciding whether it needs to be changed.

Jump is usually crap?  1.34x Physical Damage boosted by Attack UP (iirc) with huge range, a CT that never becomes outdated, and never misses... is crap?  Think about that, think about why it's crap, and think about whether that should be crap, then decide whether you want to change the skillset and how.

Necromancer is also *slightly* common... but also very niche.  You need to pull it off very well for it to be worth the space on the Job wheel.  Your best bet would be to give them a skill that makes all allies Undead at 100% rate so they can lead off the battle with it, but the AI probably would not use such a skill and as such the class itself would remain mostly redundant and wasteful.