• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:50:30 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Malroth

Recorded and uploaded my final two prototype teams to decide which one will be my Tourney Entry,  specifics not included since i don't want to spoil too much but for the savvy there's a little bit more of my usual mix of WTF and "I can't believe I diddn't think of that"

Malroth  Vs Malroth   Innocent Chemistry vs A Time for Magic

reinoe

Quote from: Malroth on June 03, 2015, 12:31:58 am
Recorded and uploaded my final two prototype teams to decide which one will be my Tourney Entry,  specifics not included since i don't want to spoil too much but for the savvy there's a little bit more of my usual mix of WTF and "I can't believe I diddn't think of that"

Malroth  Vs Malroth   Innocent Chemistry vs A Time for Magic

YAY! Welcome back.
My dreams can come true!

Elmdork

Nappa:  :shock: Vegeta, look! It's a Pokemon!

Bahamut: I am not a pokemon, I am Bahamut.

Nappa: Hear that, Vegeta? It's a Bahamut!

... I'm gonna catch it..

When two metalheads do combat, much blood is shed. Actually, it was a bad matchup. Speedy disruptive units are just naturally anti-caster, but I must admit I enjoyed that. Actually has setiemson and chakra band on nappa and vegeta respectively, but I telepathically asked shintroy if he approved of me switching the magic gauntlet for setiemson and he said "no" and we somehow informed barren. Thanks for running all the matches lately, barren. You're the best. Could you do me a favor and switch the focus band for a chakra band? It has less to do with the protection from everything and more to do with limiting his mp. I just want him to cast slow and don't move once before being forced into melee. I'm afraid if I gave him mp and haste, he'll use chakra to be a TM battery, and that's not what Vegeta does. He instant transmissions next to your summoner and goes "ATATATATATATA" because that's what his squishy ass needs to do + Kenshiro approves.

GG mudvayne!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
The bird of Hermes is my name
Eating my wings to make me tame
  • Discord username: rouroni elmdor

Epic

Thankyou Barren. Finger guard is bugged? I know that I didn't put much thought into my team, but I didn't know that finger guard didn't work.

Barren

Finger Guard reduces the chances of talk skill hitting. Doesn't mean you're completely immune to it. You somehow got unlucky
You dare cross blades with me?

Malroth

If talk skill had a 60% chance of working before Finger Guard it will have a 30% chance after Finger Guard and that's still accurate enough to potentially cause problems.

silentkaster

I think Finger Guard, based on matches I've seen, is Brave and Faith based also. Therefore, the lower the values, the less Finger Guard's chances of working.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Shintroy

I always believed there were some reactions that worked like buffs and weren't affected by brave and faith.

Awareness, Finger Guard, Abandon and Projectile Guard come to mind. Especially Abandon and Awareness. Never confirmed this of course.
Some day my people will be free.

TrueLight

I'm pretty sure Projectile Guard follows the Brave + Faith /2 formula for reactions. Not sure about Finger Guard since I never use it. But yeah, Awareness and Abandon don't rely on Brave or Faith since they just raise your overall evasion.
  • Modding version: PSX

CT5Holy

Projectile Guard and Finger Guard behave like most reactions, so they have a success rate of (Br+Fa)/2 %
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Kurosabes

Abandon in Arena is +50% overall evasion I believe, unlike vanilla, where it's +100%.
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Reks

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on June 04, 2015, 07:14:21 pm
Abandon in Arena is +50% overall evasion I believe, unlike vanilla, where it's +100%.

This is correct, yes.

I use it often, since I build more evasion units than anything else.

But the [BR+FA]/2 is for just about every other reaction (besides special ones like Distribute)
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

CT5Holy

Pretty sure Distribute follows the (Br+Fa)/2 thing too...
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

I think just about every reaction does except for awareness and abandon. And I think finger guard ignores brave too. From what I remember Finger Guard takes away 20% of the talk skill hitting. I.E. Stall goes from 55% to 35%

silentkaster

I don't think it ignores it Barren. Remember the fight you recorded for me where my talk skill had I think a 14% chance of hitting WKW's Geomancer? She was a 70/70 unit.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

Can you post the link to the match you're talking about? I'll take a look at it.

Kurosabes

• Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Mudvayne

So quick question for anyone who knows anything about HyperCam2:

All of a sudden when I go to record it tells me my FPS settings are too high and it is not able to record. I haven't changed anything so I don't know why this ever popped up. So I go into the settings for Hypercam and lower the FPS from 10 to 5, which is the HIGHEST it will allow me to record at now. When I play back the video it's super slow and choppy and looks like shit. I never used to have any issues and I didn't change anything. Does anyone know what the issue might be? The error says exactly "The recording frame rate you specified is too high. Click the "More Information Button" to learn of possible remedies."
I've clicked the more information button and followed the steps there to no avail, thus why I'm posting here.

Barren

Is your hyper can registered at all? If that is not working you can try fraps or techsmith camtasia studio which is what I have (warning its $300).

Barren

I just saw the match again and yea it does come up as 14%. Neutral compat too. Finger Guard decreases the chances of talk skill by 20% initially. If I had to guess now I would say that for every 10 points of brave you add from 40 you decrease the odds by 5%. In other words if a unit with finger guard has 40 brave then the chances goes from 54% to 34%. 70 brave means 54% to 14%. Since silentkaster pointed that out I guess brave does effect chances for finger guard. I just thought all along that its always 20% decrease. Then again I never saw a unit with 70 brave and finger guard before until that match