• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:39:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

dreamtrain

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on October 02, 2017, 05:49:43 am
i don't think i removed Geomancy from the Hume jobs since i didn't see it game breaking, but i did move it to a different job class to learn it in the current build i'm still working on, however i did remove a lot of passives and reactions that were overpowered, and you can't learn Dual wield at all from any hume jobs anymore, the only units that can learn "Dual Wield"
in the current build(that i haven't released yet) is Luso(has it by default, he has a sword and a book in the beginning), Adelle's Heritor job, Vaan Sky Pirate's job, Frimelda by default(re-adding it back to her), The Tactician is pretty interesting when you get more of their abilities, and Pavivir's abilities were nerfed quite a bit in this.

Really love the sound of that! And I think Geomancy is gone from Humes in the build that is posted since they can't learn Black Mage skills anymore, unless you made Geomancy also an Illusionist support skill in another robe somewhere, will keep looking in that case :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: dreamtrain on October 03, 2017, 04:47:14 am
Really love the sound of that! And I think Geomancy is gone from Humes in the build that is posted since they can't learn Black Mage skills anymore, unless you made Geomancy also an Illusionist support skill in another robe somewhere, will keep looking in that case :)

Alrighty considering i haven't checked for it in the version i released on here, and i haven't finished doing the small updates to the current build i have to release since i've been busy with other stuff irl, no ETA for when it'll be released, but i will try to get it done.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

dreamtrain

Just realized Geomancy does work, I thought it wouldnt because Black Mages are illusionists now, sorry about that. I've been hooked on this mod :)

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: dreamtrain on October 03, 2017, 07:04:36 am
Just realized Geomancy does work, I thought it wouldnt because Black Mages are illusionists now, sorry about that. I've been hooked on this mod :)

Ah ok, awesome and thank you for enjoying it. :D

Keep in mind that i am open for suggestions for the mod besides the stuff that is planned for the next update.

Stormlag

Is this a bug? recruited a hume then trained him... he seemed to activated the "Tactician" Job... and has the Parivir look...

I really like your concept and the game... I already played the game for hours already and only noticed it later on.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on October 14, 2017, 10:21:18 am
Is this a bug? recruited a hume then trained him... he seemed to activated the "Tactician" Job... and has the Parivir look...

Did the Hume you recruited was a Tactician by default or did it master abilities unlocked by mistake while training other abilities in a different job?

Stormlag

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on October 15, 2017, 09:56:17 am
Did the Hume you recruited was a Tactician by default or did it master abilities unlocked by mistake while training other abilities in a different job?

He was a Black Mage Lvl 30. My characters were about 40+ then. He didn't have any skills yet. The Tactitian Job wasn't available. My guess is that it either completed the Blue mage requirements or the Parivir one.

PS: Tell me if its okay for me to screenshot the game if I found bugs. I really like the game and looking forward for its development.
(I really wanted a exclusive job for Luso and (FFta)Marche. I really like this.)

I also saw a bug with the skill "Grapple". The bug is only done if you purposely do it. The concept of it is good though.
Here's the pics:

Zeke_Aileron

Ah ok, i'm pretty sure the current version i'm working on has it where Black Mages can't get anything Tactician related which i hopefully think it's fixed, the Tactician job is supposed to be exclusive for Luso depending if you patched the game in the middle of a playthrough instead of starting a new game.

Also i don't think i've ever used Grapple on the big bosses before, i think it's funny and sadly there isn't a way to fix it without changing Grapple to something else completely.

Stormlag

October 18, 2017, 08:49:57 am #48 Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:32:06 am by Stormlag
Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on October 17, 2017, 03:58:02 pm
Ah ok, i'm pretty sure the current version i'm working on has it where Black Mages can't get anything Tactician related which i hopefully think it's fixed, the Tactician job is supposed to be exclusive for Luso depending if you patched the game in the middle of a playthrough instead of starting a new game.

Also i don't think i've ever used Grapple on the big bosses before, i think it's funny and sadly there isn't a way to fix it without changing Grapple to something else completely.

Oh I'm really excited on the new patch. I only saw this mod recently to be honest. Played about 100 hours (still going).

The Grapple bug also works in the Boss monster in a mission " To teach a man to run". I suggest that you replace it(though its a situational bug) with a Reraise or heal type skill and give more AP requirements for some Tactician job skills. (only a suggestion)

I really like going balance with magick and power for Luso.

Thank you so much for this mod.

Stormlag

I may have figured out why the Humes unlocked the "Tactician" Job. Basically Tactician is the Blue Mage job so the requirement is only one Black Mage ability. Given that Luso has Blizzard as his first skill, he can have access to it. The problem is the "Seer" Job having access to Fira, Thundara, and Blizzara which is also considered as Black Mage Ability. Replacing them I think is the best option to eliminate other Humes to access it.

Here is some evidences: Jared(First hume in the party aside from Luso) and Adele both accessing the Tactician Job

Hope this helps... More power to your work...

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on October 20, 2017, 06:44:19 am
I may have figured out why the Humes unlocked the "Tactician" Job. Basically Tactician is the Blue Mage job so the requirement is only one Black Mage ability. Given that Luso has Blizzard as his first skill, he can have access to it. The problem is the "Seer" Job having access to Fira, Thundara, and Blizzara which is also considered as Black Mage Ability. Replacing them I think is the best option to eliminate other Humes to access it.

Here is some evidences: Jared(First hume in the party aside from Luso) and Adele both accessing the Tactician Job

Hope this helps... More power to your work...

That actually helps, i totally forgot about the Seer job giving those requirement checks, sadly replacing them is impossible since i can only really change what the ability does, so i would have to remove them entirely which would make the Seer have 5 abilities making it another White Mage job with Recharge and Magick Frenzy as a bonus...

I'll try to figure something out for this at a later time, thank you.

Stormlag

Thanks for giving time for this game. I really like it... I wondered if it was possible to give the Seer job the Aero and Water in exchange... or Silence, Blind... since Humes doesn't have those abilities... And the Tactician Job might benefit if you gave it Black mage abilities if the Seer job doesn't have access to it anymore.

I would like to thank you for doing this game... I would have liked if the story gave Luso something special ability or he should've been part of the Gifted ones not just a normal hume... Giving him an exclusive job really meant something for me.

Really again Thank you man!

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Stormlag on October 21, 2017, 09:22:14 am
Thanks for giving time for this game. I really like it... I wondered if it was possible to give the Seer job the Aero and Water in exchange... or Silence, Blind... since Humes doesn't have those abilities... And the Tactician Job might benefit if you gave it Black mage abilities if the Seer job doesn't have access to it anymore.

I would like to thank you for doing this game... I would have liked if the story gave Luso something special ability or he should've been part of the Gifted ones not just a normal hume... Giving him an exclusive job really meant something for me.

Really again Thank you man!

Thank you for enjoying this and You're welcome, Yeah i wish the Story was editable in an easier format, but it's not and it's quite time consuming to do so.  :(

The skills are listed in a list that's connected in the order of the Job, there's technically 2 different Blizzara, Firara, and Thundara cause of the skill list order but they function the same in job requirement unlocking, but yeah i'll try to look into doing something for the Seer Job without cutting it's abilities off.

Stormlag

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on October 22, 2017, 02:17:13 am
Thank you for enjoying this and You're welcome, Yeah i wish the Story was editable in an easier format, but it's not and it's quite time consuming to do so.  :(

The skills are listed in a list that's connected in the order of the Job, there's technically 2 different Blizzara, Firara, and Thundara cause of the skill list order but they function the same in job requirement unlocking, but yeah i'll try to look into doing something for the Seer Job without cutting it's abilities off.

Is that so... I only deduced that because my recruited Hume Black mage unlocked the Tactician Job by the time I got the Seer Job... Since I don't know about the editor thing yet(Planning to learn about once I get my laptop working)

Making Luso a normal hume in the story really bugged me. Though the game isn't really that hard, Luso (and FFTA Marche) lacked that special thing for me... they could've put that in the story and made him special rather than someone who just happened to have a magick book. Well can't really do anything about that.(sorry for that rant)

Unrelated note: Ramza and Marche are still the best for me.

Julian

If you check my notes on the alcid thread you can make the job only accessible to the luso sprite.

estoniesta

This is very interesting! I love the idea of giving Luso his exclusive class. I really want to test it out, but I think there is something wrong with the file. Every time I downloaded it, there was nothing but an empty folder. I do not know if you took it out or whatever. Haha.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: estoniesta on November 16, 2017, 09:10:35 am
This is very interesting! I love the idea of giving Luso his exclusive class. I really want to test it out, but I think there is something wrong with the file. Every time I downloaded it, there was nothing but an empty folder. I do not know if you took it out or whatever. Haha.

Empty folder...? it's a .xdelta file in the zip folder, and i haven't took it out at all i think... well not yet until i update it to the next version of the patch at a later date, so it should still be there to download normally... :?

estoniesta

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on November 21, 2017, 03:09:18 pm
Empty folder...? it's a .xdelta file in the zip folder, and i haven't took it out at all i think... well not yet until i update it to the next version of the patch at a later date, so it should still be there to download normally... :?

I download it one more time and it still contains nothing in the folder. Do you have a mirror link? I'm dying to see Tactician in action!

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: estoniesta on November 28, 2017, 09:57:22 pm
I download it one more time and it still contains nothing in the folder. Do you have a mirror link? I'm dying to see Tactician in action!

I do not have a mirror link for it, i'll probably do so when i update it since some stuff is broken.

lepiton

Hi I'm a  Java and C/C++ programmer(learning python now) who was looking to mod this game(one of my childhood favorites). The lack of tools kind of turned me off, so I figured I would try and do something about that first. I'm looking to create an enemy formation editor since that seems to be the least developed area of the toolset and changing enemy reactive and passive abilities looks like the best way to generate strategic difficulty with little effort. I don't really have experience hex editing, but I've read some tutorials and messed around with Windhex. I've looked around the forums and found lennart's spreadsheet, but I can't make sense of the enemy data stuff for quests as of now. As far as I can tell your the only person who seems like you get this so I would really appreciate it if you could give me an overview of the spreadsheet structure and an example of how you go about changing enemy abilities and equipment for a specific quest. I can probably start working from there.