• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:41:13 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

COP sprites discussion

Started by Kokojo, April 15, 2009, 12:34:23 am

jimmyjw88

Well, what I'm doing here is nothing compared to Smash though, but thanks a lot, Kokojo ^^

Also, here's what I've come up. (Zalbag's head and Karsten's beard)
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kokojo

Woa, personnaly I find it amazing and fitting for Gospel, really.

There is a little shade of pink on the armor that I dislike, put I am amazed, this seems really good and awesome. It is what I wanted to see ^^

Il wait for some comments, but since mav, darthpaul and you are the only ones replying in this topic, I guess their advice will be decisive.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

mav

Two words: fucking epic. Great job, man, great job. The cape could be darker, but that seriously looks cool as is. I love it. You're doing phenomenally, Jimmy.

jimmyjw88

Well, don't praise me too much, guys because its the armor that make the sprite cool, not me ^^

EDIT: I could swap the pink out but any suggestion for the cape?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

SilvasRuin

Don't change anything.  Just finish the sprite sheet like that.  The pink is only noticeable in the large view and just helps the shine on the small view.  You may have used parts that were already there, but you combined them exceptionally well and picked a very good palette in my opinion.  Heck, I would argue submitting it as an alternate choice for Holy Knights in the sprite submissions.  I like this better and it has a Paladin feel to it.

You've made a ton of improvement over time, and your work is becoming quite good.

jimmyjw88

Thanks Silvas ^^
Well, now, I just have to improvise side and front view.

mav

Silvas is definitely right--you've come a long way, and this sprite is just downright exceptional. I too say finish it as is. If there are still concerns over the palette, they can be fixed much later.

jimmyjw88

Alright then. Here, update* (add front view)

I know he seems short but I checked Male Knight, Zalbag and etc, they are the same unless you guys want him to be taller.

mav

I like it. By the way, whose cape and body are you using for this sprite?

jimmyjw88

I used Summoner, though I may change to Knight due to extra works, trim off the cloak.

Kokojo

I like it very much still, could you show what he looks like with a knight cape ?

(and don't fell bad about swicthing, I don't want it to be too difficult to make)

jimmyjw88

January 24, 2010, 03:03:19 am #71 Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:35:37 am by jimmyjw88
Alright, here he is with Knight's cape.

mav

I prefer the Summoner's cape--he looks too big and tough with the Knight's cape, probably due to the broad shoulders. That's not to say he looks bad, he just looks different.

Kokojo

I prefer the Summoner's cape too, for the same reasons. He looks buffed up with that Knight cape - maybe it is the arms. But If it's too difficult, it's okay.

SilvasRuin

I like the summoner's too, but either works.  The knight's cape suggests there are pauldrons (shoulder armor) under the cape, which is why it would look so beefy.  I prefer the sprite making it appear as if the breastplate is the only piece of armor for stylistic reasons.

jimmyjw88

Congrats to the winner!!
Score:
Summoner - 4
Knight - 0
Haha.

EDIT: Update above* (Make Knight to Summoner)

jimmyjw88

Alright, update ~ Side View*

mav

Kokojo

mmm, to be perhaps the beard is one pixel too much to the left, otherwise it looks awesome, as usual.

Mav, could you do the portrait once the sprite is finished ?

mav

Yeah, I could do the portrait--there are more talented people that could do it instead, but I'd be happy to.