• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:53:45 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Help with FFTPatcher

Started by katsumottojp, October 26, 2016, 12:24:17 am

katsumottojp

Hi, i've been reading alot here looking ways to add my favorite units on a FFTWOTL iso in order to play this game again :), and do a few rebalances as well...., so i need help with understanding those:

1 - I plan to flag a few units to "join after battle" like Delita and Wiegraf....., however im thinking about inconsistences when i put one of those characters on the party and there is a "guest" or "enemy" version of them on the map as well...., what happens when this..., happens? if this breaks, theres any solution? Are there differences between Delita ch1 and Delita ch2/3 in that matter?

2 - I've reading that theres a few issues that prevents to add "rare" items to shops, this is still happening with the latest version of FFTPatcher? I worry about this because i wont be able to snatch items from Multiplayer..., so i would like to add other ways to get those..., i could also use poach if anything goes wrong anyway.

3 - Is there anyplace i can check the meaning of the stuff? When i see 'innate ability: treasure', im kinda lost....

Thanks in advance!!!
  • Modding version: WotL

BleuVII

1. For storyline characters, you can choose in the ENTD data to "control". That way, they're still a guest, but you don't have to watch them blunder into mistakes over and over again. When you "Join After Battle", this essentially adds a brand new character to your party; the progress from the previous guest is not carried over. So you could have an entire team of Delitas running around; the game would not treat them as the same.

2. I haven't had any problem adding items to shops. You can uncheck "rare" if you want to. Just note that the extra FFTWotL content (like Fell Swords) are not able to be added to shops.

3. It's a lot of trial and error. When I'm done with my hack, I'm going to be compiling a list of things that I learned. For your question, if you give a job an innate status of treasure, they will immediately die and leave behind equipment. I haven't tested it, but I wouldn't recommend it.

katsumottojp

Thanks! i tried alot since then, and managed to build a 90% patch the way i wanted to be :D

I'm just kinda lost with two things...

1 - I cant make swordskills be evadeable....., i already checked both of "evadeable" options on each swordskill...., they still hit 100% on the % window...

2 - Im confused as hell on the stacking reaction innates....., if i have weapon guard and abandon, do they stack? I know that counter and magic counter nullifies eachother....., but what about stuff like Distribution and MP Switch?

Thanks in advance! :D

Nyzer

Quote1 - I cant make swordskills be evadeable....., i already checked both of "evadeable" options on each swordskill...., they still hit 100% on the % window...

IIRC: You need to check the option for Evadeable in the bottom box, below the Formula, just above "Targeting". Some formulas aren't evadeable, but the swordskill formula isn't one of those.

Quotestacking reaction innates.....

Don't.

Just don't do this, ever.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Emmy

Also check to make sure your characters don't have Concentrate or Transparent, and the target isn't already Stopped, Sleeping, etc. since that'll remove evasion.

I wrote a very detailed post on which reactions are compatible with each other on the same guy, which you happened to post on too. <_<  Since this is Wotl and ASM isn't a thing here, the fixes to code those passives as supports can't be done.  So, there's not a whole lot that works in conjunction with Weapon Guard and Abandon with vanilla coding.

Blade Grasp/Arrow Guard are a unique case.  Let's say you have a physical attack, 70 br, and a 2nd physical trigger ability like Dragon Spirit.  With vanilla coding (blade grasp checked before reactions are), you will blade grasp 70% of the time, dragon spirit 21% of the time, nothing 9%.  Again, want to fix it so BG operates as a support (and independently from these checks)?  Mod the Playstation version instead. :P
  • Modding version: PSX

katsumottojp

yeah, it happens i started doing this on wotl, but by the time i started messing with reactions/supports.., i was on vanilla because stuff didnt seem to work on wotl, plus emulation was giving me headaches xD, thanks! i will try all those!!