• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 11:28:41 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

DarkxFatal

February 27, 2013, 03:17:50 pm #2060 Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:35:18 pm by DarkxFatal

Woooo. Undying Flame won, after that horrible fight against Deku..
GG/GF Dol.

That was a pretty long/close fight there. Thought I actually was going to lose, just hold out for a while.
GG/GF Gai.

..Ouch. Triple Battle Song hurts. Maybe if it wasn't for that, I would've won. Who knows.
I at least got a chuckle out of your Mime killing your Monk with that Wave Fist..
And of course, Geitz' Counter and kill of the Squire. Wasn't enough, though.
Oh well. GG/GF Dol.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Tristan#9682

Barren

I figured for the time being I can do a couple of matches every weekend until finals come up which will be within a couple of months or so. Any requests any of you want me to do please PM me and I will do them as soon as I can. In the mean time, thank Dokurider, The Damned and even Otabo for doing some videos while I was (and still am) busy with college. They put the time and effort to bring you the videos as did I
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

The Damned

(School is what's important. I just wish I could take my own advice there, but alas.)

Anyway, due to being the lazy bastard I am and real life still sucking, the videos I recorded...two weeks ago already, won't be up until tomorrow because I still have to edit them. That's going to take at least 4 hours. Probably 6 if I obsesses over it.

Between trying to get my other ideas down and the fact that I finally want to update my threads in the New Projects section today, yeah...that's not going to happen today. Sorry.

So, just a heads up. Everything should be done by tomorrow then, including me catching up and bugging Dokurider about a memory card. The latter can probably wait a bit since it would be unfair to ask him before the people in the six matches get a chance to change their teams up.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

Again Barren, thanks for the video.
vs Bloody Lance: Ever do so much damage, you pass infinity and deal 0? Well that's what this battle was like, thanks to HP Restore here. Major slugfest this fight was, but Air Krieg was not only able to match those Lancers in damage output, those thieves exceeded him in speed and movement, allowing them to hunt down and kill the entire team. They were also able to use their Warpath against them, eventually being able to OHKO them outright.

vs Medeum: Bomb Squad could use some fine tuning is all I can say. Midcharges itself way too much for its own good.

vs Step Into My Parlor: I can barely believe I won that match. Otabo's immobility allowed me to grab crystals sitting right in his face while he was running low on MP. Once I built up MA, Dismember was free to bombard SIMP with Kikuichimoniji until they rolled over. It was still heartbreaking to see that first Whale Whisker miss, that could have really wrapped things up a lot sooner.

vs Four Horsemen of Archery: This team was very hard hitting, but thanks to Projectile Guard, Terror Blade was able to walk all over them and kill with impunity. Magic Gun's high evasion and mantle saved him many times and in fact, was the sole reason why the Horsemen was able to turn things around, albeit briefly. But once Blasphemy charmed, then berserked Speed Bow, it was over. Hilariously enough, they killed said Berserked Archer once he was no longer useful, in a classic villain move.

vs A Very Strange Team: Video gets really laggy here, so it was a little troublesome making out everything that happened. Anyways, this rematch gave this Strange Team a much better fighting chance then the last match. However, they still couldn't handle Ultima Kagesougi.

vs Sword Masters: An timely Charm combined with her teammates inaction...Item Fighters pretty much killed themselves better than Sword Masters ever did, although that Petrify was pretty decisive.

vs First Strike: This match was amazing. Right from the beginning, any team being able to survive First Strike's initial barrage without outright resisting Magic or being immune to said elements was a feat in and of itself. Bizen Boating was a very Gordian solution to stopping First Strike cold. Most of all, Bizen Missile finally earned her nickname. Even after destroying their MP, the battle was far from over. It was a very dramatic back and forth, with Bizen Missile right at the heart of this conflict. It probably wouldn't have been so even handed on a bigger map, nevertheless, this was a very entertaining match.

vs Ele Break: This team is like the Gary Oak to my Ash Ketchum. Anyways, I don't know why Falling Leaves refused to use Slow Dance, not that I think it would have mattered anyways. They got blown up by Spell Guns. The End.

vs Rebalancing Arena: Yeah, there's a good reason why I removed this team from my active roster. I can't really make it work for me without cloning Famous Knights. I might try again in the future.

vs Undying Flame: Barren messed up my setup, those Time Mages are supposed to go last, not first. I felt bad that Barren had to sic such a nasty team on a young team. Way to break Dark's spirits, douche. And they are nasty, most slow teams can't handle the rapid Stops and Katar Thief rushdowns. Combined with the Haste-Slow Differential and most teams just get torn apart regardless of how well made they are.

vs Sword Art Online: This is also a similar story to Secret Krieg in that this team was designed to prey on common weaknesses found in most teams. Not much else to say here.

vs The Damned: I'm not typing out that whole title either. Cursed Ring isn't for everyone. Sometimes relying on conventional revival is the best option. I think the Damned's desire to create a Rainbow Staff/Cursed Ring combo conflicted with his desire to create a Nether Mage and the result spit out a unit that couldn't do either concept justice. I will say this though, I was tempted to add a Flash Hat on my own Nether Wizard, but I decided I needed the extra MP more.

vs Holy Blood: Welcome to the *only* team that completely absorbs Holy. This match might had ended more favorably for me if I was on larger map and thus had more time to build up MA so I could one shot those annoying Paladins. The only way I could beat this team is with OHKOs or status. Well at least Magic Ring let me live for an embarrassingly long time.

vs Great Cocaine Expeditionaries: GCE pretty much got steamrolled here. They couldn't dance long enough for Witch Hunt/Nameless Dance to really take hold before they started getting torn to pieces thanks to a lucky Southern Cross/Bad Luck and a Consecration.

vs Down to Earth: DtE hits hard, but was slowly taken apart by statuses. No Poison Dragon though :(

reinoe

Quote from: Barren on March 02, 2013, 03:59:58 pm
FFT Arena 1.38d Reks (Severe Weather Alert) vs DarkxFatal (Undying Flame)

FFT Arena 1.38d Reks (Nanten Thieves) vs Otabo (Divas That Bring Double Trouble)

Lesson Learned...If a wizard is going to wield fire, then it needs to be able to do something about units midcharging it.  Although it looks like the wizard was just unlucky.  SWA is very slowly getting more powerful.

In the second match Nanten Thieves wasted too many turns being unproductive, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.  They seriously could have won the second round.  As Barren pointed out the A.I. is stupid when it comes to Jump.
My dreams can come true!

The Damned

March 05, 2013, 02:25:46 am #2066 Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 04:04:54 am by The Damned
(Well, that didn't go as "planned", but considering how unreliable I am, this should surprise no one.

*points at current "Unreliable as a Mime" text under current avatar*)

Ugh. That took...a while, partly because stupid sleeping issues, but just because editing took longer than I factored since I keep forgetting how long production can take for videos that are longer than or even remotely near 30 minutes. Regardless, that last memory card is done now. Sorry for the wait:

1. FFT ARENA 138d - Reks (Celestial Stasis) vs. DarkxFatal (Madness Ensues): 7 Rounds [38:55]

2. FFT ARENA 138d - RavenofRazgriz (Playground Pioneers) vs. Dokurider (Air Krieg): 5 Rounds [32:51]

3. FFT ARENA 138d - Otabo (Slick Chicks) vs. formerdeathcorps (Broken): 5 Rounds [23:12]

4. FFT ARENA 138d - Jumza (Down to Earth) vs. Dokurider (Air Krieg): 5 Rounds [22:04]

5. FFT ARENA 138d - Otabo (Step Into My Parlor) vs. formerdeathcorps (S5): 5 Rounds [22:05]

6. FFT ARENA 138d - Otabo (Spirit Cleansers) vs. CT5Holy (Holy Stones): 7 Rounds: Part 1 [28:22]

7. FFT ARENA 138d - Otabo (Spirit Cleansers) vs. CT5Holy (Holy Stones): 7 Rounds: Part 2 [27:16]

Since that took (way) longer than anticipated, I'll wait to comment on things until tomorrow.

EVERYONE HAS UNTIL WEDNESDAY NIGHT--THURSDAY MORNING, REALLY--TO UPDATE THINGS/TEAMS IF THEY WANT TO HAVE A CHANCE OF ME RECORDING THEM.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

Air Knives? More like Unfair Knives.
Also that 999 crit

Ahong

I'm back...

and from this one : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgPGPE4aetg&feature=youtu.be#

Now i know that my SAO Team still far from good. (Recovering any kind of status still low)
And i forgot to put Esuna in Lyfa.

Thank's for the video barren.

DarkxFatal

I do appreciate the video, Damned. But..uh..It looks like you're using an older version of Madness Ensues.

Round 1: Uh. Lava Ball proc. :I About it. Funny TM self-Stop though.
Round 2: Haruna. 3 17% misses? (83% to hit) You're terribly lucky.
Round 3: Stop Stop Stop Berserk Don't Act Don't Act Slow Charm.
Round 4: Oh? Oh? Double Bolt 2 kill? I could actually wi-...or not. Raise Raise 2 Stop Don't Act Slow Silence Stop.
Round 5: Wave Fist! YEAH 60 DAMAGE. And Charm finally hit. Too late, though. Status status status status status.
Round 6: What's this? A battle is finally going my way? And it only took an entire video for it to happen? Joy.
Round 7: Hey look. Haruna the Rusher. Oh boy, Charm! Oh..boy. Charm knockout + Dragon Spirit proc. Oh hey! Geo down! Oh hey.. Petrify Proc. Oh weil.
GG/GF Reks. I clearly need to do some hardcore editing to teams unrelated to Madness Ensues.

The Damned

(Oh, right. I forgot to say both "congrats" for hitting the damage cap, even if I'm not recording Air Krieg again until 139 "drops", and thanks for recording things while I was gone, Dokurider. Incidentally, due to the latter, I discovered this.)

That's because the memory card is unfortunately from more than a month ago already, DarkxFatal. In terms of recording things (and posting them), I was effectively "gone" for three weeks. I should have probably made that more than clear in the description, but...yeah. There's only so much I can do unfortunately.

That said, I did feel bad about your match being a 7 over considering the circumstances. Still, I expected to one of the least one-sided matches since, outside of Otabo vs. CT5Holy, I expected everyone to get curb-stomped, which is basically what happened outside of, surprisingly, Broken's match of all things.

But, yeah, I can have the newest Madness Ensues fight someone else. I offer you a re-match against Celestial Stasis, but that's kind of hiatus at present, so....

DarkxFatal

If you want, I don't have a problem with that.

Though..I would somewhat prefer my Four Point Alliance team be used, as it basically is a rough patchwork of units from four different teams (including the male counterpart to Yuno)

And if it helps, I'm not too sure how much better the more recent ME would have done as I'm pretty sure they still don't have status resistance, just more damage focus.

Reks

March 06, 2013, 04:01:53 am #2072 Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 04:24:18 am by Reks
I don't mind them being used, I just took them off the active roster for reasons of SWA focus. You're free to use them in any matches you've got planned, and I'd actually planned to repost at least them soon.

All in all, GG Dark. To put it lightly,
Status Hell.

So, with that said.... Would you like some more status with your status?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

reinoe

March 06, 2013, 10:49:02 pm #2074 Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:16:21 pm by reinoe
Quote from: Barren on March 06, 2013, 08:53:47 pm
FFT Arena 1.38d - reinoe (Red Dead Redemption) vs CT5Holy (Wizard stuffs)

FFT Arena 1.38d - reinoe (Short Circuit) vs Barren (High Risk High Reward)

What happens at 2:35 isn't the Derpiest thing I've ever seen, but it's pretty high up there.  And it wasn't even an accident like when that Archer knocked a scholar off the building during the Mania video.  The A.I. just straight up thought it would be worth it to move in front of that Hawk's Eye.

Interestingly one of the reasons I gave up on Break techniques is because they missed so darn often.  Then only 1/5 of Barren's breaks miss.  And it was all so meta.  By absorbing three separate elements, I was supposed to be immune to one or even two elements getting negated.  Oh and my team's A.I. was being dumb.  Not brain breakingly dumb, but pretty dumb.  But I knew how this would turn out when my random number generator paired these two teams against each other.

GG Barren and thanks for the matches.
My dreams can come true!

Dokurider

Reinoe gave me the idea of slapping all my Arena videos in a playlist, so here you guys go.

The Damned

March 08, 2013, 06:08:25 am #2076 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:35:07 am by The Damned
(I'll save making a playlist of my stuff until 139 comes out. Well, that and I finally unlist everything, though I may do that this weekend given how everything is going....)

Speaking of which, I'll wait to bug Dokurider about the next memory card until..."later" today, which still is going to "look" like this:

Quote from: The Damned on February 12, 2013, 12:32:25 amNEXT MEMORY CARD:
1. Two more (and possibly final) with Wiz's team.
2. At least one more match for poor neglected Celdia.
3. At least two more matches for poor neglected AeroGP.
4. At least two matches with Otabo's Spellstorm since, uh, Dokurider forgot that team on the current memory card.
5. At least two matches with Otabo's Shroom Squad since, uh, see above.

Only things that have changed at present is now giving Madness Ensues a match against Reks--perhaps a rematch despite DarkxFatal saying it still loses to status--and having Four Point Alliance fight the new guy/Eldritch Abomination, xyzqvw.

(Also, thanks for whoever pointed out to DarkxFatal that Shadow's Call couldn't be opened because of the apostrophe that was there yesterday.)

Now, for the rest of this post, I'll just comment on Barren's mania video and the two most recent ones since I've finally caught up with everything, including all but two of Dokurider's videos:

Air Krieg's usual German Efficiency manages to get delayed by Cursed Ring, though the inevitably still happens anyway. I still have to wonder why, exactly, Cursed Ring guarantees resurrection on the fourth turn when innate immunity to both Crystal and Treasure do not.

Interesting. So the Berserk AI is even dumb enough to attack empty spaces? Sigh. Outside of that, the Thief almost single-handedly came back by himself, though that's not surprising since both Hidden Knife and Quickening are overpowered individually, so. If only he wasn't dumb enough to charge to where he could be stabbed in the back by the Lancer.

Only 33 damage off a gun shot? Geez. That might be the lowest damaging gun shot ever. Anyway, it seems like Parlor only lost because, once again, the Samurai was pretty much a dead weight unit; seems like she'd be better off as a Lancer or something. Well, that and the Bard decided to be idiotic about not using Carbunkle earlier.

Not much to say here except that everything quickly went downhill after the Speed Bow got charmed/ Well, that and I still don't understand why the AI literally chooses to focus on Projectile Guard using units when it has projectile weapons, especially since it's supposedly blind to Reactions otherwise.

The video kinda...went Fubar there for at least 30 seconds, but I'm guessing that Don't Move kept missing the Samurai. It's not like that would have done anything to stop the Archer using Brokagesougi from molesting everything to death.

And so Item Fighters thus became the first of Dokurider to lose because its Wizard kept getting seduced by the enemy Paladin. Shame, especially given that Item Fighters hasn't fought in a while.

Well, this was an interesting back and forth, especially since Malroth's team didn't lose right out like I expected between having a Mime and Bizen Boat OHKO his MP supply.

And Ele Break breaks yet another team. I can't say I'm surprised considering how strong that particular team of CT5Holy's is when he already tends to make strong teams.

Not much to say since Rebalancing Arena doesn't exist anymore for a reason, really.

A pretty clean sweep considering how much power Two Handed daggers actually have even before Stop factors in.

Nice to see Stone Frog horribly destroy someone else besides Wiz or, rather, just nice to see it working as it should with the Wizard no longer so intent on Nursing herself.

So Vampire team gets to fight, only to be shown that its damage is utterly pathetic still. Ugh. I'll just junk it. I find it "funny" how once again I get screwed out of Charm help and, again, by Refute.

Interesting. So the A.I. will indeed rather (self-)Reraise than full itself to heal with Grand Cross while killing and/or maiming its opponent. Idiotic "intelligence".

Nice see to see Consecration get some use, even if it's on a team that doesn't seek to turn the opponent Undead. I still say it needs to lose JP....

Not much to say here considering how much Paralyze dictated the pace and outcome of the map. Maybe it would have gone better if the recently un-Oiled Scholar had chosen to heal herself with Quake rather than attempt a never-to-be Earth Dragon.

Yeah, as I said on Youtube, I really don't understand the Thief getting in the way of its allies Hawk's Eye. The A.I. can be really dumb at times, but that was like...the nadir of its stupidity. Nothing much else to say about the match besides that.

My, Barren, like Ramza you must have the Devil's own luck to be able to beat Short Circuit on not one but two Large maps and consecutively no less. If HP Restore or the Breaks (or the self-Death hits) had been less generous, then you would have likely had to go to Round 3 or just gotten steam-rolled. Still, that's true to the name of the team I suppose, so good job.

Good job to you as well, reinoe, considering that's the first that Short Circuit has even lost a round, much less a match IIRC.

Also, by "later", I potentially any time from "morning" (three hours from now for me on PST) to all the way to "near midnight". It depends on how FUBAR my day is, though it definitely will be FUBAR....

Day EDIT: Wow, I missed that I'd screwed up the spoiler function for more than a day. Go me.

Dokurider

QuoteI still have to wonder why, exactly, Cursed Ring guarantees resurrection on the fourth turn when innate immunity to both Crystal and Treasure do not.

That's a property of Zombie. Without access to Crystal/Treasure, the game is forced to execute the revival script. It's very much like how Guest flagged Undead constantly revived in 1.3.

The Damned

March 08, 2013, 06:18:22 pm #2078 Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:36:37 am by The Damned
(Except....)

That when I tested it years ago, the Always: Undead monsters--(Clarification EDIT: That were made naturally Immune to Crystal & Treasure)--I had weren't guaranteed to revive on the fourth turn. They would still follow the 50/50 chance of getting up and if they didn't get up, then just they just didn't get up; their counter stayed at 0 as the camera zoomed to them like there were going to revive and then...nothing.

So...yeah. That's not it, especially since that's one of the things I clearly remember.

The Damned

(I dislike double-posting, but since I already slept through most of today and it's been 24 hours since that last post because of it....)

There are two things I've been meaning to ask, but first, I'll just post the list of what should be on the next memory card that I just finally asked Dokurider to make:

1. Spellstorm (Otabo) vs. Wiz.
2. Wizards as Weapons (The Damned) vs. Wiz.
3. Madness Ensues (DarkxFatal) vs. Celestial Stasis (Reks). [Re-match]
4. Madness Ensues vs. Severe Weather Alert (Reks).
5. Four Point Alliance (DarkxFatal) vs. xyzqvw.
6. Shroom Squad (Otabo) vs. Celestial Stasis.
7. A Watery Grave (Otabo) vs. Inferno (AeroGP).
8. My Hat in the Ring (Celdia) vs. Shroom Squad.
9. Magical Shield Maidens (Dokurider) vs. Spellstorm.
10. Bloody Lance (Truelight) vs. Target Practice (Otabo).
11. Wings of Zalera (The Damned) vs. My Hat in the Ring.
12. Avalanche S1 vs. AeroGP S1.
13. Order of The Rose (Taichi) vs. xyzqvw.
14. A Very Strange Team (Angelus) vs. My Latest Experiment (Barren).
15. Antimatter (CT5Holy) vs. Mana Missile Matrix (Dokurider).

Year of the Otabo, apparently, though that's mostly because he came up with new teams when I still owed him videos of his old Spellstorm and Shroom Squad teams. So I'm trying to make amends for that while hitting the newest teams and the more neglected people, including Taiichi who even I kept forgetting about not recording.

I'll probably record Madness vs. Celestial Stasis [Re-match] first, though I don't expect for Dokurider to get back to me this weekend since he has a life (or at least more of one than I do, not like that's difficult).

Anyway, the two things that I was going to ask are with regards to my videos:

1. Are the links to the music sources working? I'd check myself, but I don't want to inflate my view count, especially while things are Unlisted still as they are.

2. How people feel about vocal songs? I kind of sprang "Unbreakable Heart", "Innocent Deception", "Concrete Heart" and "Kindred" on you guys in relatively short succession after having, for the longest while, only really used X-23's theme (and, technically, FMA Dante's theme) as the only vocal song in my recordings. Do people mind if I use more? Or are people generally more comfortable with the music being without lyrics? (If they're not just muting the music and using their own anyway?)

*idly wonders if people have even been noticing the tags since he sure as hell can't find them after the latest "upgrade" to Youtube a while back*