• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:30:15 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

Samuraiblackbelt

December 15, 2009, 02:00:46 pm #640 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
now playing Bioshock, it's a kinda weird game, the story is intriguing, but the gameplay isn't as good as other FPSs
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

Nocat

December 15, 2009, 02:16:38 pm #641 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Nocat
Bioshock is an amazing game just for the story. The story was so good, it overshadowed any poor mechanics or gameplay.

SilvasRuin

December 15, 2009, 02:55:04 pm #642 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I want to ask if they would kindly release the sequel already.  (Did I get the phrase right?  It's been a while.)

Nocat

December 15, 2009, 03:21:10 pm #643 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Nocat
would they kindly i think....

Cheetah

December 17, 2009, 01:53:22 pm #644 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
OMG I beat two games in one day, I so love holiday break. So after, ...well probably over a year, I finally beat Valkyria Chronicles. A very good strategy RPG that any FFT fan with a PS3 should pick up. It is really interesting how many parallels there are between it and FFT story-wise. The main character is the son of a dead military hero (Balbanes), who is helped by his fathers friend (Cid), the wars themselves can be seen as mirroring the 50 year war and now VC2 is sounding kind of like the Lion War, awakening ancient forgotten powers, and there are many more similarities. I like this game so much I'm almost tempted to write a review on it, but I believe I will hold off for now.

Then I also beat Castlevania: Circle of the Moon for GBA. I rented this way back when it first came out so it was fun playing it again and finishing it. I have been on a bit of a Castlevania kick, damn you AVGN, and this was the next one I got my hands on after Portrait of Ruin. Obviously there were lots of advances in the DS sequal, but if CotM just had a beastary and a store I probably would say it was the superior game. The Dual Card system or whatever was a lot of fun and very versatile. Obviously there was essentially no story, but at least all the characters looked bad ass. The difficulty was good for the most part, though the magic powers did make it a bit easy at times. I'm not very good at these games though and there was no way I was going to be able to beat Dracula for a good long while without using summons.

Hopefully my next Castlevania game will be Symphony of the Night, which I have been saying for a while. I have it on my psp, I just need to get it working again. They are nice for a quick play on the bus which is the only time I have for video games during the school year. Other than that I am playing through Batman: Arkam Asylum. Sweet game with one of the best collectibles/unlockables systems I have ever seen in a game, there are some many with some many different kinds it is rather sick.
Current Projects:

woodenbandman

December 17, 2009, 02:12:25 pm #645 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
I lost 2 days to Fallout 3.

Vanya

December 18, 2009, 03:32:13 pm #646 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Tried out LoZ:Spirit Tracks. Good game, but makes me wish they would stick to a single continuity.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

woodenbandman

December 18, 2009, 04:00:27 pm #647 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
It makes me wish they'd stop beating a dead horse. They have way too many Zelda games. Make something new.

Samuraiblackbelt

December 18, 2009, 04:24:14 pm #648 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Samuraiblackbelt
same with final fantasy. and CoD, and Halo.
<JoZ> I'm not Wiz. Even if I were, I wouldn't be narcissistic enough to go under an alt and comment on my own team.

PGF: "You are ignoring this user. Click to see their post."

woodenbandman

December 18, 2009, 05:57:10 pm #649 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
Final Fantasy is a bit different, they're all different storylines, which is the major difference between all RPGs, whereas LoZ is same gameplay and story almost verbatim in every game (it's gotten a bit better recently, but it's too little too late).

Luminar

December 18, 2009, 10:17:08 pm #650 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Luminar
Quote from: "Nocat"Just finished Tactics Universe, the Fire Emblem hack that Luminar showed the forums. Good hack. Short but good.

yah, it isnt completed yet but i think it's gonna be the best Fire Emblem patch out next to China FE and Tales of the Emblem, started Fire Emblem Tales of the Emblem.

Luminar

December 18, 2009, 10:18:50 pm #651 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Luminar
Quote from: "Cheetah"omsa I beat two games in one day, I so love holiday break. So after, ...well probably over a year, I finally beat Valkyria Chronicles. A very good strategy RPG that any FFT fan with a PS3 should pick up. It is really interesting how many parallels there are between it and FFT story-wise. The main character is the son of a dead military hero (Balbanes), who is helped by his fathers friend (Cid), the wars themselves can be seen as mirroring the 50 year war and now VC2 is sounding kind of like the Lion War, awakening ancient forgotten powers, and there are many more similarities. I like this game so much I'm almost tempted to write a review on it, but I believe I will hold off for now.

Then I also beat Castlevania: Circle of the Moon for GBA. I rented this way back when it first came out so it was fun playing it again and finishing it. I have been on a bit of a Castlevania kick, damn you AVGN, and this was the next one I got my hands on after Portrait of Ruin. Obviously there were lots of advances in the DS sequal, but if CotM just had a beastary and a store I probably would say it was the superior game. The Dual Card system or whatever was a lot of fun and very versatile. Obviously there was essentially no story, but at least all the characters looked bad ass. The difficulty was good for the most part, though the magic powers did make it a bit easy at times. I'm not very good at these games though and there was no way I was going to be able to beat Dracula for a good long while without using summons.

Hopefully my next Castlevania game will be Symphony of the Night, which I have been saying for a while. I have it on my psp, I just need to get it working again. They are nice for a quick play on the bus which is the only time I have for video games during the school year. Other than that I am playing through Batman: Arkam Asylum. Sweet game with one of the best collectibles/unlockables systems I have ever seen in a game, there are some many with some many different kinds it is rather sick.

u gotta love valkyria chronicles music, definitely from the same guy who did FFT's music.

boomkick

December 18, 2009, 11:42:39 pm #652 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by boomkick
Heroes of Newerth almost made me say "screw finals."

I'm entering a MF2 tournament in January, and I prestige'ed a day before i signed up (need to get to level 70 again... arghh!)

HakuSGX

December 19, 2009, 10:31:05 pm #653 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by HakuSGX
I'm going though my power runs (trying to beat my times, lowest level, etc) though Infinite Undiscovery.

tithin

December 20, 2009, 01:22:13 am #654 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by tithin
Quote from: "philsov"
Quote from: "tithin"asdoifuhosdf9 dragon age is baldurs gate 3

fasdf-90df

A-men.

Going through as an elf mage, with dreams of becoming an arcane warrior.  Current party is allister, leilanna, and wynne in classic tank/archer/healer form.  

Made it through the Mage tower thus far, pretty fun.  Been dying a lot though, I need to be less stingy with the mana pots.

I went through the game as a City Elf Warrior (Champion / Berserker)

Took my initial party as alistair, morrigan and lelliana. Ended with Al, Lelianna, and Wrynn. I just couldn't take any more of Morrigans shit, the bitch hates everything. In fairness, she's really fucking well written, and her constant barbs at alistair had me in stitches.
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Hey, Cosgrove, how come you never married?"
14:45  @SilentB         ò "Because I eat too much meat."
14:46  @Celdia          ò Heresy. No such thing as 'too much meat'
14:47  @Celdia          ò One night with tithin would teach you that.

SolidSnakeDog

December 20, 2009, 02:05:08 am #655 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SolidSnakeDog
just Started playing the new EpicDuel game.
(Form the same creator that made dragon fable/mechquest ect...)
This is a turn based PvP.

I think im doing very well in this. I got 121wins and 56 loses to date.

Still...this game doe not have much stuff yet (this was made playable like a week ago)
so u may want to stay clear form this for now.

Kaijyuu

December 20, 2009, 03:34:00 am #656 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Been playing wc3 custom maps a bit again.

What I love about wc3's custom maps is there are a LOT of gameplay ideas. Generally the maps themselves aren't too complex, but some have quite original and fun ideas. I find a map I like, play it a few times until I feel I've fully explored the concept, and move on.

The best ones are ones with lots of different ways to play the same game: right now the one I've been playing the most took an outdated and traditionally bad concept (hero line war), gutted, retrofitted, and rebalanced it, all while gave the players many viable options to build custom heroes. There's still plenty of imbalance (there's about 5 useless abilities to every useful one), but there's enough balance that it's still fun and enough options to keep me coming back to find new hero compositions. Not to mention variable game modes.

WC3's custom maps may be best known for spawning the aos/dota and tower defense genres, but a lot of other great ideas are there too. I can't wait for starcraft 2.
  • Modding version: PSX

SilvasRuin

December 20, 2009, 04:02:11 am #657 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
Considering the fact that they are opening SC2 up for editing even more than WC3 AND are including features they themselves opted not to use... I expect the potential will be beyond my comprehension.  The question is how much potential will the map makers use?

Zenius

December 20, 2009, 07:17:01 am #658 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zenius
I still play wc3 custom (and ladder)
DotA, Element TD, Angel Arena, Hero Line War Lition, and the list goes on...
But I like Enfos TS MT the best

Vanya

December 20, 2009, 10:59:49 am #659 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
I'm playing New Super Mario Bros Wii in weekly sessions with my best friend and my wife. It is wonderfully hilarious how much we suck! ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯