• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:04:31 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[UTILITY] Win32 Sprite Animator (1.2.2.4)

Started by lirmont, July 03, 2011, 02:59:36 am

lirmont

Okay, noted about arrow keys. I may need screenshots of what you mean for fft-mon.

Basically, I try to keep directions (SE/NE/NW/SW) at the very end of the names so that the engine can do that part for you (because it can be determined by the engine 100% of the time). Other than that, I think it makes sense (as in, it's totally possible to do) to have every status enumerated in the actual format, but features that you limit customization on can be hard-coded in the engine instead (to take some of the work off of people working on animations). As an example, you could copy and shift a majority of the 736 composite frames that compose an fft-type1 animated resource so that they resemble the flying status (but you'd still need to create appropriate named sets for them). However, who would really want to customize that status after just making sure it doesn't do something silly (like have an effect on in-water animations)? Maybe you would if you wanted more than one level of flying/floating (in which case, you'd want to have everything be able to be visually customized at the sprite format level). Whereas, walking speed (re: haste) might be a good thing for customization in general. In other words, if you develop your own formats derivative of the existing formats, you could start compiling a library of per-monster formats. Something like the custom Titan sprite should probably walk more slowly in general. If it's hasted, it should be faster than normal, but it should maybe not be as fast as a regular human; that can be done by deriving a new format based off the old fft-mon format and changing the target animation speed on the appropriate named sets.

Thanks.

Lijj

May 13, 2013, 08:13:22 pm #121 Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 08:21:07 pm by Lijj
I will try to test this soon, I have something I could make a custom (sprite type) sheet with.
  • Modding version: PSX

Choto

Here's a test format that it put out with the issue. If you have other pressing things to do certainly don't worry about it. I'm just lettin ya know so you're aware of the bugs, it's not holding me up in any way though :P

lirmont

May 16, 2013, 02:25:53 am #123 Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:54:23 pm by lirmont
Alright, I think I've fixed the format issue. Re-download/re-install it to hopefully fix the issue. It also adds the arrow key features. By default, if you have something selected, using the arrow keys will do offsetting. Otherwise, you need to press G (grab), S (scale), or R (rotate) first; end by pressing the enter key if you press G, S, or R. Make sure you're not in paint or erase mode. Thanks.

--

Contribution Browser in 1.2.2.0

jorgev

Hello guys,

I was looking for a program to create sprite sheets for a game i'm trying to make.
I came across this promising program, but when i install in and try to start it, it asks for a username and password(license)

So i was wondering if this program is free to use or what the conditions are if not?

thanks if anyone can help me with this

k.regards
Jorgev

lirmont

I send credentials via PM when people ask for them. I just ask that you provide feedback to help make the program better.

Thanks.