• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:30:04 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFH's New Look (Temporary)

Started by Eternal248, December 22, 2010, 11:56:01 pm

Eternal

December 22, 2010, 11:56:01 pm Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:32:28 am by Xifanie
We've recently switched over to a new format, which will be very temporary as we fix everything from the hacked site. This is a huge hassle, I know, but users will need to reupload their avatars and may need to reconfigure their profiles if they were changed.

To mods: If for some reason you don't have the ability to mod your section, PM me and I'll see what the problem is.

To all users: If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to PM myself or Xifanie. I know this format may be hard on the eyes, but we're working quickly to repair the site and fix the format. Thanks for bearing with us!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

December 23, 2010, 12:23:10 am #1 Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 12:26:13 am by GeneralStrife
Those who caused this  shall die too. Well done on forum save you two.

st4rw4k3r

I like the new theme. Although its temp.
It tells me to get off my computer.
Because after awhile of staring at the new theme.
My eyes start to burn.

But nonetheless the forum recovery looks like its going great!

Xifanie

People, you can try other templates I downloaded and installed... feel free to browse, but I think all of them look like trash anyway.

Look and Layout Preferences
Current Theme: SMF Default Theme - Core (change)
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

st4rw4k3r

December 23, 2010, 01:22:15 am #4 Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:27:04 am by st4rw4k3r
Sweet!
I'll Try them out right now.

Also I noticed you got everyone's original account settings and such imported.
Nice job guys, your moving very fast for quite a big disaster.

EDIT*
Yep your right all the themes do suck.

Mari

Glad this shit is temporary or I'd have to stay away from this website forever. ;\
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Eternal

If a bad color scheme (that you can change in your user panel, I might add) is enough to drive you away from this site you've been at for a while, that's a little silly. The format I'm using is called Aa-something and although it looks sci-fi, it's a nice little format.

I understand the default format isn't that pretty, but honestly, I think you all are being a little ungrateful for everything Xif and I have done to fix the forums. Don't like the color scheme? Change it.

Further, Celdia and Xif are looking into restoring the old theme. It's just going to take time until the forums are fully restored.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Eternal248 on December 23, 2010, 09:31:13 am
but honestly, I think you all are being a little ungrateful for everything Xif and I have done to fix the forums.

I sure hope not. I was more joking with the theme and had already changed it. I appreciate what y'all have done.

Kill_Bones

We're just joking around Et, we appreciate all you're doing. This shitty format is better than having NO forum for days.

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

AeroGP

I actually prefer this new format and wish to keep it this way. [/puts up shield]
Quote from: Tycho"There are a number of different factors impacting server connectivity on Xbox 360," the spokesperson said. "It is a particularly complex server architecture and we continue to work with Microsoft to improve connectivity."

I don't want to bolster any "violent gamer" tropes, but that statement makes me want to improve the connectivity of my front two knuckles with their esophagus.  I wonder how Brenna would respond if I told her that "fidelity" was complicated.

st4rw4k3r

December 24, 2010, 01:34:09 pm #10 Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 03:03:07 pm by st4rw4k3r
Sweet!
Some of the original colors are back!
The mix of the two themes look great!

Thank You Celdia.

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Celdia

• Discord username: Celdia#0

GeneralStrife

December 24, 2010, 02:34:49 pm #13 Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:09:23 pm by GeneralStrife
Well done celdia!

mav

Great work, everyone. Quick suggestion, can we have the banner image link back to http://ffhacktics.com/?

Celdia

I agree with that suggestion but my powers of design were superficial only. I can't modify the actual content of things like links, etc. That's up to Xif.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0