• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:41:32 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Synthesis Shop 1.00

Started by Xifanie, November 18, 2013, 08:28:59 pm

Angel

December 20, 2013, 02:17:03 pm #20 Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 06:32:55 pm by Toshiko
That is too awesome! :O

I love the red highlight saying which item(s) are insufficient in quantity. Really looks amazing!

Edit: my keyboard still hates me.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

Xifanie

December 21, 2013, 05:33:11 pm #22 Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:19:12 pm by Xifanie
Well, it's release time! No bug to it to my knowledge. http://xifanie.ffhacktics.com/Synthesis%20Shop/Synthesis%20Shop.xlsx
Edit the spreadsheet as you wish and xml away!
PS: You will need to edit the Fur Shop help popups in FFTactext. Without doing so, Synthesis has Sell's description, and Sell has Leave store's description.

You might have noticed the amount of items isn't recalculated by how many you're buying. I had no real alternative because refreshing the Clerk's message would make it blink repeatedly when increasing the amount when I kept pressing . It looked atrocious. Plus, listing the amount of items you have is already an improvement over FFIX.

WARNING: Do NOT use Razele's "Secret Hunt ability isn't needed to enter Fur Shop" hack.

Standard Fur Shop Menu

Buy is disabled if you don't have
enough shop progression

What happens if Secret Hunt
is required to enter the fur
shop, but isn't equipped
(if enabled)

What happens if Secret Hunt
is required to use the Buy
command, but isn't equipped
(if enabled)

Synthesizing elixirs

New custom text for purchase

Transaction completed and
stock recalculated

For your convenience, items required
will still be displayed even if you don't
have enough gil or items

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Timbo

And the most creative hack award goes to...
  • Discord username: Timbo

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Zareb

Phenomenal work, Xifanie... I can see a lot of patch makers jumping all over this!!
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Celdia

December 22, 2013, 07:24:40 am #27 Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 12:22:10 pm by Celdia
This makes me want to pick up my Minimal project. Seems like it would fit right in there. Absolutely wonderful work.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Timbo

There was talk of rerouting poached items to go directly into your inventory. Does this hack accomplish this?

Xifanie

December 22, 2013, 01:07:10 pm #29 Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:45:30 am by Xifanie
Given the idea was based on completely sacrificing the "Buy" option at the fur shop, no, it didn't happen.

Thanks for the comments everyone~ ♥

I would just love to actually see someone use it
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Timbo

December 22, 2013, 01:39:30 pm #30 Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 01:46:24 pm by Jack of All Trades
I feel dumb but I have to ask what is the difference between buy and synth and what is the point of having a Secret Hunt support? It seems like the basic functionality of the Secret Hunt thing is left in tact, is that correct?

Xifanie

December 23, 2013, 11:36:01 am #31 Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:47:32 am by Xifanie
I tested my hack, and it seems all its functions are working on the Playstation console. However, if you downloaded it less than ~30min after I posted it, it won't. I forgot to check for console breaking errors before releasing the hack... I can just confirm that if you downloaded after that, it should work perfectly on console, and PSP eboot too I'm guessing.

Quote from: Jack of All Trades on December 22, 2013, 01:39:30 pm
I feel dumb but I have to ask what is the difference between buy and synth and what is the point of having a Secret Hunt support? It seems like the basic functionality of the Secret Hunt thing is left in tact, is that correct?

Buy is Fur Shop's Buy
Synthesis is that thing that allows you to consume items and money to get a new item
Secret Hunt requirements are there for those who still want to go at it vanilla style.

LastingDawn

This is the most impressive (absolutely working) hack I have seen in a very long time! Great work Xifanie! I am certain it will find use in people's future mods!
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Zero Dozer

Heh, I've never seen it before. Seems fantastic.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Aqueous

Joisus.

Never knew this existed. Goddammit now this is ANOTHER hack I -have- to add to my game. Synthesis in FF9 is one of my favourite item-based mechanics.

Absolutely awesome Xif, thank you.

gatebuster202

So, I think I just found a use for all those pesky consumables that would have been obsolete in my patch. (Provided I can remove the Chemist class and still have a balanced game...) Thanks Xifanie
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

3lric

Thought I'd ask this here in case anyone else ran into the issue in the future.

I tried to adjust the Tactext, however it seems like both the normal Shop and the Fur Shop use the same Sell dialogue. Also, I opened up my Tactext in notepad and located the Fur Shop help messages, but it only has the buy and leave messages. No matter were I tried to add in a new entry, I was not able to edit the Synth help message without changing the Sell message from the normal shop. Even when adding a new entry, the Exit option would remain blank. Not sure what to do in this case.

Xifanie

July 09, 2015, 05:29:45 pm #37 Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 05:36:58 pm by Xifanie
Alright, I'd like to ask people for their opinions.

As you all know, I'm making a new version of the Synth Shop.
Originally, I was going to force a new poaching system, up to 4 different items, with specified amounts.
Also introducing materials, using item slots 0x100 to 0x1FF.
Basically, poaching a Chocobo could give you up to 10 Chocobo Feathers and 1 Chocobo Beak, stuff like that.

But, how should I handle the materials? I'm not sure, I've thought about replacing the Buy option, with a Buy Materials option. Basically the same thing only that you can only purchase materials. Obviously, this would slash any possibility of buying regular poached items which might be an issue for some people?. But most materials are meant to be acquired via poaching, so I'm not sure if it would be worth it. I'd also want to allow synthing materials, like: 1 Steel Ingot = 1 Iron Ingot + 2 Bones + 3 Fire Balls.

Hopefully I can get some feedback on this, because I want to keep working on this hack, yet I'm confused about what to do next.

gatebuster202

So, how would this restrict the synthesis aspect? How would the materials cut into items space? If this is all free space, I'm for doing just materials. Even if that means that prefab'd(Normal) shop inventory and move finds can't be used. (As long as we aren't encroaching on the limited space for materials, I would prefer it be just materials. To give an opinion.)

Makes those ransoms far more important, if done right!
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Xifanie

Restrict? Materials are only meant to improve the synthesis aspect.
Well, it's free space (kanji space), but it's rare for anyone in this community to come up with such ambitious hacks as mine, so usually I have a fair amount of space to spare. :v (I always try to use it intelligently to save space though)

Also, move-find items have nothing to do with the fur shop, they are added directly into your inventory.