• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:15:07 pm

Mug Help

Started by jimmyjw88, February 03, 2010, 02:21:28 am

Which Cloud is better?

Left?
8 (88.9%)
Right?
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 05, 2010, 07:05:44 pm

jimmyjw88

February 03, 2010, 02:21:28 am Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:06:34 pm by jimmyjw88
A remake of Cloud AC

C & C?

Update*
Please vote, thank you
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Jon

Looks challenging...but it would be cool to see the AC Cloud, hmm, maybe someone should make a motorcycle that functions like a Chocobo but has no attacks haha...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

mav

What are those dark pixels on his left cheek? Shadow? Scars? And maybe the white on the shirt could use some work--right now it looks kind of shredded, when placed against the blue. The hair needs something too, but I'm not sure what. Honestly though, this portrait looks very good.

jimmyjw88

Well, the dark pixels are suppose to be shadow but it seems to be not working. I guess I should tone it down. Yeah, the white zip should use some work.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

RolyTunedIn

"his" right side of the face looks wierd. it needs a little work on it, but i dont know if its because of his cheek but his right eye also looks out of place...

jimmyjw88

I think moving the eye should fix the cheek. I'll get to that.

Paheej

It took me a bit to put my finger on it, but aren't his shoulders way too narrow?

jimmyjw88

Well, that's because he is facing <--- ^^

Cheetah

Shoulders are too narrow and his head looks like an egg. Just because he doesn't have a nose doesn't mean his head is round. It looks like he is tucking is chin down or something. Try reworking the angle that you have his tilted. Also there is too much of his body in the portrait, which probably means that he is too small.
Current Projects:

jimmyjw88

I can rework the shoulders. As for body being too much, note that this is larger than normal avatar/portrait size. So, once trim, we will have lesser body shown. Extending his chin may fix the egg head, I think.

mav

Maybe you should post the picture that you're basing the portrait on--then we'll get a better idea of how the shoulders should look and how to fix the face. I really don't see any problems, but that's just me.

jimmyjw88

Yeah, I guess I should. Here's the picture I'm basing from. I moved his eyes one pixel to the right to fix the cheek problem on the first one. Looks weird. The below is the original.

Kyousukeee

The new one looks better , it's not weird at all . Maybe if you make the chin a few pixels wide it'll look better ?

My suggestion for the shoulders :

Not that the one you did looks bad but maybe in the portrait it'll look small. I didn't work on the shades and stuff , just made it wide.

jimmyjw88

Well, for the shoulders, don't worry about it. I'm just showing that it's based on the reference picture. However, if compare it with FFT's, it's looking weird. So, I'll definitely rework the shoulders.
For the cheek, really? Hmm...

Kyousukeee

I thought it would make a big difference but in the end it didn't change much =/

jimmyjw88

Well, his chin looks more square. ^^

Smash

Hmm.. Doesn't look Cloud enough with the squared chin.

I made an edit that would go well with Kyousukeee's shoulders, imo. Most of the changes were in the face, zoom to see.

Cheetah

Kyousukeee, your solution was pretty good. But like Jimmy said it no longer looked like Cloud. Smash obvious has it right.
Current Projects:

Vanya

It's the left eye that looks wierd to me.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

His left or our left?

It looks good though, but could you drop the lightest blond shade? If you add another light shade to blend the white and the blues from the shirt, it may look better. Maybe, I dunno.