• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[Old] FFT: Plus Bug topic (1.01C Beta bugs to be fixed in 1.01C)

Started by Dome, July 29, 2011, 07:25:35 pm

Dome

FFT: Plus is going to be remade from scratch ;P

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Joseph Strife

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/semttuloxcr.png/

Ok, so far we have a random knight, a random mediator, a random ninja and now a random Agrias...  :shock:
This is starting to amuse me  :lol:
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Eternal

What did you change about the ENTDs that there are these odd units, Dome?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

August 09, 2011, 08:48:21 am #3 Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:49:55 am by Dome
I truly don't know O_O
Seriously, I tought I had removed all those "Strange" units...I'll have to re-check the ENTDs again...
Joseph, when you find one of those units, can you tell me the location, the Chapter you are playing and from where did you enter the battle?

Joseph Strife

The Knight was at lenalia plateau, ch.1 or 2, don't quite remember and from south that's for sure.
The Mediator was on sweegy woods, ch.2 from the right.
The ninja was at zirekyle falls, ch.2, from south
And finaly lady Agrias at lenalia plateau, ch.3, from south.

There seems to be a pattern for this random encounters, i always find theses units at the same places, and i walk all over the map for random encounters. Hope that makes your work easier. :mrgreen:
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"

Dome

Thanks Joseph, you are helping me A LOT with this bugs reports :-)

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Dome on August 09, 2011, 01:15:06 pm
Thanks Joseph, you are helping me A LOT with this bugs reports :-)

That's my work here man!  ;)

Dome

Joseph Strife

Quote from: Dome on August 09, 2011, 01:23:01 pm
I officially declare you awesome xD

Hehe, thanks! :D

Anyways, another thing a found weird, in riovanes castle frist battle there is an archer with angel ring (initial reraise), if i stole it wouldn't the reraise wear off? it actualy continues with reraise. i'm not sure if it's a bug but i thought i should let you know.

Dome

Quote from: Joseph Strife on August 09, 2011, 01:26:56 pm
Hehe, thanks! :D

Anyways, another thing a found weird, in riovanes castle frist battle there is an archer with angel ring (initial reraise), if i stole it wouldn't the reraise wear off? it actualy continues with reraise. i'm not sure if it's a bug but i thought i should let you know.

Not a bug
Initial reraise is like...at the start of the match, you receive the spell "Reraise"
Even if the item is stolen, the status stays
If it's "Permanent", it disappears immediatly after being stolen
OR at least I think xD

Joseph Strife

Thanks, i wasn't sure if was or not a bug.

Stretch

An item description bug: Platina dagger says attack power 9, but it only gives 7.
Yeah, right

Dome

Quote from: Stretch on August 10, 2011, 04:28:10 pm
An item description bug: Platina dagger says attack power 9, but it only gives 7.

Thanks, fixed :-)

Stretch

Something odd, fighting the Goug battle, I tried attacking a ninja with the platina dagger, and he "caught" it. He had bullet guard as a reaction. Do ninja's have innate catch or some other evasion ability? He shouldn't have caught it anyway, since it wasn't thrown...
Yeah, right

Joseph Strife

as far as it is meant to be, bullet guard would prevent bows, crossbows,  guns attacks and throw of all kind. Maybe it the game is merging it with de blade grasp ability.

Eternal

Knives use SP*WP now, which is Throw's formula, meaning Knife attacks can be caught. Just my opinion here, but I really think Dome should just go back to the old Dagger formula because of that. =x
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Joseph Strife

Yeah, maybe it's better way realy.

Stretch

Maybe keep the formula, but increase the range to 3 or even just 2. Make them throwing knives.
Yeah, right

Joseph Strife

but then he would have to make all of them throwing knives, they all have the same formula

ScYze

August 11, 2011, 02:18:57 am #19 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:20:09 am by ScYze
I've encountered the WEIRDEST bug.

http://i54.tinypic.com/2qmq44k.jpg

I play on my mac with a clean patched iso. On the left is the windows version of the PCSX emulator. Everything works fine and my Ramza is casting magic ruin. On the right is the PCSXR mac emulator and magic ruin is stuck at 00% :/. I have this problem with many other spells such as revive, wish, protect, shell, regen, raise. Can't figure out why this happens. Only happens with this patch in particular. 1.3 still works fine.

Also, priest has a typo-ed (at least i think it is) skill where Cura is called Curara.