• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:16:14 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Map Editor: Ganesha 0.60 Released

Started by gomtuu, March 12, 2009, 01:40:11 pm

karsten

June 04, 2009, 02:55:57 am #40 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
damn nice cheetah! keep this up, someday we'll have a way to edit and  insert :)

Archael

June 04, 2009, 07:57:24 am #41 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
that map is badass

LastingDawn

June 04, 2009, 04:11:41 pm #42 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Hmm, it is very well done, concise, and quite easy to imagine! I hope you're able to make that a reality one day soon Cheetah.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

June 04, 2009, 05:11:53 pm #43 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Thanks guys, hopefully someday.

I forgot to mention that at the East end of the map could potentially have a few things to fill up the space. In some of the sketches you can see weapon holders that make for small obstacles. Maybe targets for archers or practice dummies, or different versions of the map with different things there.

While working on this map the idea of creating a sprite for a practice dummy came to me. Just have the walking animation be the dummy kind of swaying in the wind, give it 0 speed, 0 move, and no skills. Just there for characters to beat on in tutorial levels.

OH GREAT IDEA. So for the AI tournaments still have 4 players on each team but set up the ENTDs so that each team has one of these dummy characters. Then the goal becomes to protect your dummy and destroy the enemies. You can use buffing spells on your dummy, and then you could use more AI settings such as Protect on the dummy or Full out Attack on the enemy dummy. Could make for some interesting differences in team setups.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

June 04, 2009, 05:24:53 pm #44 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Haha! That would be interesting, it would take an event work but not really that complicated, just using the outside of Riovanes would work great for that scenario.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

June 04, 2009, 05:45:03 pm #45 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Actually I don't think it would take any editing for the Practice Dummy AI fights. It would just be the previously unused 5th member of each party. Since before they cut the 5th because they would run into sprite limit issues, but since the dummy would be the same sprite that problem wouldn't occur. That would make it really easy!
Current Projects:

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

June 04, 2009, 07:58:06 pm #46 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
Awesome map, Cheetor.  My only critique is that the majority of the level it rather flat.  Maybe add some slight height differences in the dirt area.  Still, while we may not be able to create these yet, I love the initiative to create a map, bro.  Great job.

goldblade0

June 19, 2009, 04:03:48 pm #47 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by goldblade0
Error starting Ganesha.  No window.  Ran from command prompt gives,

C:\Ganesha-0.02\game>C:\Ganesha-0.02\python\ppython.exe -E main.py
DirectStart: Starting the game.
Known pipe types:
  wglGraphicPipe
(all display modules loaded.)
:display:wgldisplay(error): SetPixelFormat(55) failed after window create
:display(error): Window wouldn't open; abandoning window.
:ShowBase(warning): Unable to open 'onscreen' window
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "main.py", line 9, in <module>
      from ganesha.ui import Map_Viewer
  File "C:\Ganesha-0.0\game]ganesha\ui.py", line 5, in <module>
      import direct.directbase.DirectStart
  File "C:\Ganesha-0.02\direct\directbase\DirectStart.py", line 4, in <module>
      ShowBase.ShowBase<>
  File "C:\Ganesha-0.02\direct\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 229, in __init__
      self.openDefaultWindow(startDirect = False, props=props)
  File "CL\Ganesha-0.02\direct\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 726, in openDefalutWindow
      raise StandardError, 'Could not open window.'
StandardError: Could not open window.
It'll be a good long time until someone flushes another guitar string.

Kokojo

October 28, 2009, 03:48:09 pm #48 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
I get the same error, any ideas why ?

I really need any help I can help. I simply don't know how to open this.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

degrofm

October 28, 2009, 07:21:20 pm #49 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by degrofm
So I got the Windows version to run on my Mac in Crossover Games, if you care about that at all...

gomtuu

Quote from: "goldblade0"C:\Ganesha-0.02\game>C:\Ganesha-0.02\python\ppython.exe -E main.py
DirectStart: Starting the game.
Known pipe types:
wglGraphicPipe
:display:wgldisplay(error): SetPixelFormat(55) failed after window create
:display(error): Window wouldn't open; abandoning window.
:ShowBase(warning): Unable to open 'onscreen' window
File "main.py", line 9, in <module>
from ganesha.ui import Map_Viewer
File "C:\Ganesha-0.0\game]ganesha\ui.py", line 5, in <module>
import direct.directbase.DirectStart
File "C:\Ganesha-0.02\direct\directbase\DirectStart.py", line 4, in <module>
ShowBase.ShowBase<>
File "C:\Ganesha-0.02\direct\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 229, in __init__
self.openDefaultWindow(startDirect = False, props=props)
File "CL\Ganesha-0.02\direct\showbase\ShowBase.py", line 726, in openDefalutWindow
raise StandardError, 'Could not open window.'
StandardError: Could not open window.
I've never seen this error, but I found a thread about it in the Panda3D forums. It could help...

http://www.panda3d.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6088

Quote from: "degrofm"So I got the Windows version to run on my Mac in Crossover Games, if you care about that at all...
Cool! I don't think I ever tried Ganesha or map2gl in wine... Good to know. Does it seem fast enough?

Kokojo

Up to the second error, yay!

C:\Documents and Settings\Benjamin>"C:\Documents and Settings\Benjamin\Bureau\bo
bray.lnk"

C:\Documents and Settings\Benjamin>DirectStart: Starting the game.
Known pipe types:
  wdxGraphicsPipe8
attempting D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
  File "main.py", line 17, in <module>
    map_viewer.start(gns_path)
  File "C:\Ganesha-0.02\game\ganesha\ui.py", line 219, in start
    self.world.read_gns(gns_path)
  File "C:\Ganesha-0.02\game\ganesha\world.py", line 273, in read_gns
    self.map.gns.read(gns_path)
  File "C:\Ganesha-0.02\game\fft\map\gns.py", line 52, in read
    resource_filename = fft.map.lbas[resource_lba]
KeyError: 0

Kokojo

Sorry for doublepost but that was necessary.

degrofm

Quote from: "gomtuu"
Quote from: "degrofm"So I got the Windows version to run on my Mac in Crossover Games, if you care about that at all...
Cool! I don't think I ever tried Ganesha or map2gl in wine... Good to know. Does it seem fast enough?

Yeah, it definitely seemed to be running at a reasonable speed. I'll have to play around with it a bit more, but from what I did it seemed to work just fine.

gomtuu

Hey guys! Ganesha just edited its first polygon a few minutes ago. Completely within the GUI, no hex edits necessary. Notice the far left tile:

[attachment=1:2p1zo0n5]first-polygon-edit.png[/attachment:2p1zo0n5]

Here's what the polygon-editing window looks like so far:

[attachment=0:2p1zo0n5]first-edit-window.png[/attachment:2p1zo0n5]

I still need to improve it a bit before it's ready for release, but as you can see, things are coming along nicely!

Cheetah

Very freaking sweet Gomtuu, so very exciting. Are these values in decimal now too?!?!?! Are you planning on combining all the features of the map viewer, split/join, and Ganesha?
Current Projects:

Vanya

Nice!
This is giving me ideas for a Vandal Hearts remake again! :3
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kaijyuu

Hrm, I dunno. Vandal Hearts just wouldn't feel right in FFT, mostly because there wouldn't be ridiculous blood explosions when people die :(

Anyway, map editor = awesome. Next we'll need a proper overworld editor and FFT hacking will be leagues ahead of where it is now.
  • Modding version: PSX

Vanya

Buck ups! Make back ups in at least 2 other places.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯