• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

WOTL - changing dark knight sprites...

Started by scorpiova, March 21, 2017, 03:11:15 pm

scorpiova

Hey ladies and gents,

I am currently modding both the PSX and PSP versions in different ways. Thankfully the PSX is soo easy to mod.

I am looking at changing the portraits/formation/sprite for Dark knight and Onion Knight in WOTL - is that possible? I know in the unit/wildface bins - I can't seem to find any entry for Dark Knight, Onion Knight, or even Balthier and Luso.

Are these items simply hard-coded and inaccessible?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Xifanie

I know they're in a separate file entirely (because WotL is basically a hacked version of the PSX version, so any addition is present in a RAM/VRAM location entirely different from the originals'), but I couldn't say if there is a tool that can edit it, nor do I know which file it is.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

scorpiova

Quote from: Xifanie on March 21, 2017, 04:25:07 pm
I know they're in a separate file entirely (because WotL is basically a hacked version of the PSX version, so any addition is present in a RAM/VRAM location entirely different from the originals'), but I couldn't say if there is a tool that can edit it, nor do I know which file it is.

Thanks for the reply - at least I know now not to put much effort into those bmp's. The WOTL version is really not worth extensive effort.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL