• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:49:29 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Please help me :(

Started by Saher Qureshi, October 09, 2013, 11:16:31 pm

Saher Qureshi

Hey guys! I am a die hard fan of final fantasy tactics :3 , I am just not able to play final fantasy tactics : war of the lions on my pc. :( I try everything on psp emulator(PPSSPP emulator), it lags so bad and no sound for the intro and the scenes. :( I can play the final fantasy tactics (the first one) very easily on my psp emulator (PsX emulator) ...I never got the chance to play war of the lions...Someone please help me out. x_x I have played the original fft a 100 times and I have been trying so hard to find war of lions for the past three days... ;__; I want to try out and see the new two jobs in war of the lions...someone PLEASE PLEASE HELP Q_Q I will be the most grateful person towards you ;_; Thank you.

Lijj

Howabout something completely new?!
Since.. I don't know how to play WotL on a pc and
'cause the new jobs are lame in WotL anyway.
Someone here may help you with that.

I suggest trying these hacks in the meantime:

Jot5: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9583.0
CoP: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?board=62.0
  • Modding version: PSX

Atma

I've never attempted emulating PSP on my PC cause I've had 3 PSPs already, so no need. 
There are some good mods and custom things you can do if you want to spice up the old vanilla version of the PSX Tactics.
In all honesty, the WotL version is better in some ways, but mostly inferior in all others.  The addition of cinematics is alright.  The new jobs really aren't much more than new sprites with mostly uninspired abilities.  If you really want, use your PSX version and create the Dark Knight class.  Luso and Balthier are meh.  I never cared to use 'em.
Only other thing is a few extra battles.  Nothing spectacular, tho.  Heck, I can barely even remember them.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Saher Qureshi

Quote from: Lijj on October 09, 2013, 11:38:38 pm
Howabout something completely new?!
Since.. I don't know how to play WotL on a pc and
'cause the new jobs are lame in WotL anyway.
Someone here may help you with that.

I suggest trying these hacks in the meantime:

Jot5: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9583.0
CoP: http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?board=62.0

Hello...thank you for your alternate version :3 But can I use hacks on my psX version to have dark knight and onion knight and the new characters? or is it too much? x_x Thank you! THANK YOU so very much for helping me out ;_;

Angel

It's possible to overwrite one of the existing jobs to create Dark Knight, complete with the correct sprites, but not currently possible to add the job to the job wheel without sacrificing one of the other jobs. Onion Knight, however, is still out of grasp, as far as I know. It would require ASM hacks to duplicate the job's features.

Sadly, the only advice I would have otherwise is upgrading your computer or getting a better one. And if you did, to stick with Intel processors and nvidia video cards, because PPSSPP doesn't like AMD very much (nor do many other emulators). Or, if you have a particularly nice Android phone, to try the Android version of PPSSPP.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Saher Qureshi

Quote from: Toshiko on October 10, 2013, 03:05:01 am
It's possible to overwrite one of the existing jobs to create Dark Knight, complete with the correct sprites, but not currently possible to add the job to the job wheel without sacrificing one of the other jobs. Onion Knight, however, is still out of grasp, as far as I know. It would require ASM hacks to duplicate the job's features.

Sadly, the only advice I would have otherwise is upgrading your computer or getting a better one. And if you did, to stick with Intel processors and nvidia video cards, because PPSSPP doesn't like AMD very much (nor do many other emulators). Or, if you have a particularly nice Android phone, to try the Android version of PPSSPP.

Yes...but are there patches for PsX of these jobs? :(

Angel

October 10, 2013, 10:49:37 am #6 Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:09:30 am by Toshiko
Not ready made, no. That I know of, anyway. Since not everyone would agree to sacrificing the same job for Dark Knight (and because it's such an easy job to recreate) it's better to leave it up to the user to decide which job to kill off.

If you'd like, I could make a patch that combines Knight and Dark Knight together as one job, so that way there's no sacrifice. Onion Knight is far beyond my ability, though.

Edit:
Looking at the skills in Patcher, they seem to be brand new skills with brand new formulas. That may be out of my ability, as well. x___x
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

scorpiova

(PSX VERSION) Sorry for reviving a dead post - so to be clear can I remove mime to add Dark Knight? Would I be required to apply the ASM hack to "make mime a normal job" in order to make it work?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL